New Coaches (merged all new coach topics)

joey87

I think we should go after Brent Pease from Florida...he is who we should have went after hard to fill the OC slot.

As HC?

wde

Yes as head coach...I think he would do quite well...yes I know he is a coordinator but he is an offensive minded guy and seems to have Florida moving along well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the blame must go to Jeff Grimes. He's a great recruiter, but it doesn't look like he can coach them up.

Good grief dude. Give it a rest. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen here. PLEASE, go find happiness in life somewhere. Find another team to cheer for, Clearly NOTHING at Auburn makes you happy.

Good grief dude, he's right. Grimes' only add value as a coach is as a recruiter. He should;ve been canned last year.

Again, absolutely ludicrous. I'm not sure which is worse, your lack of knowledge on the topic, or you agreeing with the most uninformed and negative poster here. Grimes is a tremendous Offensive Line coach.

I would take Dan "The Man" Mullen. I believe he would come if offered.

Not a bad idea. He will win 10 or 11 games this year with very little resources. Not sure he would come given his anger of the whole Cam Thing.

Or his possible involvement. Remember, he didn't contact the NCAA until after Cam gave his verbal to Auburn. Otherwise he would have been just fine and dandy with Cecil and son.

As stated previously.......why do we have 22 pages of crap about our own team started by a troll.

Can we just kill this thread already............somethings are worth copying bama - like not putting out your own bad press.

We are not looking for a new HC and will not need one. 1 in 6 people on this site do not beleive he should be our coach (according to the poll), and I am assuming that every bammer on here gave a vote, and of the AU fans that voted him down I will go ahead and assume 1 in 6 of them have no ties to the university other than they claim to cheer for AU.

I would take Dan "The Man" Mullen. I believe he would come if offered.

Not a bad idea. He will win 10 or 11 games this year with very little resources. Not sure he would come given his anger of the whole Cam Thing.

Or his possible involvement. Remember, he didn't contact the NCAA until after Cam gave his verbal to Auburn. Otherwise he would have been just fine and dandy with Cecil and son.

Good point.

Bobby Petrino isn't the answer for sure people. Come on now. Let's see what happens the rest of the year before we start that kind of crazy talk.

On around the horn three of the 4 "Sports experts" thought Chizik should be gone after this season Even though this was on BSPN I thought this was interesting

On around the horn three of the 4 "Sports experts" thought Chizik should be gone after this season Even though this was on BSPN I thought this was interesting

Around the Horn is for the the mentally incompetent. I can't imagine why anyone would watch that show other than pure Darwin Award worthy discussion.

wde

Around the Horn is for the the mentally incompetent. I can't imagine why anyone would watch that show other than pure Darwin Award worthy discussion.

wde

Truer words have never been spoken. You will get absolutely zero sports knowledge watching that show. Just like professional wrestling, it is for entertainment purposes only.

I haven't read through all 21 pages of this but one name that I think would be very appealing would be Steve Sarkisian from Washington. He's an offensive mind that has taken a team that went 0-12 in 2008 to a top 25 team in the country. He's been able to recruit against Cal, USC, and Oregon consistently. He's a young guy and I'm pretty sure anyone in America would consider AU a step up from UW. The only negative I see from this potential candidate is he would bring Tosh Lupoi as his DC (best recruiter on the west coast) which means we'd lose BVG. Thoughts?

I would be very supportive of that move, but I agree that it is unlikely at this point that we are going to fire Chiz.

Steve Sarkisian (if he would leave the PAC 12), Charlie Strong......it's all a moot point though, he'll be back without csl

Well here is another coach list after another loss 1: Jeff Fisher 2: Butch Davis 3: Mark May he knows the game inside out.

If they hire a Jeff Fisher type, things are looking up. This means wholesale changes in the entire program. Lock out people that have no business being around.

If they hire a Gary Patterson / Charlie Strong type, more of the same.

Please stop with this Kirby smart for coach at AU!!! Anybody ever hear of James Franklin? Now that guy can coach

I was thinking the same thing, but not sure he would give up the Vandy gig to inherit this mess.

some names....some realistic:

Art Briles

Steve Sarkisian

Butch Jones

Mike Riley

Kyle Flood

James Franklin

Gus Malzahn

Mike Leach

Larry Fedora

I don't know how good of a job they would do at Auburn, but that is a list of names that we could hire from. I'm not saying I agree with all. Just saying a lot of the names being thrown out are unrealistic IMO. (as far as guys who would come to Auburn)

Archived