New Coaches (merged all new coach topics)

joey87

Art Briles - Never happen

Charlie Strong - Never happen with even a higher percentage than Art Briles.

Kirby Smart - If you want another coach that is going to be abused by the PTB just like every coach has been since Dye, then go ahead.

If they hire a seasoned guy.....Not saying Jeff Fisher. But a Jeff Fisher type coach that will only come if he has total control. Other wise we just have more of the same and might as well keep Gene.

Very compelling arguments for Briles and Strong. Briles, if I had to rank those three, Biles would be third, because, again, a complete lack of D. Charlie Strong is a toss up. He would have to want to come here. He recently got a long contract extension worth $2.3 million a year, with the Louisville AD saying last week that he would do anything to keep him. Now...as for Smart, a Saban disciple... be abused? Makes sense :-\ . But for Smart to be pulled away from Saban and co. it would take a LOT.

No other coach comes to mind that would make anyone happy apparently, at least not anyone realistic. Brian Kelly? Same argument I made for Holgorsen, unless he's insane, he's not coming to the worst team in the SEC from his "dream job." Cowher is retired and has shown no indication that he wants to coach again, and if he did it, it would be in the NFL; he has never coached in college. Tressel and Petrino are scum; funny how people abandon their morals when they're desperate. And Gary Patterson does not seem to be intent on leaving TCU anytime soon.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want a coach who can teach tackling, keep players in the game after they make plays (Like why did Coates seem to disappear) and call an offense that NEVER has a HB draw on 3rd and long

Anyone think about Sean Payton? Or maybe getting Pete Carrol? Just some more names I thought I should throw in there. Although, both probably won't leave the NFL.

Anyone think about Sean Payton? Or maybe getting Pete Carrol? Just some more names I thought I should throw in there. Although, both probably won't leave the NFL.

Jason Garrett from the Cowboys might be more realistic.

Don't want to piss anyone off, but Y'all understand it is not going to happen, right?

Do not under-estimate us. I have all of the faith in the world that we will have this figured out by Friday p.m., Tuesday week at the very latest.

Like many of my AU brothers and sisters..............I'm frustrated. One thing we could always trust when watching a Tuberville coached team was the kids played with great fundamentals. They attacked, played mean, and were ready to punch a top 5 team in the mouth (but may trip over an unranked team, lol). But, unfortunately, Tubs was never one to rake in the 5 star players.

Now with Chiz, we've got all the talent in the world...........with none of the development or fundamentals. I'm watching our defensive linemen stand straight up and get pushed around like peewee players. I'm watching our defense looking at the ground when they try to attack the ball carrier. I'm watching quarterbacks lower their head because they know they can't win a game. I'm watching an o-line that looks lost, confused, unsure, and reluctant to hit. We have zero fundamentals.......................

You want to know why we won a national championship in 2010? Because we had a core of players that retained the fundamentals from Tubs, and some flashy 5 stars brought in by the current staff. That was the apex of the Chizik era, and if he coaches for 20 more years at Auburn, he'll never experience another season like that.

Here's my solution. Don't fire Chizik. Promote him to athletic director. He is a great Christian man that has put our beloved school on the map with big time recruits. He captained the ship to our first national championship in 53 years. He's helped to rebuild our family atmosphere. Even with our losing record, I'm proud he's a part of our school.

Who do we hire? Only two choices in my mind..............Peterson or Patterson.

Like many of my AU brothers and sisters..............I'm frustrated. One thing we could always trust when watching a Tuberville coached team was the kids played with great fundamentals. They attacked, played mean, and were ready to punch a top 5 team in the mouth (but may trip over an unranked team, lol). But, unfortunately, Tubs was never one to rake in the 5 star players.

Now with Chiz, we've got all the talent in the world...........with none of the development or fundamentals. I'm watching our defensive linemen stand straight up and get pushed around like peewee players. I'm watching our defense looking at the ground when they try to attack the ball carrier. I'm watching quarterbacks lower their head because they know they can't win a game. I'm watching an o-line that looks lost, confused, unsure, and reluctant to hit. We have zero fundamentals.......................

You want to know why we won a national championship in 2010? Because we had a core of players that retained the fundamentals from Tubs, and some flashy 5 stars brought in by the current staff. That was the apex of the Chizik era, and if he coaches for 20 more years at Auburn, he'll never experience another season like that.

Here's my solution. Don't fire Chizik. Promote him to athletic director. He is a great Christian man that has put our beloved school on the map with big time recruits. He captained the ship to our first national championship in 53 years. He's helped to rebuild our family atmosphere. Even with our losing record, I'm proud he's a part of our school.

Who do we hire? Only two choices in my mind..............Peterson or Patterson.

Like!

Never forget Jamie Newberg (recruiting analyst) being interviewed on 680 in ATL years ago. Host asked why Auburn always played tough when they didn't get many 4/5 star recruits. Jamie said CTT did a great job of recruiting the right players, the ones he could coach and form rather than taking the risk of managing a big ego.

This was in response to a UGA fan asking why Richt couldn't do much with all their 4/5 star recruits and the stigma around too many big wigs on campus with a me attitude developed in high school.

Doesn't mean much, just repeating one analyst's opinion.

Art Briles - Never happen

Charlie Strong - Never happen with even a higher percentage than Art Briles.

Kirby Smart - If you want another coach that is going to be abused by the PTB just like every coach has been since Dye, then go ahead.

If they hire a seasoned guy.....Not saying Jeff Fisher. But a Jeff Fisher type coach that will only come if he has total control. Other wise we just have more of the same and might as well keep Gene.

Very compelling arguments for Briles and Strong. Briles, if I had to rank those three, Biles would be third, because, again, a complete lack of D. Charlie Strong is a toss up. He would have to want to come here. He recently got a long contract extension worth $2.3 million a year, with the Louisville AD saying last week that he would do anything to keep him. Now...as for Smart, a Saban disciple... be abused? Makes sense :-\ . But for Smart to be pulled away from Saban and co. it would take a LOT.

No other coach comes to mind that would make anyone happy apparently, at least not anyone realistic. Brian Kelly? Same argument I made for Holgorsen, unless he's insane, he's not coming to the worst team in the SEC from his "dream job." Cowher is retired and has shown no indication that he wants to coach again, and if he did it, it would be in the NFL; he has never coached in college. Tressel and Petrino are scum; funny how people abandon their morals when they're desperate. And Gary Patterson does not seem to be intent on leaving TCU anytime soon.

Briles - The man has never coached outside of the state of Texas. He is 56 and I doubt he is going to uproot and leave.

Strong - Not going to open that can of worms.

Smart - Name 1 coach that has been at Auburn since Pat Dye that was not controlled by Dye and PTB? Tubbs might have tried but he was run out of town. Smart does not have the resume to demand that the only way he comes is to have total rule. You don't have to agree with me for that to be true.

Did anyone think of hiring any of these names yet? This is what I'm hearing thus far I will keep everyone up to date as I get new info:

Bill Cowher

Bo Schembechler

Walter Camp

Bill Belichick

Jimmie Johnson

Tom Coughlin

Mike Mccarthy

Jim Harbough

Lou Holtz

Steven Seagal

Popeye The Sailor Man

Big Bird ( there cutting his funding on PBS, maybe looking for a job)

The Brawny Paper Towel Man

Digger (from NASCAR)

Knute Rockne

Bill Parcells

Barry Switzer

The Boogie Man (from WWF)

The Godfather (WWF)

Woody Haze

Map (from Dora the Explorer)

Sir Big Spur (South Carolina's Rooster

http://www.google.co...r:26,s:20,i:213

Updated

By popular demand Chuck Norris and Norm Chow have been added.

***The early lead seems to be Sir Big Spur you can expect the Mobile news to announce him officially as early as tomorrow morning.***

Did anyone think of hiring any of these names yet? This is what I'm hearing thus far I will keep everyone up to date as I get new info:

Bill Cowher

Bo Schembechler

Walter Camp

Bill Belichick

Jimmie Johnson

Tom Coughlin

Mike Mccarthy

Jim Harbough

Lou Holtz

Steven Seagal

Popeye The Sailor Man

Digger (from NASCAR)

Knute Rockne

Bill Parcells

Barry Switzer

The Godfather (WWF)

Woody Haze

Sir Big Spur (South Carolina's Rooster)

Would never want him. He's a big old pecker.

Bill Cowher

Bo Schembechler

Walter Camp

Bill Belichick

Jimmie Johnson

Tom Coughlin

Mike Mccarthy

Jim Harbough

Lou Holtz

Steven Seagal

Popeye The Sailor Man

Digger (from NASCAR)

Knute Rockne

Bill Parcells

Barry Switzer

The Godfather (WWF)

Woody Haze

You had a solid list going to you got to the guy from the WWF. How can we go to the BOT with wrestlers!!! get real :laugh:

I honestly think if Auburn would bring back Gus as Head Coach, keep Jay Boulware and Brian Van Gorder but have Gus change up the rest of the staff it might be the perfect situation. The players would have a familiar coach leading them that helped win the NC and we could keep continuity on defense and revert back to the offense we had for the 3 previous years. Not only that we might be able to salvage this recruiting class.

Malzahn is a good man, a good coach, and a great offensive mind. I'd be proud to have him back.

Bill Cowher

Bo Schembechler

Walter Camp

Bill Belichick

Jimmie Johnson

Tom Coughlin

Mike Mccarthy

Jim Harbough

Lou Holtz

Steven Seagal

Popeye The Sailor Man

Digger (from NASCAR)

Knute Rockne

Bill Parcells

Barry Switzer

The Godfather (WWF)

Woody Haze

You had a solid list going to you got to the guy from the WWF. How can we go to the BOT with wrestlers!!! get real :laugh:

True. But I thaught Lou Holtz was gonna give my list away as being a fraud. Never would of suspected the wrestler to give it away. As Chris Farley would say "Darn It"

Briles - The man has never coached outside of the state of Texas. He is 56 and I doubt he is going to uproot and leave.

Strong - Not going to open that can of worms.

Smart - Name 1 coach that has been at Auburn since Pat Dye that was not controlled by Dye and PTB? Tubbs might have tried but he was run out of town. Smart does not have the resume to demand that the only way he comes is to have total rule. You don't have to agree with me for that to be true.

Fair enough with Briles, but I still think Strong is a possibility. A very slim possibility, but a possibility nonetheless. But if the criteria for the new HC is to be someone who can come in and exact complete control, I just can't think of any realistic possibilities.

Bill Cowher

Bo Schembechler

Walter Camp

Bill Belichick

Jimmie Johnson

Tom Coughlin

Mike Mccarthy

Jim Harbough

Lou Holtz

Steven Seagal

Popeye The Sailor Man

Digger (from NASCAR)

Knute Rockne

Bill Parcells

Barry Switzer

The Godfather (WWF)

Woody Haze

And I can't believe you forgot Shug Jordan!

I'm on the Bobby Petrino bandwagon (I think). Sure, he's a douche. But he's a douche who can coach the crap out of football teams. And for the amount of money these guys get paid, I want my football coach to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES.

Petrino never won a big game at Ark, and he's already screwed us once. That fact alone disqualifys him in my book from ever being on Auburn's payroll again.

Ya'll need to realize that we ain't getting a HUGE named coach. We didn't get one last time; we won't get one this time. We are gonna a Mark Hudspeth type of hire. There's nothing we can do; that's just the way it is. Sorry.

Archived