New Coaches (merged all new coach topics)

joey87

What about Mike Singletary? He's a hard nosed son of a gun. Don't know how he would recruit, but having an NFL hall of famer and Super Bowl champion in your living room sure would be nice.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heck...I just realized that there are hundreds of pages on this topic. By the time I read all 206 pages, we might have a new coach! OK....

1. I cannot believe that I am reading that firing CGC is a bad thing. If we do not have a new coach for next season, it will be 2016 or later before we make it to a bowl game. This has to happen without a doubt. I hate to have to even consider this, but if we put it off and see what happens next year with another season of this coaching staff, the program will be lost for a long time. I really hope that Coach Chizik will do the honorable thing for the players, the fans, and Auburn University and resign at the end of the season. I am sure he can work out all of his financial situation and have a nice golden parachute to ease him out the way. THis way, all can end honorably and we can have a new coach in place to pick up the program and put us back on the winning track.

I say give Willie Taggart a look. I think he could energize the program quickly. A roll of the dice yeah but what candidate out there isn't?

From what I've heard from one of his players this past summer I would not be unhappy at all if he was our next HC.

Odd to mention Bowden in a negative light. He accomplished quite a bit at Auburn, over a longer period of time than Petrino has won anywhere.

I knew/know players that played for him and they all HATE him. (I assume you are talking about Terry.)

compare his coaching to jim harbaugh....with san franscisco...and the exact same players....and then ask that question again. IF you still want him after comparison then you truly are a fool.

Its just a thought.

compare his coaching to jim harbaugh....with san franscisco...and the exact same players....and then ask that question again. IF you still want him after comparison then you truly are a fool.

just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make them a fool. Might wanna come down from your high horse a bit and mingle with us commoners.

8 wins 22 losses wining percentage.462% Get a proven head coach.

I may not be the best with percentages, but...

just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make them a fool. Might wanna come down from your high horse a bit and mingle with us commoners.

im not on a high horse but it should be somewhat common sense that if Coach A does one thing with a group of players and then Coach B does another thing that's better then maybe Coach A isn't good. I didn't directly attack anyone, I just said take both coaches records and compare them and if you still wanted him then you would be a fool. That's the problem we have now with this staff because in charge didn't look at the overall body of work. the record should speak for itself. chill out. I'm not saying he's a horrible coach, but he wasn't a great head coach and he was one hell of a motivator.

Haha .... Yeah I have no idea how that came out to be 46.2%? Actually, it says .462% or maybe even 462%? Either way, 8/30*100 = 26.7% and 8/22*100 (assuming the math was just done wrong) = 36.4%. Haha. Looks like our math department might need upgraded along with our football program.

Taggert is awesome. Harbough disciple and knows how to run a pro power style o correctly.

Him or Gus. Malzahn would be awesome. Imagine his O unhindered by a hc; to be able to run it as fast as he wants. Gus was a huge factor in our offensive recruiting. Record breaking offenses everywhere he goes. He helped us win a nc. Gus is THE man. Bring on the bus.

Haha .... Yeah I have no idea how that came out to be 46.2%? Actually, it says .462% or maybe even 462%? Either way, 8/30*100 = 26.7% and 8/22*100 (assuming the math was just done wrong) = 36.4%. Haha. Looks like our math department might need upgraded along with our football program.

8 wins and 22 losses = 30 games. 8 divided by 30= .266 x 100= 26.6 My bad. I copied it from a stat sheet without figuring the %. Still not a good winning %age.

Archived