Loeffler familiar with losing

douggwilliams

I keep hearing this.... What would be CGC reason for controlling the offense? Is it to "protect the defense" still? That doesn't make any sense. Defensive minded coaches should never try to dictate an offense, you end up with what we have.

Various reasons including:

-- He's a micromanaging control freak.

-- To protect the defense.

-- Because he has an ego and it causes him to think he knows more about the other side of the ball than he really does.

-- He feels the pressure to perform and figures if he's going to go down, it will be on his terms and not because of someone else.

None of them are good reasons, but there you are.

I keep hearing this.... What would be CGC reason for controlling the offense? Is it to "protect the defense" still? That doesn't make any sense. Defensive minded coaches should never try to dictate an offense, you end up with what we have.

Various reasons including:

-- He's a micromanaging control freak.

-- To protect the defense.

-- Because he has an ego and it causes him to think he knows more about the other side of the ball than he really does.

-- He feels the pressure to perform and figures if he's going to go down, it will be on his terms and not because of someone else.

None of them are good reasons, but there you are.

Sounds like Tubbs 2.0 with a weaker defense

Not reading this whole thread but I'll just say this to you. It's what's happening no matter what you wish to believe:

This is not Scot Loeffler's offense and hasn't been since the first game of the season. Our head coach has been extremely involved in both gameplanning and playcalling on the offensive side of the ball. And this was happening last year with Gus as well.

Note: Saying this is not making the argument that a head coach should never have input or make a key call. Every head coach does that. Late in the game, at key junctures, head coaches sometimes give direction whether it's "keep the pedal mashed down" or "keep the clock running" or "we're playing for field position here." But otherwise unless they are the defacto coordinator for their side of the ball (like Petrino, Spurrier, et al), they should let the coordinator they hired to do a job do the damn job. If you don't like the way they do the job, replace them. But don't meddle constantly then let them take the fall for you being a micromanaging idiot.

You folks on the Blame CSL Bus can keep riding it if you like easy narratives with no real basis in reality. But getting a new coordinator and keeping the man at the top will not fix our problems. Period. And this comes from so many unrelated sources who know what they are talking about there's no way it's just a theory. It's what's happening, people.

IMO CGC's involvement with the offense is due to the tremendous pressure to be successful. CGC wanted a change in philosophy on our offense, he wants/wanted it to resemble more of what lsu/uat/uga/socarl run on offense, and that's why he allowed (possibly even urged) Gus to move along and take his HUNH/option spread (whatever) offense with him at the end of last year. But with way our defense has performed the last 4 yrs, I'm not so sure CGC needs to be too involved in either offense or defense. Which leaves him in a quandry, because neither unit is playing up to SEC standards, and folks everywhere are finally seeing the true picture of what kind of HC we really have.

Archived