Fans send a message...

GaTigerFan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I left after they put up their 63rd point. Only the 2nd time (2001 iron bowl) I've left early. There were even some A&M folks that left early. I guess when you beat a team that bad it's just boring. There were a lot of Aggies in attendance.

But the students all got together and met the team at practice the other night...

. . . And that's the last warm and fuzzy there will be . . . Kim ba yah in Jacob's office next Wednesday

I think it makes us look bad when we have empty seats and especially when fans exit the stadium, but I get it. I know my daughter was in the stands until the bitter end being a trooper. I will be there next week, but driving 9 hours and paying for two nights in a motel is expensive in the best of times. Watching this season I never thought I would ever see someone make Barfield look like a satisfactory HC. Our players, our school and our fan base deserve better than this and being yound has little to do with this downward spiral.

War Eagle !

I think it makes us look bad when we have empty seats and especially when fans exit the stadium, but I get it. I know my daughter was in the stands until the bitter end being a trooper. I will be there next week, but driving 9 hours and paying for two nights in a motel is expensive in the best of times. Watching this season I never thought I would ever see someone make Barfield look like a satisfactory HC. Our players, our school and our fan base deserve better than this and being yound has little to do with this downward spiral.

War Eagle !

Well said. I planned to make that drive from Charlotte for a couple of games but passed because I don't think I would be able to handle the loosing atmosphere that has encompassed our beloved Auburn. I love and support Auburn but this is UNACCEPTABLE. I cannot justify spending upwards of $500 for weekend of disappointment.

War Eagle !

Well said. I planned to make that drive from Charlotte for a couple of games but passed because I don't think I would be able to handle the loosing atmosphere that has encompassed our beloved Auburn. I love and support Auburn but this is UNACCEPTABLE. I cannot justify spending upwards of $500 for weekend of disappointment.

There are a lot of folks that feel the same way. I was in Auburn yesterday... could've bought tix for as low as $15.... sorry to say I passed too.

Empty stands send to strongest message to the PTB.

War Eagle !

There are a lot of folks that feel the same way. I was in Auburn yesterday... could've bought tix for as low as $15.... sorry to say I passed too.

Empty stands send to strongest message to the PTB.

Yep GaTigerFan

My daughter told me yesterday her roommate got a ticket for $15 ! She said MANY people were trying to dump their tickets. Just very sad to see our program fall so far. I just hope our leadership has it in them to put Auburn first and get it right this time.

War Eagle !

They'd have to pay me to go watch a game this year, and possibly even next year if Chizik is still the coach

Yep I decided when I walked out tonight.. I am done this year. I have tickets to the remainder of the games but I will be damn if I am going to spend another dime on watching this crap this year.

Yup i too have season tickets but there is no way i can drive all the way from Orlando to watch what occurred today, I love Auburn with a passion but it's like watching a relative you love doing heroin and you can't change anything! :Sing:

Same here. I have season tickets and I'm not going to anymore games this year either. It costs me roughly $150 to drive there from Nashville and back, plus food while I'm there. I just refuse to throw that money away to watch a team that isn't even entertaining. For me it is about 30/70 that we're losing (which sucks), but mostly just the fact that we're not even entertaining. Last night's game was just flat out embarrassing.

I like to play poker and when you're in a hand no matter how much money you've put in already, if you know you're losing than you have to fold. Otherwise that's known as chasing bad money with good money. I refuse to throw good money after the bad money I've already lost.

SOME of our coaching staff our very good at what they do. Grimes, Luper, Trooper, Boulware.. all doing great jobs. The first three are some of the best recruiters in the country.

I disagree with Luper but that is because of a personal pet peeve in the fact that a senior running back still can't cut upfield at the right time and often carries the ball in the incorrect arm.

Trooper is hard to judge because of QB play, but why does Emory seem to be the only receiver worth mentioning?

Taylor, Luper and Grimes need to go.....they should have already moved on to be HCs if they are any good. They are overpaid and have stayed too long. And Pelton and Thigpen quite frankly suck. I have been patient and supportive to an extent but we have not gotten better and 4 years in there is no excuse for what we saw last night. The Only position I have seen improvement at has been in the secondary where we have a new assistant replacing veteran starters with freshmen that he has coached to be BETTER.

As much as I hate to say it I was gone at 5 mins left in the 1st quarter

Why do you "hate to say you were gone" ? Oh, another fair waether fan?

Don't go away mad. Just go away and stay away.

Not sure if pun on the weather or not. I left after the halftime show. I was in shorts and a t-shirt because I am a dummy. First game I have left early (but I am young so that isn't really saying much).

And I got destroyed on here the other day for suggesting that people stop attending games. Where are those people now?

i was one that disagreed with you....I don't blame the fans for leaving early after what we saw last night, I just didn't support your idea of "boycotting" the games all together. What happened last night was a complete embarrassment to the team and the entire fan base. I still stand by what I said last week.....you and I should rest assured that there is plenty of change coming.....ESPECIALLY after the game last night. Firings and hirings cant happen fast enough. WDE

I left after first quarter for two reasons:

1) This team didn't have any passion and couldn't stop a roach with a can of raid.

2) It was freezing.

Luckily some guy just handed us four tickets which was nice, so at least I got to see a free flyover.

I can tell you're stupid by your spelling and lack of syntax. But really, are you serious?

Your post is absolutely retarded. Also I wasn't mad because it's been this bad all year so there is nothing to really get mad about anymore. We pay for the tickets and I stood out for an hour to rally the team earlier this week at be auburn for auburn, and this is what we get on saturday? Im sorry,but that was pathetic I rather be in the comforts of my own home and see us get embarrassed instead of getting embarrassed while freezing my ass off, but by your post really showed me what you know.....

You can say fair weather fan all you want, but just because someone doesn't want to watch the team they love get their butts whipped doesn't make them any less of a fan. Im Sorry but people with your type of attitude piss me off

You can say fair weather fan all you want, but just because someone doesn't want to watch the team they love get their butts whipped doesn't make them any less of a fan. Im Sorry but people with your type of attitude piss me off

Well in his defense, the weather wasn't fair. :P

Well in his defense, the weather wasn't fair. :P

Well thats the truth lol the weather, in the words of Charles Barkley, was "Turrible"

I didn't check the forecast and went out with short sleeves. Sitting in the upper deck was a killer.

Exactly where I was! Section 107 Row 30. My dad called and told me friday to prepare like the night game we had against UK in 08 or 09 and it was horrible

Archived