ESPN Quote on AU...

88Tiger

This quote says it all in ESPN's Power 16 rating comment...

"Paper Tigers or championship contender? We'll find out when Auburn hosts Georgia."

That's why UGA is important and what happens to everyone else is irrelevant.

BTW...Did I hear correctly that we will be on the cover on this week's SI...OH NO!!!!!!!!!! Say it ain't so......

ESPN Link

I'm gonna' say something here that might ruffle a few feathers but I honestly think this has turned out to be the weakest schedule I can ever remember AU playing. That is...TO THIS POINT. Once we finish playing UGA, Bama and UT in succession, there will be no argument about the teams we played.

LSU and UT were legit but after that, it's pretty weak. (Note: Not our fault Ole Miss, MSU, Arky and UK suck) The teams we've played have a combined 33-44 record and an OOC schedule that includes La. Monroe, The Citadel and La. Tech is an absolute joke. The positive I see is that we've done to these teams, exactly what a great team should, kick dat a$$. That's why we're #3 in the land. I think this team is as good as any in the country but I'm biased. I'm also a realist and have no problem with people looking at our schedule and having some reservations.

As I said earlier, there will be NO QUESTION after we play our next 3 and it all begins Saturday. If we win out, OU, USC and the rest of the nation can BITE ME. We will be #1.

I dont like the UGA Alum on the cover though I would rather it be us. I do honestly think that the reason we dont see the influx of UGA fans in here is because, we truly detest the other. Like the Bama game but we must either eat crow or rub it in the Bammers face, Ha, Ha. UGA though. But I fully agree that we have played a very down schedule, but, a down year in the SEC is still better than most. I mean look at OU they already know that the challenger in the Big XII championship game will be the team that losses less than 5 games. This best of the one loss teams needs to be put behind UW. The badgers belong behind us the last team they lost to last is um lets see, AAhaaa US LAST SEASON hence the undefeated title. I think the schedules make a difference but, the team makes the schedule 4-5 years ago. I do think the most important thing you said was if we take care of our end that makes the schdule a non-factor. The team must play the games but I sure do hope my rituals up here help them =-).

WAR DAMN EAGLE BEAT THOSE DOGS!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the SI cover...i believe UT was on the cover not to long ago for best place in the nation to be on a football saturday

119587[/snapback]

I thought it was a great place to be a few saturdays back!!! :lol::lol::au:

The current week's cover holds the Red Sox. THe next cover is not us

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online.../2004/1115.html

119849[/snapback]

Thank goodness it's NOT us on the SI cover...Wooo Hoooo!

Maybe the UGA alum on the cover will give them the jinx!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Archived