Will CGM retain Trooper to lock in this class?

dcafd4au

Unless he's been picked up already by somebody and I missed it, Joker Phillips would be a great fit in multiple areas as an assistant on this staff IMO.

Florida snatched him up.

WR Coach/recruiting coordinator

Mikey, you were right. I'm guessing Gus had to have conversations before he was allowed to do that. That move potentially cost us some bank. I could care less, but if you're running the AD and cutting the checks, you probably care more.

Trooper is a great recruiter but him leaving will be great for us in the long run.

for some reason my gut agrees with you!!! Not saying he has done anything wrong but let's face it I want a fresh start far far far away from anything that will cause us anymore division.

why would it be great for trooper to leave? am i missing something? great recruiter,good wr coach and imo brings that it factor to our team. dont get all this hate on tt. where was all this hate 2 years ago? when he turned a 5 star qb into a decent college wr. :dunno::wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

I've had the pleasure to meet Trooper several times.....I will tell you, I KNOW why the players love him. He is absolutely a ball of fire, full of energy, and EXTREMELY approachable. He always was so happy to sit and talk to our son, take pictures, etc and seemed genuinely interested and never acted like we were "bothering" him.

I like Trooper. I hope he stays.

w/ all of the discipline problems we are having, do ya'll might think that its the type of recruits the "BEAST RECRUITER" is recruiting?

So one on another thread rebutted this intelligently with this: There are other schools recruiting these guys too, and they aren't second tier teams.

It's a discipline problem when they get there, not necessarily just the character of the player they are recruiting.

Depending upon how CGM structures his staff, CTT could stay on as Recruiting Coordinator but not have an on the field coaching position. Don't know if CTT would go for this though.

I hope Luper and Taylor are retained. I know it's important for Gus to decide his own staff, but they are such good recruiters. Plus they worked together before so it seems like a no-brainer to me but what do I know.

Depending upon how CGM structures his staff, CTT could stay on as Recruiting Coordinator but not have an on the field coaching position. Don't know if CTT would go for this though.

That's not legal, according to NCAA rules. Recruiters MUST also be on-field coaches.

That's not legal, according to NCAA rules. Recruiters MUST also be on-field coaches.

Troop is gone

Troop is gone

Beat me to it.

What I don't understand is why so many defensive recruits should ultimately care whether Troop stayed or not. He isn't who would be coaching them. I sure hope some of these guys are willing to at least see who Coach Malzahn and Coach Johnson bring in.

What I don't understand is why so many defensive recruits should ultimately care whether Troop stayed or not. He isn't who would be coaching them. I sure hope some of these guys are willing to at least see who Coach Malzahn and Coach Johnson bring in.

If they're not willing to do that they weren't really the kind of kid we need at Auburn anyway. We need kids that want to play for Auburn, who take pride in wearing those blue jerseys, not more primadonnas who want to dictate what is going to happen around them

what appeared to be troopers strong point in recruiting is the same as everyone says about him. he is an incredibly likable and sincere guy. he treats everyone like family and really means it. he is from a huge family and that is just the way he is. i hate we will not be able to make things work with him on staff.

sure would be cool if there was some crazy way to retain him within the program, knowing he could not be an active recruiter. he could still have a dynamic impact inside the building. i believe some guys unofficially "coached" at practices even though they were not part of the official staff.

also would let his son finish out his senior year at auburn next year. would be a cool story ... but aint gonna happen ...

Archived