2013 4* RB/S/ATH Corn Elder (Miami signee)

ellitor

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn't want him anyway right? B) Seriously, best of luck to him. If basketball is his 1st love, then UM seems to be on the rise in that department.

wde

Best of luck to Corn. I'm curious if the impending sanctions weighed at all in his decision.

Sanctions, if any, may be minor in light of the NCAA announcing "suspension" of it's UM investigation due to investigation team, er, fowl ups.

Post-1980s FL law requires every part of any NCAA investigation of any FL college receiving any state funds (read: every college in the state, including privates like UM) to be publicly disclosed, so as if the NCAA wasn't shy about looking into the sunshine state before, this cf will signal UM, FSU & UF alumni to go crazy. May usher in quite a golden age for UM et al.

I sure didn't see Miami coming with Elder. Last I heard he had it down to Auburn, Ga. Tech, Purdue and FSU. Oh well, that gives us a place to put Nick Marshall after he fails to win the QB job. .....now running away from the wrath.....

I sure didn't see Miami coming with Elder. Last I heard he had it down to Auburn, Ga. Tech, Purdue and FSU. Oh well, that gives us a place to put Nick Marshall after he fails to win the QB job. .....now running away from the wrath.....

Put it this way, if Marshall or J Johnson are not ready or good enough to win the QB job, our chances of having a winning season next fall go down greatly.

wde

Put it this way, if Marshall or J Johnson are not ready or good enough to win the QB job, our chances of having a winning season next fall go down greatly.

wde

Oh ye of little faith...

wde

Oh ye of little faith...

KF and JW (who I think gave great effort, worked very hard and was the best QB we had in 2012) need to demonstrate they are a quality SEC caliber QB on the field before I get on their bandwagon. They need to earn some faith that they can be a QB that can have us competing for the SECC. We have seen them play. Of course, Marshall and Johnson have to prove it on the field as well. We will see.

wde

Well, losing this emerging talent is really a blow to the football AND basketball programs. How can you say now that Gus' first recruiting class was a success?

Well, losing this emerging talent is really a blow to the football AND basketball programs. How can you say now that Gus' first recruiting class was a success?

I don't know you could possibly think that it isn't a success. One person isn't gonna make or break any well coached team. Cam may have been the exception to that rule by the way.

I don't know you could possibly think that it isn't a success. One person isn't gonna make or break any well coached team. Cam may have been the exception to that rule by the way.

I was being facetious. Personally, I think Gus ans Co. did a great job.

Archived