2013 4* RB/S/ATH Corn Elder (Miami signee)

ellitor

It's been reported that Corn will not sign on NSD. Do we hold a slot for him?

Mrs. Elder just reported that because they are still receiving offers Corn will not sign on signing day. I say we do not hold a scholly for him IF there is a replacement of similar abilities.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to be clear, there are like 2 replacements of similar abilities. On the other hand, that position isn't a pressing need at the moment. Bray and Reed have potential there. And Grant can surely line up there.

It's been reported that Corn will not sign on NSD. Do we hold a slot for him?

Mrs. Elder just reported that because they are still receiving offers Corn will not sign on signing day. I say we do not hold a scholly for him IF there is a replacement of similar abilities.

I agree. If he can't make up his mind after such a long recruiting process and with the offers he has, he's not 100% sold on AU. If that's the case, good luck to him.

Mrs. Elder just reported that because they are still receiving offers Corn will not sign on signing day.

I don't understand this comment. What kind of "offers"? A scholarship is basically the same anywhere in accordance with what the NCAA allows.

A kid this good, if he has a favorite school that he has not heard from all he would have to do is place a phone call and he would probably have an "offer" in about a minute.

So what is anyone waiting on?

Mrs. Elder just reported that because they are still receiving offers Corn will not sign on signing day.

I don't understand this comment. What kind of "offers"? A scholarship is basically the same anywhere in accordance with what the NCAA allows.

A kid this good, if he has a favorite school that he has not heard from all he would have to do is place a phone call and he would probably have an "offer" in about a minute.

So what is anyone waiting on?

He has the Purdue basketball option and has not visited there. Thoughts are he will take a visit to Purdue and then sign.

Just some optimism here but maybe he wants to go to Auburn but we told him we'll have to wait and see if we have room for him first. War Eagle

No, he's had a solid, comittable offer for weeks now.

Still don't understand the "receiving offers". This kid can get an "offer" anywhere he wants, not like he has to sit and wait..whether it's BB or FB...though I guess in the past we have had some recruits fail to show when they decided to play baseball.

Oh well, this entire recruiting process ...and I'm not talking about CE's, just smells....all the dignity of a cattle auction...except in this case, the cows are conducting the auction.

I sure liked this kid's video....I see now there is no chance if he wants to be a BB star also.(shoot low) :bananadance:

Just a reminder. NSD is the first day a kid CAN sign his LOI. Once he signs that letter he is bound to that university, so if he is not ready then by all means take time and make sure that it is what is best for him.

I can totally understand why this particular recruit is going to wait. Just think about it he finished football and immediately jumped into basketball. That doesn't lead to much time to be touring campuses and what not.

Heck when I was in school my football coach wouldn't let us miss film session on Sat. to visit schools. Then in basketball season if you missed a practice you didn't play in the game. Not that any of that affected me, but I did have friends that weren't able to go to college games on Sat. because of this rule.

Just a reminder. NSD is the first day a kid CAN sign his LOI. Once he signs that letter he is bound to that university, so if he is not ready then by all means take time and make sure that it is what is best for him.

I can totally understand why this particular recruit is going to wait. Just think about it he finished football and immediately jumped into basketball. That doesn't lead to much time to be touring campuses and what not.

Heck when I was in school my football coach wouldn't let us miss film session on Sat. to visit schools. Then in basketball season if you missed a practice you didn't play in the game. Not that any of that affected me, but I did have friends that weren't able to go to college games on Sat. because of this rule.

True, but he may get locked out from a few schools that fill up their spots. I guess by process of elimination that will help make his decision...

Good point. The kid must be conflicted but for his sake. Hope there's a spot left for him at the school of his choice when he's ready to sign. I hope it's AU....

I think he is a very talented kid. I hope,he considers us. I am not sure when he will sign with someone.......

Archived