2013 4* RB/S/ATH Corn Elder (Miami signee)

ellitor

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corn has given out interviews to the paid sites. Lead in was from Corn.... "They're definitely up there"

He met with both the football and basketball coaches. He liked Auburn both football and basketball coaches.

Good. Our basketball team could really use the help. And his scholarship would be a football scholarship, even. :jossun:

Free from BM

He met with both the football and basketball during the visit. He said he liked Auburn and the school and both coaching staffs. He said Auburn was "up there" on his list and didn't list any current favorites. He plans to visit Georgia Tech this weekend and probably have a decision on Signing Day. Elder said he'd likely sign a football scholarship.

He gave pretty generic cookie cutter type answers on his visit. Bryan Matthews saying he is hard to read and has no idea where he is leaning. Ohio State is my guess.

FWIW 247 analyst Barton Simmons knows Elder descently well and feels Auburn has a real shot here. Auburn does have an advantage over the Suckeyes. They only want him for Football while Auburn wants him for football and basketball.

I like what Barton Simmons said about the type of competitor he is. He will have won six (6) state championships in football and basketball if they win b'ball title this year. That is pretty good numbers and he could make Treadwell look like the amateur in a "Bling" photo contest! I know he doesn't face the competition in TN that he would in other states but that is amazing. "He is all about the next contest" is how he put it.

I like what Barton Simmons said about the type of competitor he is. He will have won six (6) state championships in football and basketball if they win b'ball title this year. That is pretty good numbers and he could make Treadwell look like the amateur in a "Bling" photo contest! I know he doesn't face the competition in TN that he would in other states but that is amazing. "He is all about the next contest" is how he put it.

This was my feeling about Cam before he came to the plains. Winning in the big games is a habit.

I'm not sure Corn is a lean to AU. He is not even sure he will play football. If he does, it will be a school that allows him to do both. I doubt we know by NSD his intent.

I say we get Ford and Corn to race a 40 yard dash, winner gets a scholly!

Well if Corn loses he could just take the BBall scholly.

Did we actually get any information about how his visit went? If he's a silent to us, it would explain many of the insinuations being made over in the Johnathan Ford thread. TIA

Archived