2013 4* RB/S/ATH Corn Elder (Miami signee)

ellitor

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have got to get this kid!!! What a talent he will be. Speed to burn and ,awesome vision,moves.....College weight will move up to 175-180 which will be good for his body type.

It appears that only a football scholly is counted if a player plays both football & Basketball:

Rules for multi-sport athletes

The NCAA also has rules specifying the sport in which multi-sport athletes are to be counted, with the basic rules being:[25]

• Anyone who participates in football is counted in that sport, even if he does not receive financial aid from the football program. An exception exists for players at non-scholarship FCS programs who receive aid in another sport.[26]
  • Participants in basketball are counted in that sport, unless they also play football.
  • Participants in men's ice hockey are counted in that sport, unless they also play football or basketball.
  • Participants in both men's swimming and diving and men's water polo are counted in swimming and diving, unless they count in football or basketball.
  • Participants in women's volleyball are counted in that sport unless they also play basketball.
  • All other multi-sport athletes are counted in whichever sport the school chooses.

That is a Bear Bryant rule if I ever saw one. He was notorious for this.

That is the exact reason for this rule.

So we can load up on baseball players if we have them count towards ice hockey?

There's no way we'd take him, Folston and Ford, though. Something's gotta give.

Gus would take all three in an heart beat.

Worst case one of them moves to CB, and at their level they will probably excel there.

Can someone play football with a basketball scholarship? Or the other way around?

Just counts as a football scholly...

Bruce Ellington at USCe - football scholarship player / considered a walk-on for basketball.

Football programs are the greediest of the bunch and most likely to try to :homer:add depth through other sports programs if the rule wasn't in place.That's why another poster referred to it as the "Bear Bryant" rule...he would use every advantage available and this was one way he did it before the NCAA changed the rules. If they play football, it counts for football no matter what other sports the athlete plays. Basketball is next in the greed hierarchy. If you play hoops, you count as a hoops scholly regardless of whether you play other sports except football...and on down the list.

As far as using hockey schollies for baseball :idea: ......oh never-mind :homer:

There's no way we'd take him, Folston and Ford, though. Something's gotta give.

Gus would take all three in an heart beat.

Wow! I did not realize that. I expected it to be more of a first come, first serve for the first two of three guys.

I believe we take Elder, Folston, and Ford if possible. With Blakely leaving the team that opens up a spot and a scholly.

that's just crazy. making a visit, and wow. look who i bumped in to. go figure. so glad he's back on campus as a student.

that's just crazy. making a visit, and wow. look who i bumped in to. go figure. so glad he's back on campus as a student.

I agree. I'm hoping Cam will be around this weekend. It would go a long way in selling AU. Cam is a legend to these guys.

Do you guys think gus will bring Cam in this weekend to hangout with all the players on OV's?

I don't believe he can be there in a formal capacity. But if he were to just "show up" I think that's different.

Guess Corn "bumped" into Cam. I know one thing, Corn looks pretty small next to Cam.

Corn Elder@AIR_CORN23

Chillin with my dude Cam though!! http://instagr.am/p/VIas6Yymfb/

Man, ain't the world full of coincidences? ;D

Do you guys think gus will bring Cam in this weekend to hangout with all the players on OV's?

I don't believe he can be there in a formal capacity. But if he were to just "show up" I think that's different.

Huh, I didn't know that. Since Cam is a student at AU, could that change what he can do though?

Huh, I didn't know that. Since Cam is a student at AU, could that change what he can do though?

Only coaches can recruit. I forgot Cam was a student again though. Don't see anything wrong with Cam just "bumping" into recruits on campus though.

Archived