2013 4* RB/S/ATH Corn Elder (Miami signee)

ellitor

I think Mason can be a dangerous receiver. He just didn't get the opportunity last year due to play calling and the presence of Onterio McCalebb.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is our top target recruit at speed back position? This is the guy I want. Can't seem to get an OV out of him, however.

I believe Johnathan Ford is the other back we are still looking at for the OMac role.

Who is our top target recruit at speed back position? This is the guy I want. Can't seem to get an OV out of him, however.

I believe Johnathan Ford is the other back we are still looking at for the OMac role.

if Ford does not commit Auburn will turn the heat up on trying to get Corn to OV next weekend.

if Ford does not commit Auburn will turn the heat up on trying to get Corn to OV next weekend.

Thx!

He received his biggest hoops offer to date from Purdue...I think this will probably change things for him. He seems to like basketball more than football even though his football offer list is better.

He received his biggest hoops offer to date from Purdue...I think this will probably change things for him. He seems to like basketball more than football even though his football offer list is better.

FWIW this free from BMatt

BM - has Auburn offered to let Corn Elder play basketball too?

Yes

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that it counts as an athletic scholarship, which will be counted for both sports if he plays both. he will count against our 25/85 limit as well as basketballs 13 (I think....).

I've seen this kid play football as Ensworth is a private school here in Nashville. He is a phenomenal athlete and from everything I've heard a good kid too. If AU could get him to be a dual sport athlete that would be awesome!!

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that it counts as an athletic scholarship, which will be counted for both sports if he plays both. he will count against our 25/85 limit as well as basketballs 13 (I think....).

So one kid counts against two sports? That stinks if that is true.

Yes for football. not sure on Basketball. If De'Runnya came to Auburn for football it was said he would walk on for basketball.

Yes for football. not sure on Basketball. If De'Runnya came to Auburn for football it was said he would walk on for basketball.

That's very interesting if true. Seems like a lot of teams would be grabbing up football players to increase team numbers past 13... at the very least they could help with practices by providing more athletic bodies to play against...

It appears that only a football scholly is counted if a player plays both football & Basketball:

Rules for multi-sport athletes

The NCAA also has rules specifying the sport in which multi-sport athletes are to be counted, with the basic rules being:[25]

• Anyone who participates in football is counted in that sport, even if he does not receive financial aid from the football program. An exception exists for players at non-scholarship FCS programs who receive aid in another sport.[26]
  • Participants in basketball are counted in that sport, unless they also play football.
  • Participants in men's ice hockey are counted in that sport, unless they also play football or basketball.
  • Participants in both men's swimming and diving and men's water polo are counted in swimming and diving, unless they count in football or basketball.
  • Participants in women's volleyball are counted in that sport unless they also play basketball.
  • All other multi-sport athletes are counted in whichever sport the school chooses.

It appears that only a football scholly is counted if a player plays both football & Basketball:

The NCAA also has rules specifying the sport in which multi-sport athletes are to be counted, with the basic rules being:[25]

• Anyone who participates in football is counted in that sport, even if he does not receive financial aid from the football program. An exception exists for players at non-scholarship FCS programs who receive aid in another sport.[26]
  • Participants in basketball are counted in that sport, unless they also play football.
  • Participants in men's ice hockey are counted in that sport, unless they also play football or basketball.
  • Participants in both men's swimming and diving and men's water polo are counted in swimming and diving, unless they count in football or basketball.
  • Participants in women's volleyball are counted in that sport unless they also play basketball.
  • All other multi-sport athletes are counted in whichever sport the school chooses.

That is a Bear Bryant rule if I ever saw one. He was notorious for this.

That is a Bear Bryant rule if I ever saw one. He was notorious for this.

That is the exact reason for this rule.

Archived