Fox 6 bama bias

juscAUse

Just watched the news on Fox 6 out of B'ham. Ole Sheldon let everybody know that Kirby and several bama assistants were at the Ala-Miss all star game. My first thought was "how can AU not have anybody there?". My second thought was to research it. It took me less than a minute to discover that AU DID have three coaches there-the exact number bama had. But you won't know it by watching Fox 6 and Mr Haygood. I know,I know,I'm a conspiracy nut and it was just another in a long list of "oversights".

But these oversights are cumulative,and all negative towards AU,even if by omission. It's getting very old.

:wareagle:

Every sports reporter in the Bham market is a bammer. The only Auburn news reported these days is when a player decommits or somethng else negative towards Auburn happens. I'm sick of them all.

Every sports reporter in the Bham market is a bammer. The only Auburn news reported these days is when a player decommits or somethng else negative towards Auburn happens. I'm sick of them all.

We're all sick of it,at least us old guys that have lived it are tired of it. What should Auburn University do about it?

We're all sick of it,at least us old guys that have lived it are tired of it. What should Auburn University do about it?

There is nothing AU can do. These stations can hire whoever they want to hire and they can report whatever they want to report. Although, I am sick of it, I just let it roll off now. It's been this way for years and won't change.

Just now, on NBC13, the goofy new guy leads his sports segment with AU offering the QB coaching job to a SC high school coach and him turning it down to stay at the high school. THE LEAD STORY? I don't think so.

Look at what happened when the Birmingham News ran story after story about Auburn a little while back. There was an uproar of biblical proportions from the bammers. If they did more or equal stories on AU as they do on bammer, the phone lines at those stations would be burning up with complaint after complaint. They are just doing what they know will keep the peace.

Birmingham,Alabama "THE FOOTBALL CAPITAL OF THE SOUTH", do they still have that posted anywhere at legendary (old, outdated, dump) legion field since they no longer have an upper deck.

The homebase of pawwwww finebaum, the all knowing expert on football in the state of Alabama, to hear BSPN tell it.

I feel sorry for Ole Miss, they deserve better than a bowl game at that stadium.

Having lived out of the state of Alabama for the last 30 years I do not miss one bit hearing the CRAP that comes from the alabama sports writers, broadcasters. They were BEAR worshipers years ago and they havn't changed one bit, only their names have been changed.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

I hate Alabama but it makes sense from a PR perspective. Damn folks, people like winners. I hate to freaking lose. As soon as Gus gets us back on top it will be about that time that fences will be placed over all overpasses in Alabama. Why, because the day will come when Satan decides to step down or leave and Gumps will be jumping from them...be patient.

Or...just kicking their A$$

THAT will take care of the media bias. All AU has to do is kick that arse, do it regularly and AU/Gus will be the Kings of college football. The media attention will be epic, because Gus will be the man that de-throwned the great Saban and he will have single handedly taken the UAT program down to the cellar. AU will be the victors, Gus will have done what other coaching greats like, Les Miles/Urban Meyer/Steve Spurrier/Mark Richt/Joe Pa/Mack Brown/Bobby Petrino weren't able to do. WOO HOO!!!!!

Ok, my dream is over now ~~~~~ :Sing:

The local TV stations in Bham have regional coverage due to advertising/fcc dividing lines between markets. Tuscaloosa is in the viewing market of Bham so they do alot of even local news reporting about Tuscaloosa and Anniston to show they are covering these markets. It is business to them....but then Haygood/Dunaway are pro bammers. Fox 6 is about ratings with groovy see my new chin Rick Carly and see my ears Finebaum. Haygood hosts one of the bama sports show and Dunaway used to do the Saban show. They sell what sells ratings.

Not a word about this on any of the Crimson Tide's networks this afternoon! Things that make you go hmm...

McNeil makes the switch premium.gif

1082792.jpg

Josh McNeil

By John Garcia Jr.

Recruiting Analyst

Date: Dec 20, 2012

Josh McNeil made a quiet official visit to LSU recently, and it led to him flipping his commitment to the Tigers from Alabama.

I hate Alabama but it makes sense from a PR perspective. Damn folks, people like winners.

Right...

Because they showed so much "love" for Cam Newton & his Daddy back in 2010 when we were winning? :-\

May be true BroJM, but he sure reports like the rest of the bammers. They all seem to lean towards uat. Of course, uat is in this TV market and Auburn is in the Montgomery / Columbus market.

I hate Alabama but it makes sense from a PR perspective. Damn folks, people like winners.

Right...

Because they showed so much "love" for Cam Newton & his Daddy back in 2010 when we were winning? :-\

Some people will never see. I was one of those for years,but I was also alive during the Tubs era. Nothing changed in Birmingham. Auburn only wins when bama is down,unless they cheat. Like with Cam. If you can't see that,you don't want to see.

Having lived out of the state of Alabama for the last 30 years I do not miss one bit hearing the CRAP that comes from the alabama sports writers, broadcasters. They were BEAR worshipers years ago and they havn't changed one bit, only their names have been changed.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

^^^^^This! I've only lived out of the state of Alabama for just over 1 month and it's great not hearing one thing about Bama except the hype on ESPN for the BCSNC Game. I've yet to even see anyone sporting any BAMMER crap. So nice. :jossun:

No doubt that Fox 6 has a bammer bias overall.But Haygood is one of the good guys...His kids wear Auburn gear and his wife is an AU grad.

No doubt that Fox 6 has a bammer bias overall.But Haygood is one of the good guys...His kids wear Auburn gear and his wife is an AU grad.

I have been corrected,his wife is an AUM grad.

One SURE way to know if AU won or lost the days game?

IF AU loses,

first story on NEWS broadcast.

IF AU wins, LAST story in sports segment.

Go ahead.....give it a try....Works every single time...........

Archived