2013 3* OL Eric Smith (Virginia signee)

GATIGER14

Word from Georgia is Auburn came to see another Offensive Lineman as well last week. Eric Smith a 6'6 tackle out of atlanta. He is a sleeper I suppose but has offers from Arkansas, Virginia, Kentucky, and UNC. Kid looks like a player on film. Did some research and found out that we are also recruiting his teamate 2014 Guard Terrance Prescod.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1183540/highlights/11629374

Word from Georgia is Auburn came to see another Offensive Lineman as well last week. Eric Smith a 6'6 tackle out of atlanta. He is a sleeper I suppose but has offers from Arkansas, Virginia, Kentucky, and UNC. Kid looks like a player on film. Did some research and found out that we are also recruiting his teamate 2014 Guard Terrance Prescod.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1183540/highlights/11629374

Any leader been announced?

http://www.hudl.com/...lights/11629374

Any leader been announced?

No clue.

EDIT: He UOVed last year for the Florida game and there was this blurb from a camp last year.

COLUMBIA LINEMEN DOMINATE: Auburn’s team camp also included offensive and defensive linemen and the big guys from Columbia High School in Decatur, Ga., put together a dominating two days.

Terronne Prescod, a 2014 prospect, won the offensive line MVP award, just beating out his teammate,Eric Smith.

“The Auburn camp was very competitive,” Prescod said. “I learned a lot of new stuff and I’m going to try to apply it to everyday life and football.

“I really like Auburn. I would like to come here one day and play for them.”

Both had an opportunity to work with Auburn offensive line coach Jeff Grimes.

“Coach Grimes came to many of our drills because I believe our school showed out. He critiqued our techniques and said we did good,” Smith said. “I had a great experience here at Auburn.”

AJC College Sports Recruiting

Georgia OL Eric Smith commits to Virginia

6:00 pm December 20, 2012, by Michael Carvell

Columbia High School offensive tackle Eric Smith said he committed to Virginia on Friday.

The 6-foot-6, 275-pounder said he picked Virginia over offers from North Carolina, Wake Forest, Florida International, Alabama State, Georgia State and Jacksonville State, among others.

“It was just the overall feeling I got from the coaches, the football program and academics at Virginia,” Smith told the AJC.

Smith was on the radar with a lot of teams, making unofficial visits to North Carolina, Auburn, Georgia and Jacksonville State. He decided to go ahead and commit without taking any official visits.

“The pressure was on me; they (Virginia) didn’t pressure me, though,” Smith said. “The fact is that time was winding down. I knew my spot could be filled by another athlete. I felt like I might as well commit because Virginia was the school I liked the most and had the best vibe about.”

Smith, who is the starting center for Columbia’s basketball team, has a 3.2 GPA.

Wow. Still think we have a chance especially now that we have an O-Line coach. Dont think this one is over yet. We need at least 2 more athletic lineman and this guy fits the mold. Gus is just getting started. It is going to be a lot of sad Georgia fans soon.

Wow. Still think we have a chance especially now that we have an O-Line coach. Dont think this one is over yet. We need at least 2 more athletic lineman and this guy fits the mold. Gus is just getting started. It is going to be a lot of sad Georgia fans soon.

He did not have an Auburn offer and not sure he will get one.

He did have an offer from Arkansas State however. Go figure! Alot of kids who did have Auburn offers under the old staff have been told to look other places. Not to mention we are just getting an Offensive and Defensive Line Coach. Malzahn and his staff probably want to recruit their own players as the entire offense and defense is going to change.

He did have an offer from Arkansas State however. Go figure! Alot of kids who did have Auburn offers under the old staff have been told to look other places. Not to mention we are just getting an Offensive and Defensive Line Coach. Malzahn and his staff probably want to recruit their own players as the entire offense and defense is going to change.

I think that is too much of a generalized statement. The new staff has only stopped recruiting 5 players the previous staff recruited, 3 on offense and 2 on D. The 2 on d are both DBs. With Coach Cheese I expect our DB class to be better than it was looking to be.

I believe the old staff focused on stars entirely to much. We had two of the top ranked recruiting classes following the years after Cam. No production on the field. I know other factors went into that but Its no such thing as being young in college football anymore.

Archived