Chris Jones

AubTigers

i heard he isn't coming to auburn this weekend, is that true? i wish we could get this guy, he is gong to be a huge pickup IMO wherever he goes. he should be a top 5 recruit in the country.

He is on 247, but I think he goes to Ole Miss, cause something is apparently drawing the big dawgs there.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

247 states that Chris Jones is on an OV today in Auburn, can anyone confirm?

No. They just have not removed him from the Auburn OV list, He announced a couple days ago Auburn is out and he is choosing between Ole Miss and Miss. St.

i heard he isn't coming to auburn this weekend, is that true? i wish we could get this guy, he is gong to be a huge pickup IMO wherever he goes. he should be a top 5 recruit in the country.

He is on 247, but I think he goes to Ole Miss, cause something is apparently drawing the big dawgs there.

yeah i think ole miss will be a good team next year, but i wish we could have got him just a little late

I grew up in Starkville. My natural bent is to pull for State, but I went to law school with people from Jackson/Ole Miss grads. I like them all so I've had a soft spot for Ole Siss lately. That Rebel fanbase is beaten down. I don't think they're impatient at all. Every person I spoke with in Oxford (after they railed us) was just elated that they weren't awful. I really think they're still think they've got two more years of "good gosh, we're playing in a bowl" relief ahead of them. Beyond that, not a lot of expectations in Oxford.

According to the two Ole Miss alumni I call good friends that happen to also be involved boosters there are. Maybe it's just those two. :rolleyes:

Dang Ole Mi$$ i$ doing a great job recruiting thi$ year

I kid....

Everyone outside of Ole Miss fans thinks something is up with their recruiting this year. It is crazy to think they could end up with the #1 class. How can this happen?

I kid....

Everyone outside of Ole Miss fans thinks something is up with their recruiting this year. It is crazy to think they could end up with the #1 class. How can this happen?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes?

A bunch of recruits this year were really inspired by the movie "Blind Side"?

Sandra Bullock offered to invite every commit into her home?

"Rebelious Black Bear" is really catching on with todays youth?

I'm out of ideas

I kid....

Everyone outside of Ole Miss fans thinks something is up with their recruiting this year. It is crazy th think they could end up with the #1 class. How can this happen?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes?

A bunch of recruits this year were really inspired by the movie "Blind Side"?

Sandra Bullock offered to invite every commit into her home?

"Rebelious Black Bear" is really catching on with todays youth?

I'm out of ideas

$$$$$$$

Somebody reported on this recently. Apparently the Nkemdiche who's already on the roster is an extremely charismatic kid. Robert's gravitation toward Ole Miss has inspired other kids. And the players at Ole Miss are extremely happy with their coaching staff.

It's a reach, sure. Ole Miss rarely wins, has a smaller stadium and less exposure, and so forth. But it's a nice place. Great facilities, I hear. And people are excited. It's conceivable. UCLA is doing nearly the same thing.

As for campuses and college towns, Ole Miss and Oxford are great. The pagentry and tradition are both very Old South though. It seems like the whole rebel flag thing must have died down. It must not be an issue anymore.

Sorry, campus my rear. Ole Miss is the biggest racist school in the NCAA and also the doormat of the SEC. NO WAY they even come close to a class like this without some major cheating going on.

The NCAA will hammer them before long.

Okay this is exactly what people were saying about Auburn in 2010 when were in the top 3 in recruiting after many years of subpar recruiting. So its stupid to say Ole Miss must be cheating because they dont normally do this good. All it takes is a charismatic coach, early playing time, an exciting offense, and a good conference to play in. Auburn in 2010 had those things and now Ole Miss has them.

Okay this is exactly what people were saying about Auburn in 2010 when were in the top 3 in recruiting after many years of subpar recruiting. So its stupid to say Ole Miss must be cheating because they dont normally do this good. All it takes is a charismatic coach, early playing time, an exciting offense, and a good conference to play in. Auburn in 2010 had those things and now Ole Miss has them.

I understand your point but still have to disagree with this. Ole Miss has no winning tradition, is in the middle of nowhere (not close to Atlanta like AU), and is coming off a 6-6 regular season with zero quality wins.

If they were just getting Nkemdiche and a couple of other stars I could understand it. But the potential for a #1 overall class? That is very suspicious.

I understand your point but still have to disagree with this. Ole Miss has no winning tradition, is in the middle of nowhere (not close to Atlanta like AU), and is coming off a 6-6 regular season with zero quality wins.

If they were just getting Nkemdiche and a couple of other stars I could understand it. But the potential for a #1 overall class? That is very suspicious.

Okay I dont mean to argue with you but Ole Miss shoulda beat LSU, did decent against Alabama, beat MooSt, and beat us (even though we were down it still Auburn). That made recruits optimistic because it was Freeze's first year. Remember Chiz's first year we almost beat Alabama and it made us optimistic since that was only his first year???

Also most of Ole Miss' biggest recruits are from Mississippi. And this a good year for 5 stars in Mississippi. Its hard for alot of players to pass on your in state school (they were up against MooSt lol). Remember Clowney choosin South Carolina over Alabama? And robert nkemdiche has a brother on the team so that explains him.

Next year if they have this good of a class, then I'll believe they pay to get players

[quote name=AUfanaticAU'

timestamp='1359785008' post='1805935]

Okay I dont mean to argue with you but Ole Miss shoulda beat LSU, did decent against Alabama, beat MooSt, and beat us (even though we were down it still Auburn). That made recruits optimistic because it was Freeze's first year. Remember Chiz's first year we almost beat Alabama and it made us optimistic since that was only his first year???

Also most of Ole Miss' biggest recruits are from Mississippi. And this a good year for 5 stars in Mississippi. Its hard for alot of players to pass on your in state school (they were up against MooSt lol). Remember Clowney choosin South Carolina over Alabama? And robert nkemdiche has a brother on the team so that explains him.

Next year if they have this good of a class, then I'll believe they pay to get players

6-6 is 6-6. Ole miss pulling such a strong class raises eye brows. Of course, the hay is not in the barn yet.

Big difference between a top 12 national program and a team that outside of having the Manning's at QB aint won jack **** Ya'll remember that pic LeQuan Treadwell tweeted with his hand on all those $100 bills right after his Ole Miss OV and then took down? Now that's what's up.

Wasn't there a small stink about photos of Dakota Moseley and Lemonier on facebook doing a smilar pose?

First I heard of it.

Wasn't there a small stink about photos of Dakota Moseley and Lemonier on facebook doing a smilar pose?

dakota yes

lemonier was in the corvette and holding a rifle/shotgun

fwiw the dirty truth is everything many people accuse other schools of is happening at their own.

I would not besmirch Ole Miss because they may pull a great class. Anyone who does, should be ashamed of themselves and have poor memories of what Auburn has gone through in the press. ("There's no way a football player would choose Auburn over Alabama...they have to be doing something dirty." Etc.)

Sorry. My mind is too logical. Auburn is a Top 12 school and should recruit well. Ole Miss has done virtually nothing in Football. It would be believable that it was great recruiting if it progressed over time but to do it over night like they are, and coming out of nowhere for guys like Tunsil and Golson in the last minute plus getting as many as 7 five star players, is just very fishy. I mean that's USC type numbers. That has never happened to a mediocre program before. With all that said however I have no hard feelings and wish them well. As Chizik proved it does not matter if you get those top notch players if you do not develop them so this insane class insure Ole Miss nothing.

Archived