Chris Jones

AubTigers

Steve Robertson@ScoutSteveR

Add Auburn to the list of new schools who have offered Scout National 100 DE Chris Jones of Houston, MS.

Retweeted by Jason Caldwell

I know there's another topic on him but it's locked so I started this one cause Auburn has offered.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Johnson is in a league with Lawson and Nkemdiche among the top DE prospects. His size and athletic ability probably gives him the highest ceiling if he can get a good DLine coach to teach him skills.

No one has provided any evidence other than very flaky rumors that he is anything but solid in his pledge to MSU

why are we just now offering this kid?

Cuz we felt good about our committed DEs before the old staff was let go.

Guest jojo1515

which would imply that we dont feel good about them now?

Who knows....besides, I'm fairly certain that maybe Gus has a different idea about different recruits that the previous staff did. IMHO I believe our recruiting tree would look ALOT different had Gus been here earlier. We are about to witness a massive transformation in Auburn football philosophy. I'm excited as a mofo.

Guest jojo1515

Who knows....besides, I'm fairly certain that maybe Gus has a different idea about different recruits that the previous staff did. IMHO I believe our recruiting tree would look ALOT different had Gus been here earlier. We are about to witness a massive transformation in Auburn football philosophy. I'm excited as a mofo.

While I agree in principle, every philosiphy wants our current DE commits. They are attacking studs. What better to have for an attacking D?

While I agree in principle, every philosiphy wants our current DE commits. They are attacking studs. What better to have for an attacking D?

Maybe CGM and the new defensive staff doesn't see them as studly as we were led to believe by the previous staff and the recruiting services. Or maybe our current DE recruits don't feel they're receiving the attention they deserve. I sense our new staff is more business-like in selling AU than building personal relationships. We'll see.

We felt good about Bower as a 2nd DE to Lawson. Even if you take Lawson out of the equation, most believe TB signs somewhere other than Auburn now. Chris would be a replacement to TB.

Not necesarily. There is another possible explanation that I will not speculate on til more is known.

Not necesarily. There is another possible explanation that I will not speculate on til more is known.

Ellitor, man, you are the master of the teasing message board post.

I have always appreciated your speculation for two reasons:

A. There is always a trail of logic behind it.

2. You always label it as speculation, you don't present it as fact.

The Chris Jones explosion didn't happen until this season really. He was completely under the radar think Shon Coleman 3 star to 5 star. He also was a very solid MSU lock and smart money would still be placed on him to MSU (grew up huge MSU fan). Supposedly for a long time he didn't even give coaches the time of day from other schools.

The Chris Jones explosion didn't happen until this season really. He was completely under the radar think Shon Coleman 3 star to 5 star. He also was a very solid MSU lock and smart money would still be placed on him to MSU (grew up huge MSU fan). Supposedly for a long time he didn't even give coaches the time of day from other schools.

I can't imagine how growing up a huge MSU fan would be. Terribly depressing. It should be outlawed for kids under 18. :/

My roommate's whole family has gone through MSU and his brother is a 6'3 SO QB who just led his team to the state championship game. I asked the brother his dream school if he gets recruited and his response was "Mississippi State BABY!"

Sounds stupid and it is but there are some people whose dream is to go to subpar schools in terms of athletics and academics.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you get alerts about recruits like that?

Search up ESPN CFB on App Store and set Auburn as your favorite teams and should pop up with an alert on news about Auburn. This is Iphone knowledge, no clue about Droids and usually ESPN is late on this kind of stuff but seems they beat out on our Rival boys.

Archived