Chris Jones

AubTigers

Sorry. My mind is too logical. Auburn is a Top 12 school and should recruit well. Ole Miss has done virtually nothing in Football. It would be believable that it was great recruiting if it progressed over time but to do it over night like they are, and coming out of nowhere for guys like Tunsil and Golson in the last minute plus getting as many as 7 five star players, is just very fishy. I mean that's USC type numbers. That has never happened to a mediocre program before. With all that said however I have no hard feelings and wish them well. As Chizik proved it does not matter if you get those top notch players if you do not develop them so this insane class insure Ole Miss nothing.

I'll say this...I live in Birmingham and have had conversations with a few people that used to play ball in the sec and the stories they have told me the last year insinuates that ole miss has boosters that just don't care about cheating...they just want to win. If I'm out of line saying that then my bad but them being on the up and up in just hard to believe and laughable.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I mean about the boosters not caring about cheating is that they will do what's necessary to be relevant.

Not doubting you, but if that were the case wouldn't they have had better classes before this year?

I agree, It is a tough pill to swallow, especially looking at how Ole Miss has been irrelevant for so long. If there doing something wrong it will eventually come out in the wash. Somebody will get mad when they don't get their end o the deal, then they will squeal! We really got to worry about us, and let the crap take care of itself in Ole Miss. JMO

I am shocked with what Ole Miss is doing myself. Freeze can tout building ASU and having an exciting O to attrack some O players, but that does not explain the numerous D players that have shown interest. If we lock it up with OM on a player Freeze can say that Gus won at ASU with HIS players, but Gus can counter with being the driving force for our 2010 NC. I don't know much about their staff, but they may have dynamic personalities like Chizik's staff had. I think we can count on Mullen to sound the alarm in the press whether Ole Miss is cheating or not LOL ! Everyone wants something different, but unless a player is from MS, had family that went to OM or has a real tight father like relationship with an OM staff member, I just don't see a blue chip player chosing OM over Auburn University.

War Eagle ! :wareagle:

I agree, It is a tough pill to swallow, especially looking at how Ole Miss has been irrelevant for so long. If there doing something wrong it will eventually come out in the wash. Somebody will get mad when they don't get their end o the deal, then they will squeal! We really got to worry about us, and let the crap take care of itself in Ole Miss. JMO

Agree 100%.

Too many folks on AU boards seem wrapped up in fnding our opponents guilty of something.

Sounds to me like some of the Bama-envy/jealousy is slipping over toward Ole Miss. I bet OM fans are tickled to death that AU or anyone in the SEC sems worried about their recruiting accomplishments. They are probably happy to be relevant again.

What I mean about the boosters not caring about cheating is that they will do what's necessary to be relevant.

Not doubting you, but if that were the case wouldn't they have had better classes before this year?

Maybe their alumni suddenly care more about football than drinking? :dunno:

I think we should close this thread. It's no longer about Chris Jones. Besides, he's going to Ole Miss.

Maybe their alumni suddenly care more about football than drinking? :dunno:

That would be an insult to Ole Miss alumni -- how dare you insinuate they care more about football than drinking.

:P

Well, Im not so quick to jump on the" they're cheating, they're cheating" band-wagon. If their alumni which has been characterized here as a group that will do anything to be relevant, I have to wonder why they waited so long. It just so happens that things have gone their way this year with a few high profile guys. Using the bamr logic where theres smoke theres got be fire is weak and unbecoming. If they're cheating it wont hold up long but until something more substantial than"theres no way they're signing this class" is brought to light then Im not buying it! I have no problem giving Hugh Freeze some credit for having a vision and being charismatic enough to be good at selling it. I dont care what he's doing to be perfectly honest!

I am shocked with what Ole Miss is doing myself. Freeze can tout building ASU and having an exciting O to attrack some O players, but that does not explain the numerous D players that have shown interest. If we lock it up with OM on a player Freeze can say that Gus won at ASU with HIS players, but Gus can counter with being the driving force for our 2010 NC. I don't know much about their staff, but they may have dynamic personalities like Chizik's staff had. I think we can count on Mullen to sound the alarm in the press whether Ole Miss is cheating or not LOL ! Everyone wants something different, but unless a player is from MS, had family that went to OM or has a real tight father like relationship with an OM staff member, I just don't see a blue chip player chosing OM over Auburn University.

War Eagle ! :wareagle:/>

I agree with everything you said.

The arrogance of so many of you here who trash a school who is finally having some success...it's repulsive. Many of you sound like Alabama fans who swear Auburn has to cheat and pay players to recruit well.

Maybe Ole Miss paid Treadwell. Maybe we paid Cam. Wild speculation, people. Let's quit trashing a program that has been a bottom dweller for years...oh wait, didn't they beat us last year by a wide margin?

And MODS, this is definitely no longer an Auburn recruiting thread. It's best filed under Rivals Recruiting, or When Auburn Fans Become Arrogant Bammer Impersonators.

Gotta agree with AU Counsel. I'm not going there. They have a coach players like and they are capitalizing on it. They could turn around and ask why a team that went 3-9 and with a new coaching staff is right along with them in possibly killing in recruiting this year. Congrats to Ole Miss for stepping it up. The West is going to be brutal for many years.

The arrogance of so many of you here who trash a school who is finally having some success...it's repulsive. Many of you sound like Alabama fans who swear Auburn has to cheat and pay players to recruit well.

Maybe Ole Miss paid Treadwell. Maybe we paid Cam. Wild speculation, people. Let's quit trashing a program that has been a bottom dweller for years...oh wait, didn't they beat us last year by a wide margin?

And MODS, this is definitely no longer an Auburn recruiting thread. It's best filed under Rivals Recruiting, or When Auburn Fans Become Arrogant Bammer Impersonators.

A voice of reason finally! Listen if these kids make decisions based on the logic being purveyed in here you have to ask why any top recruit would go anywhere but Alabama. No other SEC school can come close to matching their winning tradition but A LOT of very high profile guys dont want to go there!

I think you are correct and that it extends beyond just speculating about OM. If I were a recruit or player and read this board, I might play for Aurburn but I would NOT being playing for the fan base. Too many hateful, negative attitudes being projected here. When did being an a-hole become so fashionable? Stop It! Let's be better human beings. Auburn deserves it.

I think we should close this thread. It's no longer about Chris Jones. Besides, he's going to Ole Miss.

Or send it to Rivals Recruiting. Heliminated Auburn a few days ago.

Maybe we paid cam? U got any pictures? I'm sorry guys but seeing is believing, and I know what I saw and I'm not gonna b a blind squirrel just because somebody else don't want to see it! WDE

Maybe we paid cam? U got any pictures? I'm sorry guys but seeing is believing, and I know what I saw and I'm not gonna b a blind squirrel just because somebody else don't want to see it! WDE

So what did you see...some kid's twitter posting showing off to his buddies? Man that's conclusive, not doubt about it. The death penalty for sure.

Meanwhile the number of bammer-sounding a***h**** on this board seems to be increasing....where are they coming from?

Archived