Chris Jones

AubTigers

i guess ... just for fun ... we should mosey over to the boards of the rival schools as their commited/lock recruits start visiting auburn and see if they are having come-a-parts like folks around here do ... as a matter of fact, i will let others do it and post some delicious rantings by the rival fans ...

msu fans should be going ballistic about this guy visiting us ...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of our courtship of La'el Collins. It may pan out, and is worth the effort, but expectations should be tempered.

lol that is exactly what I thought when I read this

Article from 1/23 Tupelo's Daily Journal Good read about Jones.

quotes from article:

Just in the past two weeks, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State and Ole Miss have visited Jones.

He expects Alabama defensive line coach Chris Rumph to visit with him at school today. Jones is fresh off an official visit to Starkville and may go to any of the other three this weekend.

“I’m thinking about it, Auburn or Alabama,” Jones said. “I haven’t just decided on it. I’m still not sure.”

Jones isn’t playing his suitors. Florida planned to come to Houston but he canceled it. According to Scout, Jones also has offers from Southern Miss, Tennessee and USC.

“I wasn’t going to put Florida in that situation, to come out here and waste money when I knew I was never going to play for them,” he said.

The article is good to read to get an idea of who Chris Jones is.

Something you should realize is that MSU is not the only school trying to stop him from visiting AU Feb 1st. Uat does not want him anywhere near us.

If he actually makes it to the AU campus it will be a nice surprise.

having this kid and lawson would be awesome!!!! I really hope that he and lawson get along when they visit on the 1st and maybe talke about playing opposite one another.

Something you should realize is that MSU is not the only school trying to stop him from visiting AU Feb 1st. Uat does not want him anywhere near us.

True.

True.

Quote from article.

"With Alabama and Auburn making fierce late pushes, he’s beginning to see an insider’s view of that rivalry as well."

I remember I started to laugh when scout promoted Bone to a regional assignment. He was not supposed to be biased but he could not help himself. Now he works for Rivals (I think) and he can be himself. His main goal is to push kids to uat and push them away from AU. Questions like "are you sure you want to go there, why are you visiting AU when you could be visiting somewhere else, these other schools (not AU) really seem to want you, etc, etc". Even if uat is no longer recruiting a kid, if that kid is interested in AU, people like Bone will try and steer them to other schools.

If indeed Bone(head) is saying these things to recruits he is basically recruiting for uat, which is a violation. One of these recruits needs to record him or get witnesses and report him to the NCAA.

If indeed Bone(head) is saying these things to recruits he is basically recruiting for uat, which is a violation. One of these recruits needs to record him or get witnesses and report him to the NCAA.

Bone has been doing this for years. There is no "if". This is much more legit than the 10,000 black helicopter conspiracies we try to tie to spuat.

wde

JC Shurburtt ‏@jcshurburtt

RT @JTalty: Chris Jones expects to make a final announcement on TV on National Signing Day. Deciding between MSU and Ole Miss#SigningDay

Well dang. In this case I'm pulling for the bulldogs.

I just cant pull for mullin...I say freeze gets the big man..i hate we came on late. But isn't he going to visit this weekend?

JDubb

I get my dislike for Ol Miss from my Dad - graduated Auburn in 63. But, went to MSU on football scholarship in 57. Played 2 years and quit due to injury. So, we have strong AU household but some MSU pull mixed in.

Yea, but if we can't have him, as much as I dislike mullin, I don't want him paired up with RN!

Yeah, he is going to be a handful all by hisself. If Freeze brings in multiple Top 10 classes the natives will get very restless if he doesn't produce championship opporitunities soon. That fanbase is impatient now. They don't like being a bottom dweller in the SEC West. And with A&M steppin up they are def in a position to be labled as such if they don't make a run sooner rather than later.

I grew up in Starkville. My natural bent is to pull for State, but I went to law school with people from Jackson/Ole Miss grads. I like them all so I've had a soft spot for Ole Siss lately. That Rebel fanbase is beaten down. I don't think they're impatient at all. Every person I spoke with in Oxford (after they railed us) was just elated that they weren't awful. I really think they're still think they've got two more years of "good gosh, we're playing in a bowl" relief ahead of them. Beyond that, not a lot of expectations in Oxford.

Archived