bama players & SWATS

SuperNova

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not this SWATS crap again.

On the two nights before the Jan. 9, 2012, BCS national championship game, a handful of Alabama players in crimson and gray sweats made their way to room 612 in the New Orleans Marriott. A few brought family members, but most arrived in clusters with teammates. They came in search of an edge.

Ummm, New Orleans??

Edit:

Ah yes, last year, sure. Bad read on my part.

This same crap came up when we were in the BCSCG.

@AuburnBloggerRT @CFTalk: SI: Alabama players may have used banned substance before '12 national title wp.me/p14QTT-XhX

I thought I remembered the SWAT name from somewhere.

Yeah, it's a conspiracy I tells ya :poke:

http://www.al.com/sp...supplement.html

I think we need our money back, maybe we got the placebo.

I thought I remembered SWAT from somewhere. This is hilarious that these idiots are still preying on college athletes. IIRC, AU compliance sent them a cease and desist letter and banned any product they sell from our program and players. AU also educated Mr. Holland on distributing such junk.

Yet BSPN has yet to mention any bama players being involved. However, they have mentioned a list of athletes as long as my nose today. I just don't get the fascination BSPN has to sweep all things negative against bama under the rug.

I thought I remembered SWAT from somewhere. This is hilarious that these idiots are still preying on college athletes. IIRC, AU compliance sent them a cease and desist letter and banned any product they sell from our program and players.

Yup, I'll say this, those guys are persistent.

I thought I remembered SWAT from somewhere. This is hilarious that these idiots are still preying on college athletes. IIRC, AU compliance sent them a cease and desist letter and banned any product they sell from our program and players.

Yup, I'll say this, those guys are persistent.

I guess when you're looking to make a buck pushing crap like that, you have to be persistent? Why people fall for that crap is beyond me.

Yet BSPN has yet to mention any bama players being involved. However, they have mentioned a list of athletes as long as my nose today. I just don't get the fascination BSPN has to sweep all things negative against bama under the rug.

Did you really expect them to?

C'mon Man!

C'mon Man!

Cor real...they gave bammer their own special "roll tide" commercial. They aren't gonna push anything against them.

[Likewise, the company embraces the admonishments it receives from athletic departments; they’re evidence of interaction with major-college football teams. “Cease and desist use of all references to Auburn’s football team,” reads a letter from that school’s compliance director. “Refrain from using the institution or its athletes in discussion of your product,” reads one from LSU. (When asked for a comment on their players’ interactions with Key and Ross, Alabama officials said, “We’ve sent them two cease and desist letters, and we are constantly educating our guys on performance-enhancing substances.”)]

Is there nothing that can legally be done to keep these SWAT idiots away from student-athletes?

C'mon Man!

I know. I am like Golf, I forget easily I guess.

[Likewise, the company embraces the admonishments it receives from athletic departments; they’re evidence of interaction with major-college football teams. “Cease and desist use of all references to Auburn’s football team,” reads a letter from that school’s compliance director. “Refrain from using the institution or its athletes in discussion of your product,” reads one from LSU. (When asked for a comment on their players’ interactions with Key and Ross, Alabama officials said, “We’ve sent them two cease and desist letters, and we are constantly educating our guys on performance-enhancing substances.”)]

Is there nothing that can legally be done to keep these SWAT idiots away from student-athletes?

too easy, lol

too easy, lol

We call that "low hanging fruit".

http://www.thepostga...plement-company

These are the same guys that tried to rope our players & team doctors into their snake-oil scheme years ago.

Everybody they've tried to push their crap onto has severed ties with them NFL, MLB, and college programs. They are like a fungus, they try to attached themselves onto any thing they come in contact with.

These are the same guys that are in the NFL news today by supposedly supplying Ray Lewis with Deer Antler Spray which he supposedly used to expedite the healing of his torn tricep. Lewis denies the allegations.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/ray-lewis-denies-using-banned-substance/

“UA has been aware of this situation for some time, and we have monitored this company for several years. They have twice ignored cease and desist letters sent by our compliance office. We have maintained consistent education of our student-athletes regarding the substances in question and will continue to do so.”

Deborah M. Lane

Assistant to the President and Associate Vice President for University Relations

I'll add - these guys are scum snake oil salesmen. They've tried this crap at every SEC school out there. Including Auburn. As much as I'm sure many of you would like to suggest that this is the reason we went back to back, there's really nothing to this. :)

“UA has been aware of this situation for some time, and we have monitored this company for several years. They have twice ignored cease and desist letters sent by our compliance office. We have maintained consistent education of our student-athletes regarding the substances in question and will continue to do so.”

Deborah M. Lane

Assistant to the President and Associate Vice President for University Relations

I'll add - these guys are scum snake oil salesmen. They've tried this crap at every SEC school out there. Including Auburn. As much as I'm sure many of you would like to suggest that this is the reason we went back to back, there's really nothing to this. :)

Saban University players are the size of NFL players. I do believe more will come of this, and a real steroid scam will be shown going on at Saban University. Doesn't take a well trained eye to see how much bigger and stronger they are than everyone else.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/76531/tide-players-listened-to-supplement-pitch

Deborah M. Lane

Saban University players are the size of NFL players. I do believe more will come of this, and a real steroid scam will be shown going on at Saban University. Doesn't take a well trained eye to see how much bigger and stronger they are than everyone else.

http://espn.go.com/b...upplement-pitch

We'll see. Don't hold your breath. But hey, I guess it's easier to say your rival cheats than that they are actually good.

Deborah M. Lane

http://espn.go.com/b...upplement-pitch

We'll see. Don't hold your breath. But hey, I guess it's easier to say your rival cheats than that they are actually good.

Saban U. has ESPN and the SEC on their side to protect that money so no sense in worrying about it.

Archived