2015 3* JUCO OT Devondre Seymour (Georgia signee)

tylerh87

According to several sources he's a lock for JUCO due to grades. I think we're having him in so we'll have a foot in the door two years from now if he handles his school work in JUCO.

According to several sources he's a lock for JUCO due to grades. I think we're having him in so we'll have a foot in the door two years from now if he handles his school work in JUCO.

Makes sense. Funny, living in Atlanta I owuld have thought he would have more press. I have not heard much about him. North Gwinnett is a very good football school.

Not a lock for Juco. Prep school is more possible for him which does not affect the eligibility clock. To the should be UGA lock post one should look deeper and see the connection to dad to UGA was Garner. Garner has an excellent relationship with the Seymours and makes Auburn a threat. The coaches consider Devondre a definite take right now.

Wow, look at this. Seymour dominates Robert Nkiemdiche as North Gwinnett beats Grayson.

http://www.dawgbark.net/blogs/devondre-seymour-dominates-robert-nkiemdiche-1572.html#.UQx_umetqyA

I know grades are a problem, but he needs to be at Auburn.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/409955/devondre-seymour

He's the big RT in this video (number 70). Nkiemdiche is number 1.

This is a RG deal with Richard....good move! Another all pro on campus on the final weekend.

This kid certainly has very good upper body leverage and strength. He could be a bit faster and his footwork could use some help. I am surprised he is a 3 star considering how much he was pushing these kids around. Also, you need to know that North Gwinnett plays in the region that probably has more D1 signees than any other in Ga. So, this competition is good.

He certainly does appear to man handle every DE that comes at him, but then again it is a highlight, so any missed blocks will have been edited.

This kid certainly has very good upper body leverage and strength. He could be a bit faster and his footwork could use some help. I am surprised he is a 3 star considering how much he was pushing these kids around. Also, you need to know that North Gwinnett plays in the region that probably has more D1 signees than any other in Ga. So, this competition is good.

Our church meets at NGHS and one of the church members is pretty prominent in the NGHS AD. I will try to get some scoop tomorrow morning.

wde

Its very telling when ex pro players and coaches are wanting their kids to come to auburn....Fisher, Blake and now Seymour

I wonder how much of his slow footwork comes from just mandhandling his opponents right now. He looks like he doesn't even have to try in most of those highlights.

Does anyone know if he plays anyother sports ? I have not watched film of him but might have an insight if he does.

go to HUDL and watch his highlights 2012 vs Grayson and you will see him block Robert Nimenche (?) Very well in the film

Watched him play Grayson in the playoffs this year. Extremely flexible and very good hand strike are the 2 things that stood out to me. However the other tackle is just a sophomore and was even more impressive. He could be the top player in GA for 2015. I know the DC at N Gwinnett and he speaks highly of the future prospects at that school, Seymour would help us create some in-roads there.

He looks ridiculously strong. I'm guessing that with the right OL coach he could be a dominant player. Right now it just looks like he gets by going about half speed a lot of the time, and that still let's him plant a lot of kids on their rear end, ten yards back.

Spoke to my friend at church who has very close connections to the NGHS AD. According to him, Seymour is a good kid (no character issues), works hard on the field both in practice and in games, but in other areas of his life he needs to put forth more effort (which I interpreted to mean school work since my friend did not say and I did not ask him to since grades are not something that an Admin at a HS should be discussing and my friend has his students' best interest in mind).

wde

ESPN says:

UPDATE: Georgia or Auburn could receive and unexpected commitment tomorrow. Four-star offensive tackle DeVondre Seymour (Suwanee, Ga./North Gwinnett) expects to sign with a team despite academic concerns.

Archived