2014 3* WR/ATH Blaise Taylor (Arkansas State signee)

TitanTiger

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon, we all know what's going on....its a deal...if TT will quit recruiting against AU as some were reporting a few days ago (though if that were true, some of us also figure he did us a favor) but anyway,...the deal is, if AU gives TT's son a scholly, TT will become more friendly to the school. ;D

But on a more serious note, if the past is any indication, kids like BT can thrive in a Gus offense where one of the objectives is to get the ball to a speedy guy like him in the open field. He is on the small side but after watching guys like Sproles and Trenden Holliday play in the NFL, I'm never going to say a guy is too small.

And as for how AU treated TT....whoever made the comment apparently missed out on the fact that about a hundred HCs and assistants lost their jobs after the past season...and that coaching turnover is just part of the deal....and only in rare cases is there anything personal about it. As RF said the other night ..it's just bidness. I'm hoping TT does well and also hope AU is not recruiting against him.

Auburn is a great school and a great place to be a college student. I hope this works out to the satisfaction BT and AU.

Congrats to Blaise on the offer! I have no problem with CGM offering whomever he thinks is the right fit for AU. IMO I don't believe he would have offered Blaise IF his father had done some of the recruiting tactics against AU that some has speculated and accused him of.

I doubt if the offer is or will ever be committable. (Just my opinion I'm probably wrong). Anyway it will dramatically improve BT's stock going into his senior year. And Coach Malzahn should be commended for trying to mend any broken fences with CTT. While Trooper may have been able to keep Liner and Foster in the AU fold, things worked out for the best IMO. Best wishes for young Blaise wherever he ends up.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/125792-blaise-taylor-punt-return-828/

JMO, but I don't think Gus would throw an offer out there JUST to mend fences - if he didn't think Blaise was worth an offer, I don't think he would have given him one. It will be interesting to see how his senior year goes. Another inch or two and a few more pounds and his stock could really take off.

Best of luck to Blaise and his family. I don't think CGM has time for mending fences. He would not have offered if Blaise didn't fit into CGM's plans.

I heard his family has ties to AU...apparently his dad used to work at Auburn in some capacity.

Head Cheerleader? :dunno::wareagle:

No, it was a payin' gig.

haha we've been giving Trooper a hard time around here lately but I personally still love the guy. He brought excitement to the field that we didn't have before and helped us bring in a lot of talent. i know that it didn't end up the way we all wanted it to on the field (including Trooper), but I'm glad that we had him. I hope they don't have any ill will towards AU as a family, because I certainly have none towards them.

If Gus got along so well with Troop then he would still be employed at Auburn.

Unlike our BOT and our AD, maybe Gus actually hires based on things like talent, knowledge, work ethic; rather than if "someone is a nice guy" or "someone's friend"!

Just a thought!

I heard his family has ties to AU...apparently his dad used to work at Auburn in some capacity.

internet rumor.

Ya know how them rumors are.

Trooper Taylor Is a top notch recruiter. I can't say much for his coaching skills but if I were running a program he would be in charge of all things recruiting. He's a good man and knows how to talk to these kids.

Trooper Taylor Is a top notch recruiter. I can't say much for his coaching skills but if I were running a program he would be in charge of all things recruiting. He's a good man and knows how to talk to these kids.

My husband says Auburn should give him the job of being the liason between the AD and the high school coaches. Hmmmm...not a bad idea. I know he is best with the kids themselves, but if he could get coaches to realize we are the best place for their kids to spend their college athletic careers and that Auburn actually CARES about its athletes, I think we'd do really well against the bammers.

That is an interesting suggestion, 3rdgeneration. He brings mixed emotions for me especially in regard to the development of players. But he definitely seemed like a good recruiter, and I think he definitely respected Auburn (and what it stood for) and that he cared about the kids while he was here.

Why do you say that? It's quite possible that Gus thought it best to hire an entirely new staff, just to make a clean break from the problems the previous staff had. Also possible that Troop was fired before Gus was making decisions. Who knows?

Why do you say that? It's quite possible that Gus thought it best to hire an entirely new staff, just to make a clean break from the problems the previous staff had. Also possible that Troop was fired before Gus was making decisions. Who knows?

Also, I dare say that most fans don't understand that, in most cases, it is not as much as an emotional thing for coaches, or players for that matter, as it is for fans (or at least fanatics). If you don't believe me, just watch how fans from the losing team in a big rivalry act after the loss and compare that to the way the players treat each other on the field after the game. For coaches, football is a Job. They know this is part of the job.

These guys were not fired because they are not good coaches/recruiters (otherwise they all would not be working in very good jobs right now) they were fired because they were a part of a staff that, for whatever reasons, did not meet expectations.

We may not like to think of it this way, but if football is Armageddon to the fans, the coaches (and players for the most part) are nothing but hired guns and mercenaries in that battle (In one way or another, selling their services to the highest bidder).

Also, I dare say that most fans don't understand that, in most cases, it is not as much as an emotional thing for coaches, or players for that matter, as it is for fans (or at least fanatics). If you don't believe me, just watch how fans from the losing team in a big rivalry act after the loss and compare that to the way the players treat each other on the field after the game. For coaches, football is a Job. They know this is part of the job.

These guys were not fired because they are not good coaches/recruiters (otherwise they all would not be working in very good jobs right now) they were fired because they were a part of a staff that, for whatever reasons, did not meet expectations.

We may not like to think of it this way, but if football is Armageddon to the fans, the coaches (and players for the most part) are nothing but hired guns and mercenaries in that battle (In one way or another, selling their services to the highest bidder).

I'm afraid you are right. The rabid fan(atics) think that everyone is emotionally involved in the outcome of a game as they are. Coaches in all sports are hired to be fired...it's part of the deal and almost no one takes it personally when they get fired....especially after a season like 2012.

What in the hell does all this have to do with Blaise Taylor ? I get so tired of fishing through countless pages of ego laced drivel to find information pertaining to the OP...........

Archived