2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

Austin Penny predicts LSU as of 7/2

In fact LSU has the prediction edge right now (whatever that means).

Nothing. There has been no positive info LSU's way. Predictions are based on thinking LSU gets the in state kids they want. With BH and his fam not being LSU fans I am not so sure about that.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was thinking the same thing E. We are in a good position with two really outstanding QB's who also seem to be great young men with well above average intelligence and character. Everything is going to be ok. Even when things look pretty good for us, some will find ways to over-think the situation and that usually comes with negative outcomes. All we can do is wait and see and know that whatever happens is how it is supposed to happen.

If Gus was so concerned with getting dual threat QBs, then why is he hoping for a commitment this week from a 15' pro style QB in TQ? Just sayin....

If Gus was so concerned with getting dual threat QBs, then why is he hoping for a commitment this week from a 15' pro style QB in TQ? Just sayin....

Watch his film. Q can run effectively. He is not a pocket passer only.

To me, there is a difference between a pocket passer who has the ability to run versus a dual threat QB who tends to look for the run a little earlier than most. Just my $.02

To me, there is a difference between a pocket passer who has the ability to run versus a dual threat QB who tends to look for the run a little earlier than most. Just my $.02

There is. My point is Q is not a stick in the mud either and runs the option read play affectively.

There is. My point is Q is not a stick in the mud either and runs the option read play affectively.

first of all I swear I'm not directly comparing but TQ has that Tebow threat as in he is thick and will get up field not dance. But throws well (Tebow through pretty good think TQ can be a better passer)

Hey, I've been stuck in June all month too! Don't know why.

Surely just an excited typo on Deshaun's part.

Hey, I've been stuck in June all month too! Don't know why.

Surely just an excited typo on Deshaun's part.

Lol..just making sure I ain't miss nothing...

4_944724.jpg

Brandon Harris, QB

Bossier City, LA (Parkway)

Ht: 6-1.5 to 6'3 | Wt: 183 to 206

Junior Stats: 2,673 pass yds, 26 pass TDS, 7 INTs, 667 rush yards, 12 TDs

When I say rising I mean it. Harris picked up offers from tOSU, TAMU, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Miss St all in the past 2 days.(4 were yesterday) Brandon plans to commit later in the summer. To say he was excited about the Auburn offer would be an understatement. The good news is he had no real leaders til the offers he picked up the last 2 days so don't read too much in the 247 crystal ball predictions til things settle down a bit for Brandon. TIA

Offers: Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Houston, Indiana, Louisiana Tech, LA-Lafayette, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio State and Texas A&M, among others.

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 3*

Harris has one of the strongest arms in the 2014 class. He can make any throw college coaches look for a quarterback to make. He can throw with velocity or touch. He has a great feel in the pocket, he can extend a play with his legs, and he can stick the ball into tight windows. He is a dual-threat QB, but he is a pass first guy who will sit into the pocket. He can still improve his footwork and release. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6695319

I believe Scout updated him to a 4-Star and for some reason the Scout link doesn't work.

They have. The stuff from Scout including their ranking was added in the OP by RIR.

http://www.thetimfletchershow.com/p/fletchcetera.html

Interview with Brandon Harris. Scroll down to the podcast section of the site. I would suggest only listening to part 2...no recruiting talk in part 1. Sounds like a great young man, very smart and well spoken. I get the impression things are looking good for AU. It's still unbelievable to me that AU is so high on his list and he hasn't visited. Says he is visiting tomorrow or Thursday and the visit will obviously play a big part in his decision. Also said him, Cam Sims, Trey Quinn are in touch about schools and the potential of playing together. At this point, I'd be really surprised if he doesn't commit to AU after his visit.

http://www.thetimfle...etchcetera.html

Interview with Brandon Harris. Scroll down to the podcast section of the site. I would suggest only listening to part 2...no recruiting talk in part 1. Sounds like a great young man, very smart and well spoken. I get the impression things are looking good for AU. It's still unbelievable to me that AU is so high on his list and he hasn't visited. Says he is visiting tomorrow or Thursday and the visit will obviously play a big part in his decision. Also said him, Cam Sims, Trey Quinn are in touch about schools and the potential of playing together. At this point, I'd be really surprised if he doesn't commit to AU after his visit.

You are the only one on the Auburn side feeling that confident.

I though you and 23, E, were confident. No?

ETA: Who will be the next QB commit? Harris, White, Queen, or Somebody Else?

Cautiously optimistic is the term I would use for I and 23.

http://www.thetimfle...etchcetera.html

You are the only one on the Auburn side feeling that confident.

I don't have any inside info but I think when you put all the pieces together, I would be surprised if he didn't commit to AU. First of all, no one realistically thinks he will commit to tOSU...so it's between us and LSU. He loves Malzahn/Lashlee (and Cam Newton) so much that he has us in his Top 2 with nine days until his decision and he has never even visited. That's nearly unheard of. I can't think of any recruits who have ever hated their visits to AU...the vast majority rant and rave. Point being his opinion of AU can only go WAY up after his visit. Plus, we have the last "real" visit to close the deal (I realize he may attend an LSU camp). Also, I get the impression he's the kind of kid who wants to do his own thing and is not enamored with the state school. Something else to think about, he was not one of LSU's top QB targets and has kind of turned into a backup plan for them (heck, we offered him before they did). On the flip side, he has been a top priority for us since we offered him. Kids care about that stuff. I don't care what the crystal ball says, when you take it all into consideration, I'd bet on AU.

I don't have any inside info but I think when you put all the pieces together, I would be surprised if he didn't commit to AU. First of all, no one realistically thinks he will commit to tOSU...so it's between us and LSU. He loves Malzahn/Lashlee (and Cam Newton) so much that he has us in his Top 2 with nine days until his decision and he has never even visited. That's nearly unheard of. I can't think of any recruits who have ever hated their visits to AU...the vast majority rant and rave. Point being his opinion of AU can only go WAY up after his visit. Plus, we have the last "real" visit to close the deal (I realize he may attend an LSU camp). Also, I get the impression he's the kind of kid who wants to do his own thing and is not enamored with the state school. Something else to think about, he was not one of LSU's top QB targets and has kind of turned into a backup plan for them (heck, we offered him before they did). On the flip side, he has been a top priority for us since we offered him. Kids care about that stuff. I don't care what the crystal ball says, when you take it all into consideration, I'd bet on AU.

We only have a week up on LSU. We offered May 2nd. They offered May 8th. Harris was LSU's top target the minute they offered. While he was a high taget he was not the top target til after the Watson Drama on BCW.

AU

Then 23 has obviously changed his mind since his last post.

AU

Then 23 has obviously changed his mind since his last post.

No. He and the staff are cautiously optimistic. 23 and I communicate on a regular basis.

Archived