2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

It's not Les talking to him @ LSU. If I'm guessing right, it's Cam Cameron...which DOES carry weight.

Yes it does and right now I'm leaning towards LSU as his choice but we'll see soon.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremy Johnson > BH or SW imho.

That's not a slight against BH or SW because I would be giddy to get either; it's just that I think Jeremy Johnson is going to turn out to be a phenomenal quarterback with NFL size and a top 10 pick IF he does what I think he's capable of doing at AU.

However, I also thought Kiehl Frazier and Kodi Burns were going to set the world on fire as Auburn's quarterback.

It's not Les talking to him @ LSU. If I'm guessing right, it's Cam Cameron...which DOES carry weight.

Yes it does and right now I'm leaning towards LSU as his choice but we'll see soon.

It's hard to pry top prospects out of the pelican state from the clutches of the Bayou Bengal Tigers. Alabama done it recently by getting Landon Collins, who I think was the top player of LA and Auburn nabbed the top player several years ago when Trovon Reed signed, although I realize BH isn't LA's #1 prospect, but I'm sure he's in the top 5.

I think what BH likes about Ohio St. is the "head coach is an offensive guy" and has had an qb led offense that won the Heisman and National Championship.

However, he said, "I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want my dad to be able to come watch me play."

Ohio St. is a long drive from Louisiana.

Who is the only other team out of his 3 finalists whose head coach is an offensive guy and isn't too far of a drive from Louisiana? Also, I believe a HUGE selling point for BH is the fact that his hero Cam Newton was led to win the Heisman and National Championship by 'The Mad Scientist; Gustav Malzahn.

I wouldn't be surprised if BH hasn't received a phone call on his cell from Cammy Cam Cam - I'm sure Cam wouldn't think twice about doing that favor for Gus and AU.

I like Auburn's chances...but I don't want Sean White to feel like he's our #2 option.

I like Auburn's chances...but I don't want Sean White to feel like he's our #2 option.

Yes, I hope we don't end up outsmarting ourselves on this one.

He said he doesn't want to red shirt and play imiditally, i think that clearly isn't the case if he comes here is the LSU QB spot gonna be available next year because if not we are both on the same playing field then.

Yes, I hope we don't end up outsmarting ourselves on this one.

I understand and agree with y'all. However, I would hope that he understands that our coaches may like them both but are giving BH the first nod since they had already been recruiting him long befor SW was an option. Not a knock against him by our staff, just a fact. I realize that they might miss on both by going this route, but that is a mexessary risk taken by all schools in recruiting. It's the nature of the beast. All schools have to deal with that.

I think what BH likes about Ohio St. is the "head coach is an offensive guy" and has had an qb led offense that won the Heisman and National Championship.

However, he said, "I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want my dad to be able to come watch me play."

Who is the only other team out of his 3 finalists whose head coach is an offensive guy and isn't too far of a drive from Louisiana? Also, I believe a HUGE selling point for BH is the fact that his hero Cam Newton was led to win the Heisman and National Championship by 'The Mad Scientist; Gustav Malzahn.

I wouldn't be surprised if BH hasn't received a phone call on his cell from Cammy Cam Cam - I'm sure Cam wouldn't think twice about doing that favor for Gus and AU.

I think we can all agree with Brandon that Ohio State's coach is an offensive guy.

He said he doesn't want to red shirt and play imiditally, i think that clearly isn't the case if he comes here is the LSU QB spot gonna be available next year because if not we are both on the same playing field then.

Punctuation is your friend.

Same Sitch at LSU.

Same Sitch at LSU.

In that case, sounds like he just plans on coming in and winning the starting position.

Cam wouldn't be allowed, per NCAA rules, to recruit for Auburn...but since the NCAA doesn't have any teeth I hope Cam contacts Harris every day.

Cam wouldn't be allowed, per NCAA rules, to recruit for Auburn...but since the NCAA doesn't have any teeth I hope Cam contacts Harris every day.

I am not sure how they are doing it but BH says he has talked to Cam.

If Cam is in student status couldn't he talk to another potential student? I mean it's the same thing when a current student gives campus tours to other potential students or am I just crazy with this sort of reasoning?

If Cam is in student status couldn't he talk to another potential student? I mean it's the same thing when a current student gives campus tours to other potential students or am I just crazy with this sort of reasoning?

When he was a student yes. But Cam will not be enrolled for classes again til next Spring.

When he was a student yes. But Cam will not be enrolled for classes again til next Spring.

So my assumption is that he talked this spring while enrolled. I can't think after all the enemas the NCAA has put us through we'd do something so dumb as just let Cam outright call the dude if it was a violation.

So my assumption is that he talked this spring while enrolled. I can't think after all the enemas the NCAA has put us through we'd do something so dumb as just let Cam outright call the dude if it was a violation.

To be honest, I really don't know all the rules on all that. It is a unique situation.

To be honest, I really don't know all the rules on all that. It is a unique situation.

You can say that again!

IMO if Cam is a student (i.e. he is currently enrolled in classes, meaning Spring semesters until he finishes his degree) he should fall under the same rules as any other student, meaning he should be able to contact recruits. How many students/fans tweet at recruits? This shouldn't be any different. However, the day after his final exam in a class, he should no longer be able to contact recruits, as he wouldn't be enrolled to take any classes, and therefore isn't technically a student any more.

When Cam is not in school, I think BH can initiate a call whenever he wants.

Exactly.

You can say that again!

IMO if Cam is a student (i.e. he is currently enrolled in classes, meaning Spring semesters until he finishes his degree) he should fall under the same rules as any other student, meaning he should be able to contact recruits. How many students/fans tweet at recruits? This shouldn't be any different. However, the day after his final exam in a class, he should no longer be able to contact recruits, as he wouldn't be enrolled to take any classes, and therefore isn't technically a student any more.

Not to split hairs with you, but I believe it's TECHNICALLY a violation for a fan to tweet any potential recruit if that fan has given ANY money to the university at ANY point. Someone feel free to tell me I'm wrong and stupid and don't know what I'm talking about.

You can say that again!

Not to split hairs with you, but I believe it's TECHNICALLY a violation for a fan to tweet any potential recruit if that fan has given ANY money to the university at ANY point. Someone feel free to tell me I'm wrong and stupid and don't know what I'm talking about.

Yup, the NCAA could label you as a booster for that University...and if you're caught recruiting on any media, well then the NCAA could lay the hammer down and tell you to stop it, maybe give you a timeout for an hour a day for a whole week. That'll teach you.

Archived