2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

I just left after reading a couple of LSU forums.... They are sure confident that Mr. Harris signs with them.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just left after reading a couple of LSU forums.... They are sure confident that Mr. Harris signs with them.

.... where his talents will surely be utilized by handing the ball off on every play, in a heisman-like fashion.

.... where his talents will surely be utilized by handing the ball off on every play, in a heisman-like fashion.

What??? You didn't hear??? LSU is switching to a high-power, HUNH offense just for Brandon Harris! They told him to his face, so you have to believe them!!!

What??? You didn't hear??? LSU is switching to a high-power, HUNH offense just for Brandon Harris! They told him to his face, so you have to believe them!!!

It's probably on the internet by now which means they have to make it so!

i would love to get bh imo i think he is stalling for some reason. dont know why and i know this is a very important decession.but what do i know :wareagle:

Not stalling. He has said July 18th was his commit date from day 1.

They also believe that it never rains in Tiger Stadium f23ptl.jpgf23ptl.jpgf23ptl.jpg

3916302452_7346427615.jpg

To be honest, I really don't know all the rules on all that. It is a unique situation.

You can say that again!

IMO if Cam is a student (i.e. he is currently enrolled in classes, meaning Spring semesters until he finishes his degree) he should fall under the same rules as any other student, meaning he should be able to contact recruits. How many students/fans tweet at recruits? This shouldn't be any different. However, the day after his final exam in a class, he should no longer be able to contact recruits, as he wouldn't be enrolled to take any classes, and therefore isn't technically a student any more.

Not to split hairs with you, but I believe it's TECHNICALLY a violation for a fan to tweet any potential recruit if that fan has given ANY money to the university at ANY point. Someone feel free to tell me I'm wrong and stupid and don't know what I'm talking about.

I cringe when I read tweets from Auburn supporters to recruits. The boot licking encourages more recruit showboating, and the negative stuff about other schools is just embarrassing.

Earlier this week Tre WIlliams got a Tweet from a Bama fan asking. "How much is Auburn paying you?" The Bama fan got the reply he deserved - silence. I have to think stuff like that makes Tre stronger in his commitment.

Back to topic. I think it's very telling that CGM isn't pressing for a decision. I'm not sure BH is the priority some think. We're stocked at QB, and another high quality one would be great, but he would have NM and JJ ahead of him, and Queen behind him. I also think BH is delaying to find out how many quality receivers would come with him. Our 3-9 season weighs heavy on some kids, and while we see all the talented, under-utilized players they wonder how much talent we really have..

We're stocked at QB, and another high quality one would be great, but he would have NM and JJ ahead of him, and Queen behind him. I also think BH is delaying to find out how many quality receivers would come with him. Our 3-9 season weighs heavy on some kids, and while we see all the talented, under-utilized players they wonder how much talent we really have..

Considering none of our QBs are proven at the college level we are not stacked at QBs yet. BH is not delaying. He has had a July 1 commit date since before Auburn offered. The staff wants 1 high quality QB in each class so BH is a priority to them.

Take this for what it's worth but an LSU fan who knows the Harris family posted this on another board.

Talking to his cousin again today about his visit yesterday said " Would be shocked if he did sign with LSU." I will be meeting Harris and his family Sunday will provide update at that time.

Also 23 confirmed with me a couple hours ago the coaches feel real good where they stand with BH.

Take this for what it's worth but an LSU fan who knows the Harris family posted this on another board.

Talking to his cousin again today about his visit yesterday said " Would be shocked if he did sign with LSU." I will be meeting Harris and his family Sunday will provide update at that time.

Also 23 confirmed with me a couple hours ago the coaches feel real good where they stand with BH.

LSU coaches or AU?

LSU coaches or AU?

Auburn

One thing that would help us in LA would be for Reed to start living up to his hype and Robinson have a stellar year. If I am LSU I am pointing out what these guys have done at Auburn. Getting a commit from BH and Reed & Robinson having a great season would give us some positive press in LA. That would help BH recruit other LA blue chips we might be interested in.

War Eagle !

James Haralson ‏@jamesharalson

Brandon Harris @1045espn 's #AFR : Will not come to Baton Rouge for Les Miles' football camp.

Brandon Harris recaps his trip to Auburn on #AFR | Louisiana Daily - @1045espn http://louisianadaily.com/issue/july-2013/article/brandon-harris-recaps-his-trip-to-auburn-on-afr …

Brandon Harris fits Auburn and Ohio State's offense, Sean White fits LSU's offense.

Brandon is a well spoken kid. If you have not had a chance to listen to him, you should listen to this interview. I will be very surprised if we are not chosen. No inside info. Just based on reading interviews and posts.

Here is some food for thought and something I miised earlier but did BH let something slip in the Hoke article?

Auburn just signed Rivals100 quarterback Jeremy Johnson and JUCO standout Nick Marshall in the Class of 2013. But Harris isn't worried about competition. "I have confidence, but I'm not arrogant. I told Coach Malzahn, if I said I didn't want to come to Auburn because they have Johnson, Marshall, Kiehl Frazier, then don't recruit me because I'm your wrong guy. When I come here, I'm not coming to redshirt, I want to play right away."
Notice he did not say if like you would think he would. Things that make you go hmmm.

Here is some food for thought and something I miised earlier but did BH let something slip in the Hoke article?

Auburn just signed Rivals100 quarterback Jeremy Johnson and JUCO standout Nick Marshall in the Class of 2013. But Harris isn't worried about competition. "I have confidence, but I'm not arrogant. I told Coach Malzahn, if I said I didn't want to come to Auburn because they have Johnson, Marshall, Kiehl Frazier, then don't recruit me because I'm your wrong guy. When I come here, I'm not coming to redshirt, I want to play right away."
Notice he did not say if like you would think he would. Things that make you go hmmm.

Yah, I noticed that too. Confidence is all well and good but I think he is having some unrealistic expectations if he thinks he is going to dance on in here and jump in front of NM or JJ. Unrealistic expectations have caused dissension on many a team. I still think for a couple reasons he picks LSU which would be ok with me, but we will see in 5 days.

Yah, I noticed that too. Confidence is all well and good but I think he is having some unrealistic expectations if he thinks he is going to dance on in here and jump in front of NM or JJ. Unrealistic expectations have caused dissension on many a team. I still think for a couple reasons he picks LSU which would be ok with me, but we will see in 5 days.

The kid is just very confident. He said in other places he understands if he does not win the starting job but he will go compete for it whereever he goes. Healthy perspective IMO. Anyway I was only talking about the part I highlighted in orange in that he may have slipped his choice.

Archived