2014 5* DE Lorenzo Carter (Georgia signee)

AuburnWarVet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great to me, I'd love to get him early and have him recruiting for us over the next year.

What does this mean for our confidence in Lawson's commitment?

He's 2014. Different class

Thanks for the answer brother,and doing it in a nice way that didnt make me look like a doofus LOL.

What does this mean for our confidence in Lawson's commitment?

He's 2014. Different class

Thanks for the answer brother,and doing it in a nice way that didnt make me look like a doofus LOL.

Dont feel bad when I first posted I thought it was 2013 too and had to re-read it a few times lol

He is going to be tough to get. I suspect he will be one of the top 2-3 DE's on the board next year. That said we certainly have the personnel with the skills to get him here.

He is going to be tough to get. I suspect he will be one of the top 2-3 DE's on the board next year. That said we certainly have the personnel with the skills to get him here.

We certainly do.

We certainly do.

I think a lot of us are looking forward to seeing what this coaching staff can put together when they have a year to do it. I know I am.

• 3 weeks later...

I know georgia high school football has been good, but can anyone explain the apparent absolute boom in terms of top overall and depth of talent recently? I don't know where it was but im pretty sure i read recently where georgia had the highest percentage of Div 1 signees in relation to participants at all levels of high school football in the state. i know if they weren't number one they were number two to florida.

No telling, but I know Louisiana has like 16 4* or better recruits for 2014, could be the water.

IMHO, better than Da'Shawn Hand.

It's close. It could be 2014's version of Nkemdiche and Lawson.

I'll take the Norcross and Tucker LB/DL duo's. There is a bunch of talent in Northern Metro Alanta. It has become almost South FL like.

IMO it's passed South FL. Metro Atlanta pumps out so much talent.

Please use search people. link I am posting an 2014 offer checklist thread next week that will have the main AUF player thread links for each player as a table of context so this issue will hopefully be greatly reduced

I'm not sure why the numbers have increased but they have and especially the North Metro area. South GA has always produced and Auburn has gotten our share. As for N. Metro, some of it has to do with the fact that Atlanta City Schools are terrible. Any kids with talent will find themselves welcome at any number of really nice schools in the Gwinnett and North Fulton area. Grayson, Milton, Parkview, Norcross, Brookwood, North Gwinnett, Buford, Alpharetta etc. Even Sandy Creek on the Southside uses the same formula so to speak. The private schools are doing as well as they ever have as a whole as well. If you count 3* kids on up the numbers are crazy.

Archived