2014 5* DE Lorenzo Carter (Georgia signee)

AuburnWarVet

In the argument for the #1 player in the country. Really impressive. Has AU pretty high. Profile link.

http://247sports.com/Player/Lorenzo-Carter-22968

Lorenzo Carter is the number 1 recruit in HS? He looks really good and has great height for the position. I am a bit surprised they would have him as #1 since he still really needs to gain about 30 pounds or so considering his frame. I am sure he has the potential to do so. I would like to see him play his senior season at around 250 pounds.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lorenzo and his pals just wrapped up yet another state title. Weeks after taking down Walton in Football these guys won the title in Basketball over North Cobb in which Mr. Carter played a significant role. This was their first in many years in Football although Coach Maloof has won titles at other schools. But it was their fifth (5th) in eight (8) years in B'Ball. Their girls team won state as well. They are the first school in GHSSA history to sweep Football and both Boys/Girls B'ball! They won both Football and Boys B'Ball in 2010 as well.

The town of Norcross had FOUR (4) GHSSA State Basketball Championships this year alone. 6A Boys and Girls-Norcross HS, 2A Boys - Greater Atlanta Christian School (my Alma Mater) and 2A Girls - Wesleyan School.

Carter and Mouhon as well as the RB at Norcross (Name escapes me) are all being recruited by AU in Football as are a number of kids within a 20 minute ride of here. They are seeing coaches just at Norcross alone almost everyday. Coach Garner is here a good bit now as well as in the past while at thUGA. If thUGA could just put a fence around this area they would be in contention even more than they are now with all the talent to be had here in Gwinnett and N. Fulton counties.

• 2 months later...

I did a search for this forum and nothing came up for him...maybe I'm technologically challenged.

What's his status @ this point? All things on Scout, Rivals, etc. suggest he's pretty wide-open. I assume we've gotta be after him- looks stout. Anyone know the story? We trying to get him on campus for BCW? Is he leaning in a certain direction?

I did a search for this forum and nothing came up for him...maybe I'm technologically challenged.

What's his status @ this point? All things on Scout, Rivals, etc. suggest he's pretty wide-open. I assume we've gotta be after him- looks stout. Anyone know the story? We trying to get him on campus for BCW? Is he leaning in a certain direction?

All Bama at this point.

There were actually 2 other threads on Carter and it would be cool if we could merge them all. Also Carter is now a 5 stat on a few of the sites so can we correct that in thread titles also.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/130261-5-de-lorenzo-carter/page__hl__carter

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/129825-4-lorenzo-carter-2014/page__hl__carter

Wow, I would have thought that this highly rated of a player from Georgia would be all UGA. It amazes me how much 5* talent continues to leave that state and yet Mark Richt still keeps his job...

Wow, I would have thought that this highly rated of a player from Georgia would be all UGA. It amazes me how much 5* talent continues to leave that state and yet Mark Richt still keeps his job...

Georgia is not condusive to putting a fence around the state. Many families do not grow up in Georgia. They move in for Military and other reasons.

Georgia is not condusive to putting a fence around the state. Many families do not grow up in Georgia. They move in for Military and other reasons.

WIth 5 1/2 Million people living in the greater Atl area now, there are people moving in for all kinds of business reasons. Atl is either a Corp HQ, or a regional HQ for many firms. I think HS Football has gotten so good in GA that their are too many D1 prospects to just close the state off to UGA. We need to continue to take advantage of this. We should be thankful as long as Ga Tech keeps Coach Johnson as well. He and his staff are not the best at recruiting high star talent.

Closing off the state of GA would be akin to doing the same in FL, TX or CA. I like the way this staff seems to be laying claim to our "Home" areas. Mobile, Montgomery, Central-South GA, MS, LA and of course FL. There is more than enough talent and with bammer all over the country we should be able to make hay right now!

Hear, Hear! I totally agree, Dixie. Would much rather us recruit state and regional kids every year. State especially. Even when there's a slight talent disparity, I'd take state, and then regional, kids every time.

Sabear is loaded and he has enough cloudt locally that he can afford to Slow-Play these kids and they will still come running. We are in better shape recruiting wise than I have ever seen us at AU! Think about it, we have the #1 recruiter's from two of the top 5 recuiting powerhouses in the nation! (Garner and Craig) Both of whom played at Auburn. We have one of the best offensive minds in college football! (Gus Mahlzan) That doesn't even include CEJ, CMS or Cheese and we are only 3 years removed from a Natty!

• 1 month later...

FWIW Lorenzo Cater is visiting Auburn next week per the AJC.

Great news! I know he's a longshot but we need him so badly.

I love Carter and hope we are able to pique his interest. Also I realize we aren't really after him but I wish we were in the running for Kevin Mouhon. I love his film and he makes big plays. And with Evans playing games what could it hurt?

I think AU will be a contender for this young man after he sees the Plains. Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think he's visited before? I don't get the impression that he's in a hurry to make a decision, which is good for us...I read somewhere he's waiting until NSD. We'll be in the mix with UGA and Bama. You know the kid has to be familiar with Garner from his UGA days...

We are very much in the picture with Carter. Garner is all over him at this point in time. Bammer leads big but we are creeping up in the picture! This ends up being bammer UGA and AU battle.

We are very much in the picture with Carter. Garner is all over him at this point in time. Bammer leads big but we are creeping up in the picture! This ends up being bammer UGA and AU battle.

CRG is going to start paying off dividends in 2014 but by the 2015 cycle, given some tough, physical DL play we will be the ones defending our leads/early commits IMO. With Craig covering the Gulf (FL/AL etc.) and Garner (Jax, FL) and both heading up GA (Garner - Fulton, Gwinnett / Craig - Dekalb) we should be in it for whomever we wish!

So is Carter visiting this week?? :dunno:

Not sure. None of the stuff on him from The Opening has been focused on that.

Nice.

Derek Tyson ‏@DerekTysonESPN

A little switch up in Lorenzo Carters top schools. Per @KippLAdams Carter has named Florida as his leader. #Gators

• 1 month later...
Guest jojo1515

Watching this guy get hammered by Booker T Washington. Unless this guy adds A LOT of size and strength, no way he plays DLine in the SEC. While he does have quickness, a decent size HS O-lineman looks like a brick wall against him. He does get around the OLine a LITTLE with his speed, but once engaged by the O Line, his play is over. Without more size and strength, SEC O-Lines will eat him for a snack

Watching this guy get hammered by Booker T Washington. Unless this guy adds A LOT of size and strength, no way he plays DLine in the SEC. While he does have quickness, a decent size HS O-lineman looks like a brick wall against him. He does get around the OLine a LITTLE with his speed, but once engaged by the O Line, his play is over. Without more size and strength, SEC O-Lines will eat him for a snack

Exactly

Guest jojo1515

Poet, I'm not sure what it says about us that we are watching HS football on TV on a Saturday night lol. I guess we are just really big Auburn fans....atleast that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Archived