2014 5* DE Lorenzo Carter (Georgia signee)

AuburnWarVet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note, Washington's QB Trion (sp?) Harris is looking like a 6 star

FSU committ.

This 6'2" solid 315 lb OT that is pushing Carter all over the field is an unrated senior. Further proof that rankings mean nothing in my book.

I was watching the first game BSPN showed today. (maybe it was on BSPNU) I watched the #17 dual-threat QB in the nation take his first ever HS snap, after playing WR the previous year. WTH?

Guest jojo1515

FSU committ.

This 6'2" solid 315 lb OT that is pushing Carter all over the field is an unrated senior. Further proof that rankings mean nothing in my book.

I was watching the first game BSPN showed today. (maybe it was on BSPNU) I watched the #17 dual-threat QB in the nation take his first ever HS snap, after playing WR the previous year. WTH?

I wouldn't say ranking mean nothing, but they are definitely not the end all be all of recruiting for every player. Its funny you bring up the QB, I just heard the announcers say that the #59 DE in the country has not played football since JR High...plays for B.T.Washington...

Either way, I still feel strongly that Carter has no chance at SEC DE without getting a lot bigger. He may have been facing a 315 lb guard, but he also switched to other side for a bit and still did nothing. I think rhe recruiting services have been misled in this case. He is a 3 star at best if he plays against all big guys this poorly.

EDIT: Not to mention, no way a true 5 star DE has such little effect on unranked O Linemen that the opposing offense scores 55 points in the 1st 3 quarters....YES, IT IS 55-0 AFTER JUST 3 QUARTERS!

FSU committ.

I wouldn't say ranking mean nothing, but they are definitely not the end all be all of recruiting for every player. Its funny you bring up the QB, I just heard the announcers say that the #59 DE in the country has not played football since JR High...plays for B.T.Washington...

Either way, I still feel strongly that Carter has no chance at SEC DE without getting a lot bigger. He may have been facing a 315 lb guard, but he also switched to other side for a bit and still did nothing. I think rhe recruiting services have been misled in this case. He is a 3 star at best if he plays against all big guys this poorly.

When they moved Carter to the right side, Booker T. moved their LT to the right side also. That kid will be getting some scholly offers off of this game alone. He has been dominant.

FSU committ.

When they moved Carter to the right side, Booker T. moved their LT to the right side also. That kid will be getting some scholly offers off of this game alone. He has been dominant.

Deshaun Davis agrees with you:

Deshaun Davis@_Davis_Boy12 3h

Man Lorenzo Carter getting handled on ESPN! Whoever is blocking him will get a scholarship off this game!

Carter does need size but it will come. He has managed to stay fast and once in a S & C program he will be fine. BTW HS is the best in the nation. Oh, and I have been watching all day as well. Did make dinner w/ the family though.

Poet, I'm not sure what it says about us that we are watching HS football on TV on a Saturday night lol. I guess we are just really big Auburn fans....atleast that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I wanted to check out this Carter kid..they had a little blurb about him on espn...so I watched....he obviously is gonna have to get bigger to make a dominant impact at the next level

Man, that just kinda shows you the talent level at DE in 2013 vs. 2014. Lawson, Daniels and Nkemdiche will all play big roles on SEC teams this year. There are some great 2014 DE's as well, I'm just not sure that there are three of them that will show up ready to go like those three have. Andrew Williams is probably my favorite DE not committed to us yet. Not that it matters but Carter is the kid that I heard really likes Coach Garner and while we aren't his top school we are still in it from what I have been told recently by a Norcross Alumni that would know.

So, we are no longer recruiting Carter and he's been moved to the Rivals topic? Or has he become a "silent commit" to FIU? We can't comment on it because silent commits are TOP SECRET but his thread has been moved anyway? What's up with this?

So, we are no longer recruiting Carter and he's been moved to the Rivals topic? Or has he become a "silent commit" to FIU? We can't comment on it because silent commits are TOP SECRET but his thread has been moved anyway? What's up with this?

He eliminated Auburn 2 weeks ago. I just did not think to move his thread til I saw people posting on it yesterday.

He eliminated Auburn 2 weeks ago. I just did not think to move his thread til I saw people posting on it yesterday.

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Brought this back over since Zo visited for the Miss St game and had a great time. He loves the staff but we have a very long way to go to catch up with Bama, UGA, & UF. He may come to another Auburn game.

Brought this back over since Zo visited for the Miss St game and had a great time. He loves the staff but we have a very long way to go to catch up with Bama, UGA, & UF. He may come to another Auburn game.

If only someone had mentioned this before it became public knowledge.... :whistle: !

If only someone had mentioned this before it became public knowledge.... :whistle: !

Yeah yeah! :tease:

Yeah yeah! :tease:

Visually-Impaired swine locate edible foliage occasionally, correct? Isn't that the saying?

Visually-Impaired swine locate edible foliage occasionally, correct? Isn't that the saying?

huh?

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. Sheesh, El!

huh?

Never heard that one.

huh?

Never heard that one.

Me either, but if it is on the internet it must be true!

huh?

Never heard that one.

You two are either yankees or city fellers. :dunno:

huh?

Never heard that one.

You two are either yankees or city fellers. :dunno:

i ain"t yankee, but not corn fed either! I was not aware that blind hogs were vegans!

Archived