Early Early Predictions

El Tiburon

8-4 to 10-2 I think we really come around. The reports I've heard from the offseason are more than positive. Leadership has really started to emerge.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8-4 to 10-2 I think we really come around. The reports I've heard from the offseason are more than positive. Leadership has really started to emerge.

I agree.

I'll repost my prediction.

NM will come to AU and win the starting job. Throwing for 1500+ yards and Running for 750+ yards. He will lead us to 3-0 going to LSU and throw a game losing INT. He rebounds quickly leading us to another 2 W's. He lifts the spirits of the AU faithful after leading his team to a 5-1 record heading to College Station. Johnny Football shows the world again why he won the Hiesman and we leave 5-2. Not detered by another set back NM then leads us to 3 straight wins heading into the anomaly that is UGA and Bama at home. At 8-2 NM is better know as " The new Marshall in town" or " The Nick to take down Nick" or " The real Nick Shady". After a heartbreaking loss to his former team he has a private meeting/workout with Cam Newton, a prayer meeting with Newton's father and guarantees a victory over the hated turds. The Iron Bowl come to the Plains and NM leads the team to a victory for the ages as AU beats a 1 loss Bama to knock them out of the SEC championship game and all hopes for a NC. Au fans rush the field as CGM smiles upon his work of art. Bama fans are scattered around the stadium crying/giggling wondering how long the poison will take to kill the statues of our Hiesman winners. AU fans go home with that warm fuzzy feeling of being able to say for the next 365 days "34-30". And so begins the legend of NM.

I will wait to see how we progress at QB this summer during practice before making a true prediction. Right now I am thinking we will be around .500.

NM will come to AU and win the starting job. Throwing for 1500+ yards and Running for 750+ yards. He will lead us to 3-0 going to LSU and throw a game losing INT. He rebounds quickly leading us to another 2 W's. He lifts the spirits of the AU faithful after leading his team to a 5-1 record heading to College Station. Johnny Football shows the world again why he won the Hiesman and we leave 5-2. Not detered by another set back NM then leads us to 3 straight wins heading into the anomaly that is UGA and Bama at home. At 8-2 NM is better know as " The new Marshall in town" or " The Nick to take down Nick" or " The real Nick Shady". After a heartbreaking loss to his former team he has a private meeting/workout with Cam Newton, a prayer meeting with Newton's father and guarantees a victory over the hated turds. The Iron Bowl come to the Plains and NM leads the team to a victory for the ages as AU beats a 1 loss Bama to knock them out of the SEC championship game and all hopes for a NC. Au fans rush the field as CGM smiles upon his work of art. Bama fans are scattered around the stadium crying/giggling wondering how long the poison will take to kill the statues of our Hiesman winners. AU fans go home with that warm fuzzy feeling of being able to say for the next 365 days "34-30". And so begins the legend of NM.

I like that, by the way , does this sound like 2010 or what? Bama's on top and picked to repeat, were starting off with question marks about our team, a jr college qb set to be on campus soon; nah, lightening couldnt strike twice could it?

I like that, by the way , does this sound like 2010 or what? Bama's on top and picked to repeat, were starting off with question marks about our team, a jr college qb set to be on campus soon; nah, lightening couldnt strike twice could it?

Ask Roy Cleveland Sullivan how many times it can strike...........

I hope coach Johnson does A LOT of tackling drills. My high school coached used to say,"you have to hit hard in practice to hit hard the the game, you can't just turn it on like a light switch." In my opinion, Chizik/Roof didn't do enough hitting drills or scrimmage live enough. Some of the players seemed to even digress in the past few years.

I hope coach Johnson does A LOT of tackling drills. My high school coached used to say,"you have to hit hard in practice to hit hard the the game, you can't just turn it on like a light switch." In my opinion, Chizik/Roof didn't do enough hitting drills or scrimmage live enough. Some of the players seemed to even digress in the past few years.

Hitting was not the problem. The problem was Chiz did not believe in fundamental tackling. He believed in and forced the defensive coaches to teach flying to the ball and making hits instead of squaring up and wrapping up. Roof believed in fundamental tackling. Without Chiz at Penn St. Roof's D was 25th in the nation.

If you don't think there was enough live time spent on things you will really dislike where college football is heading. The PAC 12 just passed a "Less Live Practice Time in Pads" initiative because of the head traumas associated with football. Other conferences will likely pass similar initiatives in the next couple of years.

It won't be long before we're all talking about the good old days when men were men and football was football....

Not to be a downer, but we are an underdog in every game this year except Wash. State. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22369513/250-2013-college-football-spreads-released-by-golden-nugget Miss State favored to beat us by 1, we are not too well looked at by the betting boys, I surely think it will change, and I will keep my blue/orange glasses on.

Not to be a downer, but we are an underdog in every game this year except Wash. State. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22369513/250-2013-college-football-spreads-released-by-golden-nugget Miss State favored to beat us by 1, we are not too well looked at by the betting boys, I surely think it will change, and I will keep my blue/orange glasses on.

This has been said in another thread, but if I were Malzahn, I'd post this everywhere with "PROVE THEM WRONG" written at the bottom. That'd be some motivation.

Hitting was not the problem. The problem was Chiz did not believe in fundamental tackling. He believed in and forced the defensive coaches to teach flying to the ball and making hits instead of squaring up and wrapping up. Roof believed in fundamental tackling. Without Chiz at Penn St. Roof's D was 25th in the nation.

If you don't think there was enough live time spent on things you will really dislike where college football is heading. The PAC 12 just passed a "Less Live Practice Time in Pads" initiative because of the head traumas associated with football. Other conferences will likely pass similar initiatives in the next couple of years.

It seems like the art of fundamental tackling in going away. Everyone is going for big hits or strips instead of wrapping up.

It was reported in post-spring interviews that CEJ worked on tackling techniques every practice. I believe it was said that there was only 1 blatantly missed tackle on A-day.

This made me cry... :wareagle:

I feel like it will be an 8-4 type season. I'm just hoping for "0" blow out losses in 2013. I don't know that our record will truly indicate how much we'll have improved, but it could. It also may be a season with more L's than we'd like to expect. These potential heart breaking losses could make a team learn to win and hopefully forget how to lose.

I guess I don't know what to expect. My wife thinks we're in for another long season. I'm more optimistic.

Archived