Early Early Predictions

El Tiburon

Hey guys, I've been under a rock for the last year or so and haven't been following AU football as much as I would like. Anyway, I wanted to get an idea of what you guys are thinking our recording will be in this upcoming season. I know its early and a lot of things can change between now and Fall, but I would still like to see what we are looking at in terms of production and expecations. Thanks in advance and War Eagle!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Optimistically 10 -2. All of Auburn's toughest opponents but bamr have issues. Sophmore slump expected for Johnny Manziel as he lost some key personnel along the oline and his top receivers. Plus he set the bar very high last year. I believe LSU had 10 underclassmen declare for the draft and lost 8 to graduation. Their starting 22 has been gutted. Although the leghumpers return practically their entire offense, only 4 part time starters return on defense. Auburn's personnel is better than rest of the teams on the schedule.

I pencil in an automatic loss to bamr. uga will be tough with Murray returning at qb. Even though both lsu and a&m are away they are beatable.

I expect Marshall to come in and win the starting QB job, instill a fire and confidence in this team, the team falls in line and follows him, and we have an explosive year. Expect to win them all. We are under the radar, have loads of talent, and most importantly, we have Gus back installing an offense that no Auburn fan has really seen yet. (And yes, I do mean that we haven't really seen the Gus offense as it was meant to be implemented.) Defense will have a different mentality. Be able to play free because we will score points on offense. I expect a great season. And I expect recruiting to explode next season. WDE!

6-8 wins out of 12 for now. Major strides in QB play and defense could push win total up but until I see it, I won't believe it.

Optimistically 10 -2. All of Auburn's toughest opponents but bamr have issues. Sophmore slump expected for Johnny Manziel as he lost some key personnel along the oline and his top receivers. Plus he set the bar very high last year. I believe LSU had 10 underclassmen declare for the draft and lost 8 to graduation. Their starting 22 has been gutted. Although the leghumpers return practically their entire offense, only 4 part time starters return on defense. Auburn's personnel is better than rest of the teams on the schedule.

I pencil in an automatic loss to bamr. uga will be tough with Murray returning at qb. Even though both lsu and a&m are away they are beatable.

I agree about A&M. It may just be wishful hoping, but I think they are set up for a major fall this season. LSU lost a lot but they are always stacked with talent. I keep waiting for them to have a down year. Their HC is an idiot genius and somehow wins more games than I think they should. I think UGA and the gumps will be our toughest test's this season. Every game is winnable on our schedule. Winning is contageous and the first six games will determine how the last six go, IMO.

6-8 wins out of 12 for now. Major strides in QB play and defense could push win total up but until I see it, I won't believe it.

I agree with this. I also think it's likely that Nick Marshall will start for us this year at QB and that the defense will improve quite a bit. But I'm merely hopeful. It will take me some time to get my confidence back in AU football.

I agree with this. I also think it's likely that Nick Marshall will start for us this year at QB and that the defense will improve quite a bit. But I'm merely hopeful. It will take me some time to get my confidence back in AU football.

It is a new day my friend. I believe your confidence will be back in about four months. (I don't expect us to win the SEC this year, but I expect to see a much, much, much improved team this year)

Hey guys, I've been under a rock for the last year or so and haven't been following AU football as much as I would like. Anyway, I wanted to get an idea of what you guys are thinking our recording will be in this upcoming season. I know its early and a lot of things can change between now and Fall, but I would still like to see what we are looking at in terms of production and expecations. Thanks in advance and War Eagle!

8 win minimum & NO blowout losses would be a step in the right direction.

Two questions:

1. Will we make a bowl?

2. Will we be excited about our team's future come December? (I'm looking at you, 2011.)

If the answers to both questions is yes, this will be a successful season.

Two questions:

1. Will we make a bowl?

2. Will we be excited about our team's future come December? (I'm looking at you, 2011.)

If the answers to both questions is yes, this will be a successful season.

To go along with your 2nd question: I also want us to show enough growth, potential and momentum that recruits will see us a rising program headed for great things in the next 2-4 years and will want to be a part of that!

I think we will shock the world this year. I think our defense and offense will be much better than last year. I think the problem with last year was we were trying to run a pro style offense with spread players, and i think after the loss to clemson and lsu, chizik ended up losing the team

Based on what I saw on A Day, very good looking and talented football team with a very high upside and capable of going toe to toe with anyone on the schedule. However, QB play is so bad that until that is addressed we will be a 7-5 team rather than a 10-2 team.

I will never concede a loss to bama, never! They lost important people as well, I dont believe the hype about them anyway. Their offensive line made them what they were about as well, and 75% of them are gone!! By the time they get to AU we will be ready for them, all thats got to be said is two words for motivation for that game; "Remember Toomers"! WDE!!!

I think I've seen enough of Malzahn's offense to feel pretty confident that we will put up video game like numbers at home against average to below average defenses. That should get us to at least 5 wins with a strong possibility of adding a 6th against OM if our defense plays decent. It gets a lot tougher to predict after that but I think our running game gets us another win on the road against most likely either UT or Ark and if we drastically improve our tackling add another 2-3 wins to get us to 8 or 9.

Optimistic- 10-2

Pessimistic- 4-8

Realistic- 7-5

Since I live in Birmingham and the Tigers were 7-5, I would try real hard to get tickets to that game if Auburn was in it.

Mark Bradley of the AJC today said that AUBURN would go 8-4 this year and CGM would lead the new SEC coaches in wins. If that happens, I will be very pleased. He also said UGA would win the East and BAMA the West. He said BAMA wins the national title.

Since I live in Birmingham and the Tigers were 7-5, I would try real hard to get tickets to that game if Auburn was in it.

If Auburn goes 7-5 they won't play in Birmingham. You would probably need to try real hard to get to get tickets in Memphis or Shreveport and drive in a car over to whichever city we play in. You're welcome.

heck....why not just go ahead and say this team will go 14-0, and will win the National Championship hands down! We will then go on the longest winning streak in modern NCAA football, by going 56-0, and winning the NC for 4 straight years! Just my thinking!!

If Auburn goes 7-5 they won't play in Birmingham. You would probably need to try real hard to get to get tickets in Memphis or Shreveport and drive in a car over to whichever city we play in. You're welcome.

Auburn4ever is in prime form on this thread.

I think that I heard the format for the bowl in Shreveport is no longer a tie in from the SEC. Something like an ACC vs. Big Ten battle. I could be wrong because it doesn't make much sense, but I think that is the case.

As for my prediction. 8 win season with a team that has drastic improvement every game. QB play is my major concern.

Mark Bradley of the AJC today said that AUBURN would go 8-4 this year and CGM would lead the new SEC coaches in wins. If that happens, I will be very pleased. He also said UGA would win the East and BAMA the West. He said BAMA wins the national title.

I'm happy with his thUGA and bammer picks. The kiss of death. I'm not a huge Mark Bradley fan.

Archived