2013 4* WR Earnest Robinson (Auburn signee)

Sanders06

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking forward to seeing him this year, it's really too bad. Unfortunately, I think it's going to take the right set of circumstances for us to see him in the O&B. 2 years is a long time....

I hope it doesnt end up like the guy from GA that ended up at Texas A&M.

That was a prep school situation. Robinson's grades are such that he must graduate from JUCO before he's eligible for a major college scholarship. Big difference. Jayson Smith now, he's going to prep school and could wind up anywhere he wants to be in January, whether it's AU or elsewhere.

• 1 year later...

What might have been if he had just qualified...

A former three-star receiver from Pinson Valley High, Robinson signed with Auburn as part of the 2013 recruiting class but did not qualify. He spent last season at East Mississippi Community College in Scooba, Miss.

Robinson, who has been out of jail on bond, has a hearing set for August 12. According to a Trussville Tribune article: http://www.trussvilletribune.com/2014/08/05/former-pinson-valley-football-star-auburn-signee-faces-hearing-on-robbery-charge/

The charge stems from a May 27 incident in which Robinson and two others allegedly set up a man and robbed him in the Crestwood Boulevard area, according to Birmingham Police Department Lt. Sean Edwards.​

Robinson played in 10 games at EMCC as a freshman, catching seven passes for 75 yards. EMCC defeated Georgia Military College (which featured Auburn running back commit Jovon Robinson, as well as defensive line signees Davonte Lambert and Devaroe Lawrence) to win the National Junior College Athletic Association Championship.

So he's not a take for us right now?

Kidding...great, but sad, example of a wasted opportunity.

He has a history of bad and shady decisions. This only adds to that. Hope he can turn it around and stay out of trouble. He would be a great fit for Oklahoma ?

In all fairness to ERob he was dealt a tough blow early in life losing both his parents, then his grandmother who he worshiped. His grandfather was sick most of his high school career and was unable to give him the guidance he desperately needed. Because of this his grades really suffered and unfortunately, he could not get in Auburn. He tried his hardest and put forth the effort in the classroom in Junior College but his lack of learning in grade and high school came back to bite him.

In all fairness to ERob he was dealt a tough blow early in life losing both his parents, then his grandmother who he worshiped. His grandfather was sick most of his high school career and was unable to give him the guidance he desperately needed. Because of this his grades really suffered and unfortunately, he could not get in Auburn. He tried his hardest and put forth the effort in the classroom in Junior College but his lack of learning in grade and high school came back to bite him.

Doesn't mean you have to go rob people.

I don't think tinman was condoning his actions but just expressing that he understands how the kid got in that situation.

This sounds a lot like Jeremy Richardson's story... You sure you're not mistaking the two? Earnest did fine at Scooba, in the classroom... He just didn't like the fact that he wasn't getting the ball enough. Also, he couldn't stay out of trouble.

This sounds a lot like Jeremy Richardson's story... You sure you're not mistaking the two? Earnest did fine at Scooba, in the classroom... He just didn't like the fact that he wasn't getting the ball enough. Also, he couldn't stay out of trouble.

You are correct. I did make the error in mistaking the two. I think one is from Pinson Valley & the other from Clay Chalkville in the Birmingham area.

You are correct. I did make the error in mistaking the two. I think one is from Pinson Valley & the other from Clay Chalkville in the Birmingham area.

I do feel bad for Jeremy, though. He really was dealt a bad hand.

Earnest on the other hand... had he taken care of business in the classroom, he would have the world at his finger tips.

Archived