They didn't quit and that is progress.

johnjacob

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They (LSU) will definitely sleep hard and wake to some bruises. We started to wear them down in the 4th.

The final score ended about like I expected...a 10-14 point win. But in reality, we shot ourselves in the foot with some of the turnovers (especially one that doesn't show up in the stats as a TO...the botched punt that gave them the ball around our 15). If you take away that one in particular, this is a one score ballgame. And we ran them ragged in the 2nd half.

This was an Auburn team that didn't quit. They fought and scratched and competed like men. And I'm damn proud of them. These are the sorts of games that serve as a foundation for future successes.

Amen. Last years team would have packed it in. No quit in these guys. Proud of the way they fought till the bitter end!

Agree, I am proud that our boys never gave up!

I am honestly crying like a little girl. Our boys...no, men, played their guts out tonight. Get on board or get out of the way, these guys believe.

After how the first 5 minutes went we matched them the rest of the game. We played till the 4th and we actually looked better conditioned. They are a damn good team. The way they can run block is incredible. I still think we can look at this game as progress. Not happy but not stunned at the outcome.

This was an Auburn team that didn't quit. They fought and scratched and competed like men. And I'm damn proud of them. These are the sorts of games that serve as a foundation for future successes.

That is key. The mental aspect is the hardest.

I agree with everyone 100%. We found out tonight what kind of fight we have. I hate we lost but I absolutely love the way we fought through the adversity. We lost but we gained so much. War Eagle

The kind of grittiness that is needed for greatness is forged in nights like tonight. Our guys played with the heart of a champion. If you fail to realize that, then there is no hope for you.

Amen we didn't give up. We were a qb away from winning. Gus never gave up and the team never gave up. (I dont believe LSU is that good from what I saw tonight.)

I think our QB will develop and be pretty good.

Like someone said earlier on AUFF, A loss here could ACTUALLY benefit the team overall, teach us what winning in the SEC is all about, stopping the run and minimizing turnovers, both of which we failed to do against LSU (6 turnovers in total, could absolutely not stop their offensive line and their run game at first.)

Amen we didn't give up. We were a qb away from winning. Gus never gave up and the team never gave up. (I dont believe LSU is that good from what I saw tonight.)

I think our QB will develop and be pretty good. Dont pay sevenlee no mind, he has it out for Marshall for some reason. I don't know if nick stole his girlfriend or what, but he always has nothing but negative talk for Marshall.

This team has better discipline, and more heart than any team we've seen recently. I like the spirit I see in these kids!

This is what I've been looking for...pretty much since CTT left Auburn. 2010 was lightning in a bottle. Gus seems to be building a foundation.

I am proud of our team as well. I don't like to lose either, but I think we have come a long way since last season. If that game was last year, we probably would have lost 40-0.

The team showed resiliency and heart the entire game. Even til the end they never gave up or quit. They continued to play hard, play with emotion and believe in one another.

I know the game started bad, but we will learn from that. Now we know what it's like to play on the road. Now we know what it's like to face a top 10 team. Now we know what we must do to get a W in those situations.

Last night reminds me of Rocky. We stood toe to toe with the favored opponent. We sustained some shots early and often. But, we kept standing our ground. We didn't quit or back down. We may not have won last night, but if we continue to play with that kind of heart (and the execution improves) I think we will be in great shape moving forward.

WDE!

I think our QB will develop and be pretty good. Dont pay sevenlee no mind, he has it out for Marshall for some reason. I don't know if nick stole his girlfriend or what, but he always has nothing but negative talk for Marshall.

Sounds like you wanna date em. Still waiting for him to prove me wrong and hope he does but I won't hold my breathe because I have to be here to point reality out to you.

Sounds like you wanna date em. Still waiting for him to prove me wrong and hope he does but I won't hold my breathe because I have to be hear to point reality out to you.

The reality is he's the best we have right now! Dont believe me? Go ask Gus, Im sure he would LOVE to hear ur insight on who his qb should be!! Smh

If you recall a number of our games in 2010 started about like the LSU game last night and AU turned around and won those games....UGA, USCe, Bama, etc. How many of you were posting "pathetic", "turn out the lights" etc. by halftime of the Bama game.....or maybe the UGa game? We were down two or three TDs early in a number of games and came back to win....and broke a lot of hearts along the way..

I give Gus a lot of credit for being able to revive a team that was ready for a crash again last night (like last season)..... except he does not quite have the same talent (Cam, Nick, etc.) that he had in 2010...but the attitude and effort was there.....and IMO that's what matters at this point in the season. It is definitely a new day.

Archived