Jaylon Denson Will Undergo Surgery

WarDamnEagle#1

Justin Hokanson @JHokanson

UPDATE: #Auburn WR Jaylon Denson suffers torn patellar tendon, will undergo surgery

That explains the air cast. They didn't want the knee cap moving around. Prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

i like the fact lsu's trainers were out there helping as well. showed a lot of class.

Does anyone know what kind of timeline there is for this type of injury/surgery recovery?

^^^THIS^^^^ I don't know anything about it, but that doesn't sound like it would take 12 months to recover from.

My prayers, heart and thoughts are with Jaylon. Can't wait to see him back with the team in 2014. Can Jaylon be redshirted even thogh he's played in all 4 games?

Up to a year for recovery? Wow. We're going to miss him....the best blocker it seems .....and made some clutch catches. Some other guys will need to step up.

Does anyone know what kind of timeline there is for this type of injury/surgery recovery?

^^^THIS^^^^ I don't know anything about it, but that doesn't sound like it would take 12 months to recover from.

Thing is, the patellar tendon does more than just hold the kneecap in place. If it's completely ruptured, then you are completely, physically unable to straighten your lower leg.

Patellar tendon tear is bad news. You almost wish it was ACL :/

I would have thought the exact opposite. Just durn! Well wishes for a speedy recovery.

(I would assume he has already burned his redshirt)

My prayers, heart and thoughts are with Jaylon. Can't wait to see him back with the team in 2014. Can Jaylon be redshirted even thogh he's played in all 4 games?

I know you can request a medical redshirt after he's played, but not sure where they draw the line on saying he's played enough to burn a year of eligibility. It may be strictly based on games, or maybe based on the number of plays he was on the field. The latter makes more sense to me, but then the NCAA has never been known to operate sensibly. Maybe someone else knows the rules and can clarify.

You definitely wish it had been an ACL....still a long recovery, but not as long. Unfortunately, he can just ask Cadillac Williams about rehab and recovery times. I think it's a safe bet that he was the only RB in the NFL to return to playing after suffering 2 torn patellar tendons.

Archived