Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

The Bylaw seems pretty clear to me (see red font). I don't see anything stated about being under a certain amount. I don't see anything about leniency for paying the loan back. So, NCAA, what is the problem?

Discounts and Credits.

A student-athlete may not receive a special discount, payment arrangement

or credit on a purchase (e.g., airline ticket, clothing) or a service (e.g., laundry, dry cleaning) from an institutional

employee or a representative of its athletics interests.

Free or Reduced-Cost Services.

An athletics representative may not provide a student-athlete

with professional services (for which a fee normally would be charged) without charge or at a reduced cost except

as permitted elsewhere in this bylaw. Professional services provided at less than the normal rate or at no expense to

a student-athlete are considered an extra benefit unless they are available on the same basis to the general student

body.

Telephones and Credit Cards.

It is not permissible to allow a student-athlete to use a telephone

or credit card for personal reasons without charge or at a reduced cost.

Entertainment Services.

A student-athlete may not receive services (e.g., movie tickets, din

-

ners, use of car) from commercial agencies (e.g., movie theaters, restaurants, car dealers) without charge or at

reduced rates, or free or reduced-cost admission to professional athletics contests from professional sports organi

-

zations, unless such services also are available to the student body in general.

Other Prohibited Benefits.

An institutional employee or representative of the institution’s athletics

interests may not provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services, including, but not limited to:

(a)

A loan of money;

(B)

A guarantee of bond;

©

An automobile or the use of an automobile;

(d)

Transportation (e.g., a ride home with a coach), except as permitted in 16.9.1-(e), even if the student-athlete

reimburses the institution or the staff member for the appropriate amount of the gas or expense; or

(e)

Signing or cosigning a note with an outside agency to arrange a loan.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bylaw seems pretty clear to me (see red font). I don't see anything stated about being under a certain amount. I don't see anything about leniency for paying the loan back. So, NCAA, what is the problem?

Discounts and Credits.

or credit on a purchase (e.g., airline ticket, clothing) or a service (e.g., laundry, dry cleaning) from an institutional

with professional services (for which a fee normally would be charged) without charge or at a reduced cost except

as permitted elsewhere in this bylaw. Professional services provided at less than the normal rate or at no expense to

a student-athlete are considered an extra benefit unless they are available on the same basis to the general student

body.

Entertainment Services.

-

ners, use of car) from commercial agencies (e.g., movie theaters, restaurants, car dealers) without charge or at

reduced rates, or free or reduced-cost admission to professional athletics contests from professional sports organi

-

zations, unless such services also are available to the student body in general.

interests may not provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services, including, but not limited to:

(a)

A loan of money; **Unless the U. Of Alabama is involved.**

(B)/>

A guarantee of bond;

©

(d)

Transportation (e.g., a ride home with a coach), except as permitted in 16.9.1-(e), even if the student-athlete

reimburses the institution or the staff member for the appropriate amount of the gas or expense; or

(e)

Fixed it for you. You forgot one part. ;D

Discounts and Credits.

body.

Entertainment Services.

-

-

(a)

A loan of money;

( B)

A guarantee of bond;

©

(d)

(e)

I have a feeling that the next 6-12 months are going to be quite entertaining :popcorn:

Let me toss this out at you and see what you think. This is nothing more than a theory or whatever on my part, but what if it's not the REC or Saban's friendship with Emmert keeping the NCAA out of Tuscaloosa. What if it's Mike Slive? Think about it---in 2014 the SEC Network gets going. How would it look if the team that is considered by many here in Alabama as well as the nation to be the "flagship" program for the SEC, is on NCAA probation and cannot appear on TV or in a bowl game? Maybe it's Slive who's pulling strings with the NCAA. Just a guess on my part, but who knows?

FLAGSHIP?........Think again. espn may look at them in that light. The majority of the nation's sports fans see them pretty much as we do.

Let me toss this out at you and see what you think. This is nothing more than a theory or whatever on my part, but what if it's not the REC or Saban's friendship with Emmert keeping the NCAA out of Tuscaloosa. What if it's Mike Slive? Think about it---in 2014 the SEC Network gets going. How would it look if the team that is considered by many here in Alabama as well as the nation to be the "flagship" program for the SEC, is on NCAA probation and cannot appear on TV or in a bowl game? Maybe it's Slive who's pulling strings with the NCAA. Just a guess on my part, but who knows?

Interesting, but if true then Slive would need to go too. Bama might just unravel the fabric of NCAA Football.

I'm sure Slive has something to do with what's going (not) in Tuscaloosa with the NCAA.

Slive helped bama before, he helped lsu, he helped Auburn, and I believe he will try to help any SEC team prosper. He is doing good at it also. We just have to learn to play the game. Take care of business on the field and let him do what he does so well.

I'm sure Slive has something to do with what's going (not) in Tuscaloosa with the NCAA.

Slive helped bama before, he helped lsu, he helped Auburn, and I believe he will try to help any SEC team prosper. He is doing good at it also. We just have to learn to play the game. Take care of business on the field and let him do what he does so well.

What had Mike Slive ever done to help Auburn? He never said a word during the Cam mess. I don't even recall him helping LSU with anything.

What had Mike Slive ever done to help Auburn? He never said a word during the Cam mess. I don't even recall him helping LSU with anything.

Alright, alright we are just mistreated victims of circumstance. I choose to believe otherwise. I'm sorry I should have had better judgement than to post that opinion. Feel free to delete it

Archived