Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

Just want to point out. The NCAA did Not clear money Dix. They simply allowed uat's two game suspension. So, they agree he is GUILTY. Now the PLI can follow on this and all of the other cheating matters. (Time for bg's head to explode)

Not sure what that means. If he wasn't cleared, why would NS allow him to play if he knows the NCAA is going to investigate and he could have to forfeit? doesn't make much sense.

If you take away the money changing hands, there are AT LEAST two other players ( Cooper and Hubbard), both of which he has continued to play, that are just as guilty as Ha Ha in the agent infractions. There actually could be as many as a dozen players involved. The issue will soon be bigger than even lil' dinky, and he knows it, but he is counting on the REC and Emmert to rescue him. It ain't gonna happen, primarily because other programs are putting the pressure on Emmert and the NCAA. Funny thing is, if the bama trolls on here are insiders or have their pulse on what's going on, they would know the above is true. Makes me grin ( a smurky grin) when I see their shallow posts attempting to rationalize the situation. Finally, it is in Auburn's best interest to let others do the heaving lifting with the NCAA.

Are we still looking at a year plus before the PLOI is handed out?

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I recall correctly, the NCAA cleared Cam Newton and he was able to play against GA. However, the NCAA still put AU through a ringer of an investigation and turned every record, bank account, landline and cell phone line over time and time again trying to find something---ANYTHING---against AU, and found NOTHING. Not even with the HBO 4. I bet even the most die-hard Bama fan would not want the NCAA to probe them the way they probed AU.

If I recall correctly, the NCAA cleared Cam Newton and he was able to play against GA. However, the NCAA still put AU through a ringer of an investigation and turned every record, bank account, landline and cell phone line over time and time again trying to find something---ANYTHING---against AU, and found NOTHING. Not even with the HBO 4. I bet even the most die-hard Bama fan would not want the NCAA to probe them the way they probed AU.

and I doubt the NCAA is going to make that kind of a probe on Alabama no matter how much OSU or USC complain to them. Unless the media turns this into a Cam Newton style witch hunt you will not see it.

and I doubt the NCAA is going to make that kind of a probe on Alabama no matter how much OSU or USC complain to them. Unless the media turns this into a Cam Newton style witch hunt you will not see it.

Media will have little or no effect in this, except ignoring it until it hits. Then, they'll have no choice.

Media will have little or no effect in this, except ignoring it until it hits. Then, they'll have no choice.

I hope you are right but I have little faith in this.

I hope you are right but I have little faith in this.

Pops seems to be fairly well connected. I'm barely clinging to hope that Bama gets smacked based simply on his posts. My gut feeling is nothing ever comes of this but I'm letting pops trump that. :)

Alabama has nothing to lose by playing these players. They win with them and if they get hammered it won't matter because they would have to forfeit anyway. If the NCAA does nothing they win with them!!

Alabama has nothing to lose by playing these players. They win with them and if they get hammered it won't matter because they would have to forfeit anyway. If the NCAA does nothing they win with them!!

Well, we see what just happened with the Miami case. I'm less confident that if Bama receives an LOI and are found guilty of infractions that their punishment would be sevre. I doubt they have done any as bad as Miami.

Well, we see what just happened with the Miami case. I'm less confident that if Bama receives an LOI and are found guilty of infractions that their punishment would be sevre. I doubt they have done any as bad as Miami.

NEVER doubt the level of CHEATING at uat.......N E V E R............

I don't doubt their master level of cheating. What I doubt is the NCAA actually hits them with punishment of any sort of significance.

I don't doubt their master level of cheating. What I doubt is the NCAA actually hits them with punishment of any sort of significance.

^^ This ^^ Selias is on point.

Hah!! IF (notice big if) the NCAA snoops around TTown the rec will let them find minor violations. But the money trail for cars, tires and wheels, fishing trips, computers, mom's living arrangements, etc. will not be found.

uat has no integrity.......so.........

Is there a number I can call the NCAA at?

this is extremely ridiculous, and where is the outrage on ESPN like there was for Cam and Johnny???

Maybe I missed something about the Bama kid but it was just $250....or maybe a bit more..right? Whereas the $ in question with Cam was quite a different thing....and paying him to play at AU....and the JM thing seemed to (and probably did) involve quite a bit of money.

I don't see any point in ruining this kid's career ...even if he is at Bama. He did the crime and did the time.....but some folks here are just bloodthirsty it seems.

I think you meant paying Cam to play at Miss St.

No...apparently you were not around at the time but the "claim" was that Cam took money to play at AU. This was a conclusion (without proof) made by some folks based on the premise that Cam seemed to have turned down money to play at MSU so some folks thought "why would he turn down money to play at MSU and then play at AU for free?" .....kind of like "why did J M sign all those shirts and helmets for free when he could have made good money for doing that ?" .....kind of like, "how do all those Bama kids afford all those custom modified Chargers? "

Smh, again that was the rumor about cam and AU, which got an investigation! The kids at uat are FACTS!! With no investigation, not even close!!

And you are sure of this?

this is extremely ridiculous, and where is the outrage on ESPN like there was for Cam and Johnny???

Maybe I missed something about the Bama kid but it was just $250....or maybe a bit more..right? Whereas the $ in question with Cam was quite a different thing....and paying him to play at AU....and the JM thing seemed to (and probably did) involve quite a bit of money.

I don't see any point in ruining this kid's career ...even if he is at Bama. He did the crime and did the time.....but some folks here are just bloodthirsty it seems.

No...apparently you were not around at the time but the "claim" was that Cam took money to play at AU. This was a conclusion (without proof) made by some folks based on the premise that Cam seemed to have turned down money to play at MSU so some folks thought "why would he turn down money to play at MSU and then play at AU for free?" .....kind of like "why did J M sign all those shirts and helmets for free when he could have made good money for doing that ?" .....kind of like, "how do all those Bama kids afford all those custom modified Chargers? "

Smh, again that was the rumor about cam and AU, which got an investigation! The kids at uat are FACTS!! With no investigation, not even close!!

Trust me, I would love to wrong. But after the Miami conclusion, bama will probably amp up the free $$$$ now. Who's gonna stop them from doing so?

What a school with at least a-little integrity does:

http://espn.go.com/c...ms-four-seasons

Athletic director Jeff Geiser said that most of the violations are minor and stemmed from misinformed advising.

... The violations, which date back to the summer of 2012, include athletes failing to declare their amateur status. Another infraction the school came forward with was that numerous students had failed to fulfill the NCAA's 75/25 rule, Geiser said. They were not earning the required hours for their degree plan.

...the Division II school said it's volunteering to have eight teams' wins vacated over four seasons as well as all wins by four of those teams in a fifth season. The teams include football, baseball, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's soccer, volleyball and softball. The men's cross-country team could also possibly lose championships earned in the last two years.

Wow. Seems they are going way overboard, based on recent NCAA penalties, to avoid "even more severe punishment from the NCAA."

No way you'd ever see that kind of reaction from Bama, since they have no fear of the NCAA. That's the difference between being Bama and being Eastern New Mexico.

So someone please explain to me how it's a known fact that Dix didn't even deny taking a loan from his coach, and Alabama is in the repeat offender window, and the NCAA delivers no punishment. In fact they do the exact opposite and reinstate him????

That's like if you stole my car, the government/police find you and you say "yes I stole the car but I plan on giving it back once I'm done with it" and then the government/police gave let you go and gave you $2000 Dollars just because.

I think there are quite a number of questions that need to be asked about this; For instance, how did Dix know to go to Coach Harris to ask for a "loan?" If he knew, how many other players have in the past gone to Coach Harris for some financial assistance? How can someone who needs help with a $500 (or less) loan afford car payments and insurance payments for a late model car---with custom wheels, no less--.in the first place? And, since this was initially reported by someone at the Tuscaloosa News, did this reporter actually grow a set of balls to have the nerve to report this, or was this an attempt by the university to deflect any possible NCAA investigation by showing the world how serious the Tahd is about running a clean program? It's interesting to me that this story comes out about the time of the DJ Fluker story of accepting money and furniture while a student-athlete at Alabama. Yep, Bama was showing the world how pro-active it is when it comes to providing improper benefits to it's student-athletes. Unfortunately, it appears the NCAA fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

I think there are quite a number of questions that need to be asked about this; For instance, how did Dix know to go to Coach Harris to ask for a "loan?" If he knew, how many other players have in the past gone to Coach Harris for some financial assistance? How can someone who needs help with a $500 (or less) loan afford car payments and insurance payments for a late model car---with custom wheels, no less--.in the first place? And, since this was initially reported by someone at the Tuscaloosa News, did this reporter actually grow a set of balls to have the nerve to report this, or was this an attempt by the university to deflect any possible NCAA investigation by showing the world how serious the Tahd is about running a clean program? It's interesting to me that this story comes out about the time of the DJ Fluker story of accepting money and furniture while a student-athlete at Alabama. Yep, Bama was showing the world how pro-active it is when it comes to providing improper benefits to it's student-athletes. Unfortunately, it appears the NCAA fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

I hope all is quiet because the NCAA is investigating. Before, when Bammer was in trouble, no one knew anything about it until well after the PLOI had been delivered.

I hope all is quiet because the NCAA is investigating. Before, when Bammer was in trouble, no one knew anything about it until well after the PLOI had been delivered.

BINGO! We have a winner! :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

Athletic director Jeff Geiser said that most of the violations are minor and stemmed from misinformed advising.

... The violations, which date back to the summer of 2012, include athletes failing to declare their amateur status. Another infraction the school came forward with was that numerous students had failed to fulfill the NCAA's 75/25 rule, Geiser said. They were not earning the required hours for their degree plan.

...the Division II school said it's volunteering to have eight teams' wins vacated over four seasons as well as all wins by four of those teams in a fifth season. The teams include football, baseball, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's soccer, volleyball and softball. The men's cross-country team could also possibly lose championships earned in the last two years.

Wow. Seems they are going way overboard, based on recent NCAA penalties, to avoid "even more severe punishment from the NCAA."

No way you'd ever see that kind of reaction from Bama, since they have no fear of the NCAA. That's the difference between being Bama and being Eastern New Mexico.

"Another BINGO"

You sound like BG. You can't be that dense. You can see the sun and moon in the sky, are you demanding that someone "prove" to you that they are real? Wake up.

Poor Ha Ha.... Packed his car up the night before heading home to Florida.. Left the car unlocked which had many valuables inside.. including cash.. He was so determined to get home, he went to his coach and borrowed money. He paid the coach back.. nothing to see here. Just a poor college kid who had hard times and borrowed money which he promptly repaid. Check out this article from the sporting news. Now I ask you to replace Clinton Dix with any Auburn player.. How about Tre Mason going home to Florida and doing the same thing? The media would be all over this and crying how Auburn cheats Auburn cheats. Bottom line, a coach gave a player money, but since it is an Alabama player, it is ok. http://www.sportingn...bama-nick-saban

Archived