Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

Exactly what I thought would happen. Let's just admit that college football is a professional sport and just go ahead and break out the checkbooks. It would free up my Saturdays for sure. I'm rapidly losing interest in the NFL's farm league. Calling college football an amateur sport is a joke.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly what I thought would happen. Let's just admit that college football is a professional sport and just go ahead and break out the checkbooks. It would free up my Saturdays for sure. I'm rapidly losing interest in the NFL's farm league. Calling college football an amateur sport is a joke.

Yes, yes. Let's break out the check books...for $250 loans.

The amount is trivial. It could be $5,000-$10,000. This whole thing just proves that as long as you don't lie about breaking the rules you can get away with improper benefits and not suffer any serious consequences.

Guys, let me talk you back from the edge. This is response to the loan from the coach and in no way is it an indication of the bigger picture. Let them wallow in their supposed victory!!

So let me get this straight; heresay gets u investigated(cam newton). And actuall proof of money from a coach to player does not? Like I've said before; if it had been AU, the doors would have been shut and a lot of people would had lost their job! Did the coach get reinstated as well? I would be very surprised if he did.

Guys, let me talk you back from the edge. This is response to the loan from the coach and in no way is it an indication of the bigger picture. Let them wallow in their supposed victory!!

I really hope what you say is true, and your not just trying to yank our chain

Did anyone see espn's reporting of it on the ticker?! They said he was suspended for "a violation of team rules". I thought it was for a violation of NCAA rules.....

Did anyone see espn's reporting of it on the ticker?! They said he was suspended for "a violation of team rules". I thought it was for a violation of NCAA rules.....

Yeah I saw that too. I guess it's only against team rules when you take money from someone on the coaching staff. It's not against team rules to take money from an agent or former Alabama player. That's why D.J. Fluker never had to get re-instated because he didn't break team rules. :big:

They have earned their name, Bull Spit Programming Network.

Was it determined that the "loan" was actually for his car payment?

It does not matter!! A coach giving a player a "loan" is strictly against the rules. A coach giving a player a ride in his car in a thunderstorm has ended with more than a two game suspension for the player.

Before you freak out, I was asking for a reason. If it was, indeed, needed to make a payment, how did he make his previous payments? An even better question... How has he made his payments since? That payment is a fixed amount. So based on that, he then had his regular payment, as well as the "loan" to pay back. Where did he get the sudden income increase to accomplish that?

Now I have this question. Was the car purchased using a loan? If so, that's a mighty large loan and would require A LOT of collateral, unless it was approved inappropriately. If that's the case, I would LOVE to know what bank the loan came from. Also, who is the owner, district manager, branch manager, loan officer, and head of the lending department.

Alot of college athletes, including AU players, use student loans or federal grant money to purchase cars. They are on full scholarship but they're still allowed to apply for student loan/grant money. The govt cuts the check to the school and since the scholarship has already covered the tuition payment the amount is "refunded" to the student athlete. That stille doesn't explain how the players have these very expensive cars, though. The grant plus loan is probably not more than 8,000 so I'm not sure who makes up the difference unless you have friends in gadsden that owns a car dealership.

Please help me out. What is the dollar amount that it starts to become not okay to take money from coaches? I would truly like to know your answer and justification.

Is it only a 250 loan now? I love how this number keeps getting smaller. Since the proof of him paying it back was a withdrawal from his bank account. Which at the time of the first report was under $500. I'm sure the under 500 number was given because that was the biggest withdrawal they had on record.

I love how bammers dismiss this because of the amount of money and that amount keeps getting smaller. They have yet to see the significance of a coach paying a player. For all other university's now there is a precedent. Coaches can now pay players just when it starts to get hot all you have to do is say it was a loan. Thank you bama now other schools can start to play on the same playing field as yall. So I guess what the NCAA has done is now made it legal for pay for play.

Is it only a 250 loan now? I love how this number keeps getting smaller. Since the proof of him paying it back was a withdrawal from his bank account. Which at the time of the first report was under $500. I'm sure the under 500 number was given because that was the biggest withdrawal they had on record.

I love how bammers dismiss this because of the amount of money and that amount keeps getting smaller. They have yet to see the significance of a coach paying a player. For all other university's now there is a precedent. Coaches can now pay players just when it starts to get hot all you have to do is say it was a loan. Thank you bama now other schools can start to play on the same playing field as yall. So I guess what the NCAA has done is now made it legal for pay for play.

And not just a loan. A "short-term" loan!! I wonder if he ever had to verify how he got the money to "pay back" this "short-term" loan?

The even bigger question in all this that NOBODY in the media has yet to ask is: if he needed a loan of less than $500, how was he EVER able to pay for the custom paint job, the custom rims, or make payments for the car itself??

They need to get the rust off him for the LSU game, no other reason.

Something more to brag about after we beat the most well paid team in the NCAA. I know their fanbase wont care, but what does it say about Saban\Tuscaloosa\and all the titles that they still have to pay kids to come there? It's like watching someone step out of a brand new Mercedes, walk into a store, and pay with food stamps. You know its wrong - but what can you or anyone do about it? Honestly, this is why it is better just to be concerned with our own team.

Is there a number I can call the NCAA at?

this is extremely ridiculous, and where is the outrage on ESPN like there was for Cam and Johnny???

You can't be serious? You don't think they get calls about this all the time? Do you think your somebody that matters and can get them to do something? No..no you're not.

this is extremely ridiculous, and where is the outrage on ESPN like there was for Cam and Johnny???

You can't be serious? You don't think they get calls about this all the time? Do you think your somebody that matters and can get them to do something? No..no you're not.

Could you of been a bigger Ass hole with your first post? No....no you couldn't

I'm not an idiot like you are implying that i am, I know my call wouldn't make a difference but being able to voice your opinion is nice to do

So screw off

Hey everybody!!! Look!!!! It's THAT guy! You know... The one that shows up with every intention of starting a fight, so he uses every outlet he can to run his mouth. Every outlet except his actual mouth, of course. That would demand accountability, and he lives above that! Who knows? Maybe one day he will finally decide to come down and sit at our level. First, he'll have to muster up the courage to reach back with both hands and give a swift tug to that piece of tree firmly lodged in his anal cavity!

I'm sick of people feeling entitled and thinking they're the greatest thing ever, so don't bring that crap on here and expect to last long. You know what, don't bring it on here at all. Go ahead and delete that account, start over, and make a new one. Then your voice won't be ignored every time you post.

With deepest regards,

Daniel

Guys and gals....this is far from over....

Ncaa 317/917-6222

Maybe I missed something about the Bama kid but it was just $250....or maybe a bit more..right? Whereas the $ in question with Cam was quite a different thing....and paying him to play at AU....and the JM thing seemed to (and probably did) involve quite a bit of money.

I don't see any point in ruining this kid's career ...even if he is at Bama. He did the crime and did the time.....but some folks here are just bloodthirsty it seems.

Archived