Marshall Info for Saturday?

auclong

Hearing NM has Patellar Tendonitis....

So what does that mean, as far as the rest of the season?

Well, it just depends on the seriousness of the injury. If it is just a grade 1 or 2, he just needs to rest a few days, but the swelling will likely emerge when he gets back to the field because proper healing takes at least 3-4 weeks without any strenuous activity. Now, if it is a grade 3 or higher, it could require surgery....

Thanks for the info!

No problem!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically his knee is sore from the play near the sideline the other night. This rarely requires any long term absence. Rest is the best treatment.

Well, not exactly that cut and dry. If you are constantly playing on a swollen knee, you will make it worse, and in NM's case, he will already lose some of his quickness and escapability because he will be limited with his injured knee. It really depends on the grade of the injury to tell you if it is possible for Nick to use his legs like he has been thus far...

I still think Jeremy loses his red shirt saturday...We can win possibly 9 games this year with a good quarterback. We can not settle for 6 or 7 when we can win 8-9 regular season games. Sorry, but this is my opinion. If Marshall is gimpy ,we need someone to step in and take his place......Johnson is the only one capable.

I'm curious as to how you know Johnson is capable and the best QB? I tend to believe that if he was the best QB coming out of Fall Camp that he would have been named the starter. Admittedly, he has been working and has had six more weeks to learn the offense but I think Coach would be playing him already if he was our best QB. Coach doesn't mess around when it comes to winning.

Like Tennis elbow in the knee? ANd YES Wallace can win against WCarolina,but can he win against the Aggies and Georgia...etc.....Johnson i believe can.

Who plays the WCU game is not about winning that game. Heck, Tucker Tubs could probably play and we would win that game. This is about the rest of the season.

After an initial resistance to the thought of losing JJ's redshirt, I have come to believe that he needs to play if NM cant. We may need him later this season and, honestly, the game has changed. If JJ is outstanding, odds are he will leave after his 3rd year out of high school anyway (Johnny Manziel) -- that is the college football world and NFL money these days.

Let JJ loose if NM cant go

I agree. The really good players don't often stay five years anymore. I say play JJ this weekend.

Because i saw Wallace play.

But we haven't seen Jeremy play against D1 defenses. So we really don't know if he is the best option or not. We have to rely on the Coaches to make that decision.

Because i saw Wallace play.

But we haven't seen Jeremy play against D1 defenses. So we really don't know if he is the best option or not. We have to rely on the Coaches to make that decision.

I agree with you around4ever. There is a reason why NM won the job. It was because he is the best QB we have right now. Like you said, if JJ was this superb QB everyone makes him out to be, then he would have either won the job or would have seen the field already...

But the Coaches are so impressed with JJ they are going to play him and not redshirt him. And that is the best option.If not,then the coaches have spoken and i will be ok with that.

From what I've heard JJ is a phenomenal talent. Pro type arm already. I think whether we redshirt him or not may be irrelevant as to how many years he's on the plains.

Nobody is saying JJ is greater than Marshall..We are saying he is better than Wallace.

JW was the first QB to be moved out of the QB competition in the fall. He was almost immediately moved to spend time holding for kicks.

You guys just do not understand how close Gus was to naming JJ the starter. The kid is an awesome QB in practice. It is time to see what he can do with he lights on.

We are not wasting a year of his career. He is a 3 year player no matter how we slice it.

If JJ starts, it has nothing to do with NM's injury severity. It is because JJ is the second string QB.

From what I've heard JJ is a phenomenal talent. Pro type arm already. I think whether we redshirt him or not may be irrelevant as to how many years he's on the plains.

We have all heard this. But, again, if he is the best QB on campus, why isn't he already playing. Coach Malzahn has proven that he is willing to play a Freshman, ie: Frazier, Dyer, and this year, Davis and Stevens, if he feels they are ready and capable.

If JJ starts, it has nothing to do with NM's injury severity. It is because JJ is the second string QB.

I respectfullly disagree with this. If NM was definitely going to be ready for TAMU without any lingering injury issues for later games there is absolutely 0 reason to burn JJ's redshirt for only a cupcake like WCU. As has been said a number of times, JW was #2 as long as NM is healthy. The moment NM is unhealthy for an extended period of time JJ is #2, or #1 while NM is out.

I respectfullly disagree with this. If NM was definitely going to be ready for TAMU there is absolutely 0 reason to burn JJ's redshirt for only a cupcake like WCU. As has been said a number of times, JW was #2 as long as NM is healthy. The moment NM is unhealthy for an extended period of time JJ is #2, or #1 while NM is out.

Good post skellitor. I agree.

So is this brace consistent with that injury ?

BWEXA3mCEAQaMSY.jpg

yes sir. It is their to keep his patella from moving around and causing anymore damage, as well as to help the swelling go down...

We have all heard this. But, again, if he is the best QB on campus, why isn't he already playing. Coach Malzahn has proven that he is willing to play a Freshman, ie: Frazier, Dyer, and this year, Davis and Stevens, if he feels they are ready and capable.

From what I have heard from a very reliable person it is because NM is a bit more knowledgable in key areas, as expected, due to JJ being a freshman.

I'm not saying jj should be starting over nm. I'm just saying that he has a pro arm right now according to more than a few people. Jaws often drop at practice for those who see him throw for the first time.

Obviously, this means nothing until he proves it on a SEC field.

Archived