Nick Marshall with tendonitis - QB rotation?

Ryan Sanders

Not trying to be rude, but how would the ex-coach of Jax St. be privy to such guarded information as Nick Marshall's ability to play this weekend, and also be allowed to share that information with his wife, much less on social media????

Jack Crowe was an assistant under Coach Dye back in the mid 80's. He probably sits with Pat each morning at the truck stop on Wire Rd. gathering knowledge from the soothsayer.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are speculating on speculation now. Can't wait for Saturday!

Bottom line - this whole JJ playing time has certainly thrown a few wrinkles in TAM's defensive strategy and preparation.

We are speculating on speculation now. Can't wait for Saturday!

Bottom line - this whole JJ playing time has certainly thrown a few wrinkles in TAM's defensive strategy and preparation.

aTm has a defense?

I kid I kid

This is a palms to forehead thread. Even SEVERE tendonitis (i.e. tendon inflamation) pain fairly easily remedied for the short term (i.e. the length of a football game or practice). It's virtually always the product of improper mechanics during repetitive movement. If it's in the legs, the shoes are virtually always the cause...even bad gaits are shoe-correctable. Leg/foot tendonitis is usually in amateur marathon runners. I'm assuming his "tendonitis" is not in the elbow since everybody here's talking about it effecting his running...elbow or shoulder tendonitis is REALLY bad for a QB. MOST competitive athletes in MOST sports experience fairly severe tendonitis off & on and it's been responding well to simple treatments for over 50 years.

This is either a bogus or mislabeled "diagnosis" (e.g. it's a torn or hyperextended tendon but it keeps the competition guessing to call it tenonitis) or we need to get a new sports doctor on staff.

Having had tendonitis in a knee before...there were times where anything short of a quartizone shot would be useless....and I wouldn't suggest quartizone for the sake of knee health in the future...*shrugs*....the only real medicine that fixed mine was light weight high rep workouts with physical therapists and rest :-/

You might be right but with my elbow, my ortho said...take the shot for now to get some relief....but long term, rest and the workout is the only longer term cure. When I asked how long...he said maybe 9 to 12 months for it to fully go away if you rest it and so some re-hab. I did what he said...and he was right in my case.

When offensive coordinator at Auburn, Crowe was asked why he didn't get the ball to Bo out in the flat on a swing pass. His response was he didn't want to risk an injury to Jackson in a one on one situation. Like a 175 pound cornerback was going to hurt the 222 lb Jackson.

When offensive coordinator at Auburn, Crowe was asked why he didn't get the ball to Bo out in the flat on a swing pass. His response was he didn't want to risk an injury to Jackson in a one on one situation. Like a 175 pound cornerback was going to hurt the 222 lb Jackson.

Crowe was the original Nallsminger/Tony Franklin/Loeffler OC at AU.

wde

Crowe was the original Nallsminger/Tony Franklin/Loeffler OC at AU.

wde

Yup.

I have seen many knees destroyed by 175 pound cornerbacks on this play because the running back is trying to catch the ball and not in a position to take the hit at the knees.

I think we are fine either way but let me tell you as crazy as people have been this week trying to make a QB controversy when there isn't one, if NM can't go and we win with JJ playing well in that case we will in deed have a QB controversy.

This is a palms to forehead thread. Even SEVERE tendonitis (i.e. tendon inflamation) pain fairly easily remedied for the short term (i.e. the length of a football game or practice). It's virtually always the product of improper mechanics during repetitive movement. If it's in the legs, the shoes are virtually always the cause...even bad gaits are shoe-correctable. Leg/foot tendonitis is usually in amateur marathon runners. I'm assuming his "tendonitis" is not in the elbow since everybody here's talking about it effecting his running...elbow or shoulder tendonitis is REALLY bad for a QB. MOST competitive athletes in MOST sports experience fairly severe tendonitis off & on and it's been responding well to simple treatments for over 50 years.

This is either a bogus or mislabeled "diagnosis" (e.g. it's a torn or hyperextended tendon but it keeps the competition guessing to call it tenonitis) or we need to get a new sports doctor on staff.

Having had tendonitis in a knee before...there were times where anything short of a quartizone shot would be useless....and I wouldn't suggest quartizone for the sake of knee health in the future...*shrugs*....the only real medicine that fixed mine was light weight high rep workouts with physical therapists and rest :-/

You might be right but with my elbow, my ortho said...take the shot for now to get some relief....but long term, rest and the workout is the only longer term cure. When I asked how long...he said maybe 9 to 12 months for it to fully go away if you rest it and so some re-hab. I did what he said...and he was right in my case.

That's my experience (several times). A cortisone injection provides almost miraculous short term relief but that is all. In a day or two, the pain is back.

And inflammation can occur as a result of injury as well as repetitive strain. I once strained or tore my calf muscle and developed "compartment syndrome" in the whole leg, which is an inflammation of the fascia. It was excruciatingly painful.

All inflammations are painful. But this may or may not be one he can play with. Personally, I don't like the idea of Nick playing with such an injury considering his main threat is running.

ditto ... (for the not ringing true)

plus ... I have been cautioned about using an injury, if cortisone relieved the pain, as this indicates a soft tissue injury and one that further use would exacerbate.

Tendonitis just doesn't ring true. He landed funny after leaping, and he came up hobbled. That's not how you get tendonitis.

It is how I got it in my knee........I got it in my shoulder by sleeping on it wrong one night caused the inflamation in the tendons around the rotator cuff etc :(....took a year to get over....

Tendonitis just doesn't ring true. He landed funny after leaping, and he came up hobbled. That's not how you get tendonitis.

It is how I got it in my knee........I got it in my shoulder by sleeping on it wrong one night caused the inflamation in the tendons around the rotator cuff etc :(....took a year to get over....

Same shoulder issue....and same recovery...except anytime I sleep on it I pay the price. Injured tendons seem hard to get rid of. Elbow tendon about same recovery but the shot kept the pain away for several months and by the time the cortisone had "worn off" and I had followed the Dr's recommendations, it was pretty well on the way to being healed.

Seems there are lots of ways to strain/damage a tendon and the recovery is not quick.....so if that's Nick's problem, seems someone will have to decide whether he will temporarily cover up the pain and "live with it" until the end of the season....which I bet is what will happen.

Just get a quartizone shot. ;D

Yeah I butchered the spelling of that haha!

a WHOLE quart of i zoneeeeeeee....I shoulda stayed at a holiday inn

:laugh: Don't worry, I actually admitted to going to a Manilow concert with my wife. Will never live that one down.

:laugh: Don't worry, I actually admitted to going to a Manilow concert with my wife. Will never live that one down.

something you'd need :) quart for

Can't believe you actually brought that up!! Any posts that follow, from the likes of bigbird, golf, aroundforever, et.al. are totally your doing!!

Archived