2014 5* OT David Sharpe (Florida signee)

ellitor

Agree. E's completely over-the-top anal retentive (I love you, brother, but you know it's true!), and apparently, pops is a Major Major at blowing things out of proportion.

For the record, I appreciated both observations. pops pointed out Sharpe's decline on the recruiting sites (it wasn't a 92 spot drop as his post indicated, but it was a 10 spot drop on the composite, which is still pretty steep this late in the game), and E pointed out that 247 is still worlds higher on him than almost everyone else. From my standpoint, both of those were interesting observations. Breath fellas.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree. E's completely over-the-top anal retentive (I love you, brother, but you know it's true!)

I know that's the perception of me based on my previous posting history but I have been very conscious of that in my posts and tried to change that perception. This next is a reflective statement and not meant negative in any way. I guess when you get yourself branded a certain way it's hard to get that brand off.

Guys, seriously? We are talking about 17-18 year old kids. Calm down. As for who has this many stars or that many stars or ranked this or that it doesn't matter. Look at their offer list and that usually tells you all you need to know about a prospect. Have a good day. War Eagle!!

Agree. E's completely over-the-top anal retentive (I love you, brother, but you know it's true!)

I know that's the perception of me based on my previous posting history but I have been very conscious of that in my posts and tried to change that perception. This next is a reflective statement and not meant negative in any way. I guess when you get yourself branded a certain way it's hard to get that brand off.

Sadly, it's nearly impossible when your only form of communication is online, as everyone reads what you write with their own perception flavoring it.

+1

With Mel Kiper trying to convince Greg Robinson to leave early for the NFL, I would definitely not regret bringing in another talented OT to start learning the system!

+1

With Mel Kiper trying to convince Greg Robinson to leave early for the NFL, I would definitely not regret bringing in another talented OT to start learning the system!

i can see why a lot of juniors and even redshirt sophomores would go this year. If you look at the draft class this year and look what it would be if it was only seniors it's really weak

OK, guys, I have ellitor officially on ignore. But to start over, and clarify my simple, one line post. I contacted the PTBs at 247, and they had David Sharpe listed INCORRECTLY on the 247 Composite at #10 as recently as two weeks ago. In truth, he was listed as #92 and dropped to 102 as of the latest evaluation. The folks at 247 realize, sometimes in their haste to be the first, make errors as we all do. My post, because Sharpe has been a hot item lately, was to make you aware that interest in him has dropped considerably by a widespread bunch of experts. Our interest remains "tepid", but to consider him a "take" at this point might be stretching it. As with anything in recruiting, things change daily. Anyway, what started out as a simple one-liner designed to inform, has turned into a pissing contest that, frankly, I do not to wish to repeat. If you are interested in any specific recruiting info, please PM me as I won' be providing anymore on the general site. Thanks to all.

Don't punish the rest of the board because of one person...

^^^THIS. Pops, you are a vital part of this board and forum. Just because you and I can't get along does not mean the rest of the board has to suffer. We will just not reply to each other. It's a

What-just-happened.gif

s simple as that. If you leave then that's not fair to the rest of the board. That would leave WDEWDE as the only insider left. If you leave the recruiting part of this forum becomes a waist land. Don't punish them for out disagreements.

OK, guys, I have ellitor officially on ignore. But to start over, and clarify my simple, one line post. I contacted the PTBs at 247, and they had David Sharpe listed INCORRECTLY on the 247 Composite at #10 as recently as two weeks ago. In truth, he was listed as #92 and dropped to 102 as of the latest evaluation. The folks at 247 realize, sometimes in their haste to be the first, make errors as we all do. My post, because Sharpe has been a hot item lately, was to make you aware that interest in him has dropped considerably by a widespread bunch of experts. Our interest remains "tepid", but to consider him a "take" at this point might be stretching it. As with anything in recruiting, things change daily. Anyway, what started out as a simple one-liner designed to inform, has turned into a pissing contest that, frankly, I do not to wish to repeat. If you are interested in any specific recruiting info, please PM me as I won' be providing anymore on the general site. Thanks to all.

Don't punish the rest of the board because of one person...

^^^THIS. Pops, you are a vital part of this board and forum. Just because you and I can't get along does not mean the rest of the board has to suffer. We will just not reply to each other. It's as simple as that. If you leave then that's not fair to the rest of the board. That would leave WDEWDE as the only insider left. If you leave the recruiting part of this forum becomes a waist land. Don't punish them for out disagreements.

What-just-happened.gif

Now that's funny!

Archived