2014 5* OT David Sharpe (Florida signee)

ellitor

Ancient history, Mikey! ;)

We've played them in Knoxville twice since 2000. Both games were fairly dead crowds. 2004 was a graveyard.

"To ignore history is to repeat it." Some famous guy said that.

Your famous in my book Mikey... :comfort: Now that and a buck might get you a Toomer's lemonaide!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ancient history, Mikey! ;)

We've played them in Knoxville twice since 2000. Both games were fairly dead crowds. 2004 was a graveyard.

"To ignore history is to repeat it." Some famous guy said that.

Not only have we played them only twice since 2000, we've played there just three times since 1990, which is also the year that the oldest player on the team (Melvin Ray) was born. No, there is no reason to ignore history, but recent history bodes fairly well for us...

Sharpe's crystal ball is blowing up today with picks to seemingly everyone else but us (FSU, UT, and UF) have all gotten picks today. Did he announce a commit date soon or something?

This kid isn't anywhere near as highly regarded by coaches as he is by 247. In this instance Rivals' 3* rating is probably a lot more accurate; the variance between Rivals and 247 is ridiculous.

He doesn't seem to be sold out on Football is the big issue. He wants to play basketball real bad and that turns most folks off. (i.e. JJ's rankings last year were affected on some sites) UTk would be my guess since he was JUST there and obviously saw how bad they are. That is his other "want", early PT, which I doubt he gets unless he gets his body ready. He has skills, it just seems like he might also be "high maintenance" IYAM.

This kid isn't anywhere near as highly regarded by coaches as he is by 247. In this instance Rivals' 3* rating is probably a lot more accurate; the variance between Rivals and 247 is ridiculous.

Agreed that 5 * is too high but 3* is too low too. I never thought I would say it but ESPN and Scout probably have it right at 4*. He is a solid prospect. His football ability is not in question. The reason he is not a take for a number of schools is because he expects to play football and basketball and he is pretty much demanding PT when he steps on campus somewhere.

UT seems to be his highest interest. Interesting in that, after Cory Thomas committed over the weekend, they are now at 30, which was supposed to be their maximum. They had talked 32 at one time, but backed off to 30, so I don't know if that has changed. But they have at least 5 or 6 more they are hard after. Also interesting that they accepted a commit from a kid that we didn't give a commitable offer.

Agreed that 5 * is too high but 3* is too low too. I never thought I would say it but ESPN and Scout probably have it right at 4*. He is a solid prospect. His football ability is not in question. The reason he is not a take for a number of schools is because he expects to play football and basketball and he is pretty much demanding PT when he steps on campus somewhere.

Things that look interesting: He dropped from #10 to #102 in latest 247 evaluations. That is a huge drop.

Things that look interesting: He dropped from #10 to #102 in latest 247 evaluations. That is a huge drop.

10 overall is his 247 only rating. 102 is his overall composite rating. Look at the top right of his profile page. Link

10 overall is his 247 only rating. 102 is his overall composite rating. Look at the top right of his profile page. Link

There you ago again. Just help yourself, can you? Grow up!! You look closer. He was rated #10, now # 102, and it doesn't make a rat's ass where it came from. Please quit responding to my post. You are becoming more irrevelent every day, and don't tell me to take it to PM.

There you ago again. Just help yourself, can you? Grow up!! You look closer. He was rated #10, now # 102, and it doesn't make a rat's ass where it came from. Please quit responding to my post. You are becoming more irrevelent every day, and don't tell me to take it to PM.

With all do respect Pops. Sharpe is still #10 on the CURRENT 247 ratings. here they are He is 102 on the composite ratings. Here they are Trust me me I do not want to or like to reply to your posts the way you have been lately but I try to make this forum as accurate as possible and when you make simple fundamental mishaps like this and a few other times recently I have no choice but to reply and correct the info. I am tired of you trying to publicly pick fights with me the way you have recently. If you choose to reply do it via PM otherwise this side show is over.

With all do respect Pops. Sharpe is still #10 on the CURRENT 247 ratings. here they are He is 102 on the composite ratings. Here they are Trust me me I do not want to or like to reply to your posts the way you have been lately but I try to make this forum as accurate as possible and when you make simple fundamental mishaps like this and a few other times recently I have no choice but to reply and correct the info. I am tired of you trying to publicly pick fights with me the way you have recently and furthermore I am almost as tired of nobody having my back except WEAU when you make simple and clear mishaps and attack me the way you do. If you choose to reply do it via PM otherwise this side show is over.

There is no misstep in my post. I merely stated that the latest 247 rating had a big drop, WHICH WAS THE POINT!! I did not specify 247 composite or individual . As for missteps, my friend, your inaccuracies are mounting every day, and you have become a liability to this site from a recruiting standpoint. Get your act together before you ruin this site!! I will not respond to you via Pm because I think it's important to call you out in front of the full membership; and you're right this sideshow is over, by my terms.

There was no drop to 102. Sharpe has been there for a long time on the 247 composite because Rivals has had him a 3* for a long time. And there was nothing to call me out on. You made the mistake, not me, even though I have my share.

I hate to say this but it's probably best if we put each other on our ignore list in our settings from now on. My blood pressure does not need this and I am sure yours don't either.

E, I for one enjoy the info you provide. You, Stat and a couple others are the main reason I come on this site. I also follow you on twitter (@russellbrigby). I do not know what is going on between you and pops but I agree that if he has an issue with you he should add you to the ignore list. We are all Auburn fans here and should be able to treat each other with respect, if not, there are other forums. Carry on, the kid looks good and if the coaches are sold on him I hope he comes, that is all that I will say! WAR DAMN EAGLE!

E, I for one enjoy the info you provide. You, Stat and a couple others are the main reason I come on this site. I also follow you on twitter (@russellbrigby). I do not know what is going on between you and pops but I agree that if he has an issue with you he should add you to the ignore list. We are all Auburn fans here and should be able to treat each other with respect, if not, there are other forums. Carry on, the kid looks good and if the coaches are sold on him I hope he comes, that is all that I will say! WAR DAMN EAGLE!

This is the way I see it also.

OK, guys, I have ellitor officially on ignore. But to start over, and clarify my simple, one line post. I contacted the PTBs at 247, and they had David Sharpe listed INCORRECTLY on the 247 Composite at #10 as recently as two weeks ago. In truth, he was listed as #92 and dropped to 102 as of the latest evaluation. The folks at 247 realize, sometimes in their haste to be the first, make errors as we all do. My post, because Sharpe has been a hot item lately, was to make you aware that interest in him has dropped considerably by a widespread bunch of experts. Our interest remains "tepid", but to consider him a "take" at this point might be stretching it. As with anything in recruiting, things change daily. Anyway, what started out as a simple one-liner designed to inform, has turned into a pissing contest that, frankly, I do not to wish to repeat. If you are interested in any specific recruiting info, please PM me as I won' be providing anymore on the general site. Thanks to all.

Pops, I did not mean anything disrespectful to you in my post! I, as well as everyone else I am sure, would be greatful for any recuiting info that you have and are willing to share. I come to this site to interact with fellow Auburn fans, living in Mobile I do not get a lot of interaction with Auburn Fans and definitely do not have any inside info and it sounds like many of you live in Auburn or have close ties to people that do so info seems to come more quickly. Please do not be offended and quit sharing information you may possess with everyone on my account.

OK, guys, I have ellitor officially on ignore. But to start over, and clarify my simple, one line post. I contacted the PTBs at 247, and they had David Sharpe listed INCORRECTLY on the 247 Composite at #10 as recently as two weeks ago. In truth, he was listed as #92 and dropped to 102 as of the latest evaluation. The folks at 247 realize, sometimes in their haste to be the first, make errors as we all do. My post, because Sharpe has been a hot item lately, was to make you aware that interest in him has dropped considerably by a widespread bunch of experts. Our interest remains "tepid", but to consider him a "take" at this point might be stretching it. As with anything in recruiting, things change daily. Anyway, what started out as a simple one-liner designed to inform, has turned into a pissing contest that, frankly, I do not to wish to repeat. If you are interested in any specific recruiting info, please PM me as I won' be providing anymore on the general site. Thanks to all.

Don't punish the rest of the board because of one person...

Oh and Elliott is right. 247 has him ranked #10 overall, 5 star. The composite ranking is #102 (largely due to rivals). Rivals think Sharpe is an excellent prospect and he will be bumped to high 4 star which should help his composite ranking significantly.

Don't punish the rest of the board because of one person...

^^^THIS. Pops, you are a vital part of this board and forum. Just because you and I can't get along does not mean the rest of the board has to suffer. We will just not reply to each other. It's as simple as that. If you leave then that's not fair to the rest of the board. That would leave WDEWDE as the only insider left. If you leave the recruiting part of this forum becomes a waist land. Don't punish them for out disagreements.

Archived