2014 5* OT David Sharpe (Florida signee)

ellitor

I noticed rivals only has him as a 3*. Big difference from 247.

Yup! Rivals is the outlier here based on his offer list and other sites' ratings.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4_1113437.jpg

Jacksonville, FL (Providence)

Ht: 6-6 | Wt: 288

Auburn offered today per his twitter

17 BCS offers including 8 from the SEC

Lead Recruiter: Rodney Garner

Secondary: J.B. Grimes

Been selected to play in the 2014 U.S. Army All-American Bowl

Auburn has a legit shot here if they recruit him the right way.

Highlights Page

Stars

247 5

composite 4

Rivals 3

ESPN High 4

Scout 4

What's the right way to recruit him?

Money, Dodge Chargers, Women, and an unlimited amount of drugs and booze!! (Just kidding.)

BG?

Is that you?

You REALLY know how to hurt a guy!! To compare me to that arse hole, is the ultimate diss. But since you a great Auburn, I'll let it go. lol

E, is this strictly a numbers thing or do you think there are some character issues here? It seems very strange that a 5* OT isn't a take for FSU or FLA right now.

No word of any character issues. UF, FSU, and UGA have very limited spots and appear to not need an OT right now. Also quality staffs do not base their evals on recruiting sites. It's possible some coaching staffs do not have sharpe as high on their boards as 247 and ESPN rates him.

Also, sometimes the kid is not totally comfortable with what they are offering. Early playing time is very important to him, which puts us at a disadvantage as compared to the likes of Tennessee.

E, is this strictly a numbers thing or do you think there are some character issues here? It seems very strange that a 5* OT isn't a take for FSU or FLA right now.

No word of any character issues. UF, FSU, and UGA have very limited spots and appear to not need an OT right now. Also quality staffs do not base their evals on recruiting sites. It's possible some coaching staffs do not have sharpe as high on their boards as 247 and ESPN rates him.

Also, sometimes the kid is not totally comfortable with what they are offering. Early playing time is very important to him, which puts us at a disadvantage as compared to the likes of Tennessee.

Yup! We are gonna have to convince him that we feel G-Rob will leave early for the draft.

So does this mean he would play LT and Carr play guard i think Carr is better at guard and this kid tackle

Your un-hatched eggs...? Don't count them yet!

Where does the 5* come from. I believe he's a 3* on Rivals. Never mind I see 5* on 247.

Where does the 5* come from. I believe he's a 3* on Rivals. Never mind I see 5* on 247.

LMAO! And I posted the stars from all 4 sites in the OP.

I thought we were using the 247 composite ranking for the thread titles?

LMAO, I caught that as well. Can one be anally retentive towards oneself?? hah

Yeah but it's more fun to call him a 5*! Personally I'd list Tre as a 5* too, but I know rules are rules.

I finally stop being anal and ya'll complain? Sheesh lol

Yeah but you started the thread, lol! Follow your own rules E!

That's me changing the rules to coinside with what the audience wants

Yeah but you started the thread, lol! Follow your own rules E!��

I think you should add a sixth star....call it the E rating. Then we can claim the first composite six star player in the country. Give fans big numbers they love it. You might have a career in politics before this is over.

Yeah but you started the thread, lol! Follow your own rules E!��

That comment I made about Tre's title having a 5* was more satirical than anything else. Doesn't make any difference to me either way - didn't want to sound like I was pushing. Just having fun taking a jab :poke:

Although with Tre getting his 5* on scout this may all be a moot point

I finally stop being anal and ya'll complain? Sheesh lol

Not complaining, just seizing the opportunity to poke fun, bud. :)

It could be good that David will be in Knoxville on Saturday on a visit.

Or maybe not. I've been to Knoxville a number of times and will be there again Saturday. Anybody that expects anything other than a dogfight until the last seconds isn't familiar with the situation.

Meh. I've been to see a dogfight, and I've been to see a silent crowd getting beaten down. If we start well, it'll kill the crowd.

Or maybe not. I've been to Knoxville a number of times and will be there again Saturday. Anybody that expects anything other than a dogfight until the last seconds isn't familiar with the situation.

If we don't turn the ball over it won't be a dog fight. We will have to play our worst game of the year for the Vols to have a chance.

I hope you aren't suggesting that Neyland Stadium is going to give them the boost to play even with us...remember how we blasted them out of the stadium in 04? And that was a REALLY good Tennessee team, too. They lost three games, and two of them were to us.

Now, that having been said, I don't think we'll have a repeat of the 04 game, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a dogfight...but I would be less surprised to see Auburn pull away somewhere around the end of the third quarter or beginning of the fourth quarter.

Meh. I've been to see a dogfight, and I've been to see a silent crowd getting beaten down. If we start well, it'll kill the crowd.

I've been going to AU/UT games since 1967. We "silenced the crowd" up there in 1983 and 2004. That ain't much silence for all those games.

Ancient history, Mikey! ;)

We've played them in Knoxville twice since 2000. Both games were fairly dead crowds. 2004 was a graveyard.

Ancient history, Mikey! ;)

We've played them in Knoxville twice since 2000. Both games were fairly dead crowds. 2004 was a graveyard.

"To ignore history is to repeat it." Some famous guy said that.

Archived