When is a win not a win?

Raven_tiger

I don't think we dropped in the polls because we didn't have style points. I think it has more to do with the first half of Saturday's game...probably the worst half of football we've played all year. Of course, the 3 up the middle's and punt only to let uat score again sure didn't help...

I don't think we dropped in the polls because we didn't have style points.  I think it has more to do with the first half of Saturday's game...probably the worst half of football we've played all year.  Of course, the 3 up the middle's and punt only to let uat score again sure didn't help...

125116[/snapback]

I don't know which three and out you are speaking of, but on our final drive(before the glorious kneel down drive) we threw the ball to Silas Daniels on third down and picked up the first down. On the next play when they stopped Carnell or Ronnie(I can't remember which), we were in obvious passing situations, so it made no sense to pass when all we had to do was let the clock run.

I'm amazed that a thread has been started to dump on our win over Bama.

Oh wait, Raven started it. Sorry, I'm no longer amazed.

There was 4 minutes left in the game and all we did was burn 2 minutes trying to run the ball. All we had to do was keep the chains moving. But we punted instead and went to the soft prevent...

You can't say that the first half of that game wasn't the worst football we've played all year...not a slam on our win, it's just the truth.

I don't think we dropped in the polls because we didn't have style points.  I think it has more to do with the first half of Saturday's game...probably the worst half of football we've played all year.  Of course, the 3 up the middle's and punt only to let uat score again sure didn't help...

125116[/snapback]

I don't know which three and out you are speaking of, but on our final drive(before the glorious kneel down drive) we threw the ball to Silas Daniels on third down and picked up the first down. On the next play when they stopped Carnell or Ronnie(I can't remember which), we were in obvious passing situations, so it made no sense to pass when all we had to do was let the clock run.

125120[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

125116[/snapback]

125120[/snapback]

How do you pass on 3rd and 7(obvious passing situation), pick up 11 yards to Silas. 2 plays later, 3rd and 10, we just run CW into the line??? How does that make sense???

3 straight runs, to eat the clock, with over 8 minutes left to play. Apparently we left plenty of time on the clock for Pennington (star QB that he is) to move UAT 86 yards down the field in 2:16. :blink::blink:

A win is a win. We are 11-0. But not beating Bama by a larger margin cost us in both polls and may have cost us the chance to play for a NC. That's the gist of it. Who will dispute that?

I'm not questioning your opinion or loyalty to Auburn nor am I saying that you are wrong. Opinions are never wrong, just not the same. I do realize that this might be the only chance or the best chance of us winning the MNC under Tuberville but I don't think it's fair to criticize this team or coaches after going 11-0. Even if we finish #2 in the country, there will be 115 other teams who would have enjoyed our season. I also believe that this team has proven they can beat ANYONE in the country and I don't need a poll to tell me otherwise.

"Second (2nd) place is the first loser."

Dale Earnhart

First and foremost, I am not criticizing the players. But I think that Tubby went too conservative and it cost us in the polls.

Do you think that we moved up to #2 in the AP last week because we played a good game against UGA??? No, it was because we dominated the #5 ranked 8-2 Bulldogs. When we win a game by 8pts, against an unranked 6-4 team, that is not an IMPRESSIVE win. Hence the drop in both the polls. Heck USC beat Bama by 17 pts earlier in the season. :blink:

:au:

You could be right Raven. An eight point victory may have cost us in the polls. I'll give you that much.. All hail to Raven.

Now, that being said, I'm quite sure that if our trying to get another score would have led to a turnover or fumble or something that they scored on. You would be the first one in here saying CTT was an idiot and crap like that for not sitting on the ball.

I'll take the 11-0 and let the chips fall where they may. Nice job CTT and staff.

To answer the question.."When is a win not a win"?..... N E V E R ! ! ! !

WAR EAGLE....We absolutely O W N JH west ! ! ! ! ! :au:

O N E at a time. :au:

An eight point victory may have cost us in the polls. Any voter that penalized AUBURN because of an eight point VICTORY over ALABAMA, has absolutely no idea, has no conception just how heated the AUBURN vs. ALABAMA rivalry is. Any voter that stupid should not be voting.

The AUBURN vs. ALABAMA rivalry is the top rivalry anywhere, in any sport. Ohio St - Michigan does not measure up! Oklahoma - Texas = light weight. SOCAL - UCLA -pass the wine please. FSU - Miami = good games, but not even close.

:au::au::au::au::au::au:

Archived