Flipping from Bama

GaTigerFan

I've followed AU recruiting for about 30 years... but I honestly can't remember if any recruit that was committed to Bama changed his mind and actually signed with Auburn. Does anyone know? Has AU ever flipped one from Bama?

Wasn't Bo a Bama fan and they thought they had him committed?

No. He felt disrespected when they said he would not play til his junior year as opposed to Auburn saying he would get a chance as a freshman.

No. He felt disrespected when they said he would not play til his junior year as opposed to Auburn saying he would get a chance as a freshman.

This, plus the turds sent assistant coaches, not the chief redneck, alcoholic, bear himself and AU's Pat Dye went and talked to Bo and his mother more than once. The alcoholic did call Bo on the phone but didn't visit.

Bo and family were impressed by the fact, while at AU, he would be given a chance to compete as a Freshmen and it was AU's head coach saying this, not an assistant.

Plus they wanted him on defense

Now that one I haven't heard. So one of the greatest, if not the greatest running backs in history was wanted on D by the bear; unreal!

UAT recruited Bo as DB and LB.

Man would he had been a great DB or LB.

No... Bo didn't like to hit or get hit!

Don't get me wrong, he would wreck some defenders if he had to, but preferred to beat somebody to the edge. Plus, defense requires too much preparation... Bo didn't like to practice!

That's what made him great... Nothing but natural, raw, God-given talent!

What about Corey Grant. Signed with Bama and transfered to AU

Not a true flip since he signed and was there a year.

Better than a flip, he went he saw, he left and came to the good guys.

My stepdad played high school football and baseball at McAdory with Bo. Sadly he is a diehard bam that doesn't share many stories.. He told me when scouts came out one time to get a 40 time he stood straight up like a receiver and the gentlemen asked if he'd like to get down in runner's stance he said, "what for?" And was serious

This, plus the turds sent assistant coaches, not the chief redneck, alcoholic, bear himself and AU's Pat Dye went and talked to Bo and his mother more than once. The alcoholic did call Bo on the phone but didn't visit.

Bo and family were impressed by the fact, while at AU, he would be given a chance to compete as a Freshmen and it was AU's head coach saying this, not an assistant.

Dye wasn't the main coach recruiting Bo at all. It was Ken Donahue

Dye wasn't the main coach recruiting Bo at all. It was Ken Donahue

Coach Pat Dye did visit Bo and his Mom at least twice during Bo's recruitment. Bo was really close to his Mom.

When the NY Yankee's Stienbrenner wanted to sign Bo to a baseball contract out of high school and Bo said "No" Bo's Mom was asked what she thought of her High School son turning down all that money? Bo's Mom responded I've lived thirty some years without any of Mr Stienbrenner's money, why do I need it now?

Archived