5 things

Wareagletd

This is my list of 5 things that Auburn must need to happen if Auburn wants to win the Iron Bowl. Post your thoughts.

1) Must convert at least 40-50% of 3rd downs. If Auburn can do this, then we have a good shot at winning. Converting on 3rd down will keep our offense on the field and increase our chances of scoring. Auburn must also keep Bama's 3rd down conversion percentage to 30-35%. Must get them off the field.

2) Must score TD's when we get into the red zone. Field goals will not cut it. When you get into the red zone, you must be able to punch it in.

3) Do not lose the TO margin. If Auburn loses the TO margin, our chances of winning declines dramatically. We also must take advantage of Bama's mistakes and score TD's off of their TO's.

4) No more than 7 penalties. We are going to face a great team, possibly the best we've faced all year. We cannot shoot ourselves in the foot and expect to win. The 4th quarter of the UGA game, we had too many mental mistakes. Cannot happen this week.

5) We cannot have more than 3 dropped passes and no more than 5 missed open field tackles. When the QB puts it in your numbers/hands, we must catch it. It's vital. And when you get a one on one battle against a ball carrier, we must wrap up and bring him down or hang on to him until help arrives. Cannot let them break loose and gain further yardage.

These are my thoughts going into the game. If Auburn does all 5 things listed above, Auburn will win. Feel free to comment.

Good list WETD! I'll add:

6. Let's rough up their receivers, re-route them to screw up their timing and give our DL a split second longer to get to McCryon.

7. Jordan-Hare must be wild. I expect a minimum of 5 false starts and 2 timeouts wasted before delays. :)

Good list WETD! I'll add:

6. Let's rough up their receivers, re-route them to screw up their timing and give our DL a split second longer to get to McCryon.

7. Jordan-Hare must be wild. insanely Loud I expect a minimum of 5 false starts and 2 timeouts wasted before delays. :)

little help

I'm wondering why we're only allowed 3 dropped passes. :S

Lol. You must catch passes. Dropped passes have killed our drives/momentum. Need to keep those at a minimum.

Not worried about stadium they will be stoked...let's hope the players come out and hit them in the mouth from the start and let them know they (updykes) gonna be in for a stone cold fight for 4qtrs....

Guest jojo1515

Not worried about stadium they will be stoked...let's hope the players come out and hit them in the mouth from the start and let them know they (updykes) gonna be in for a stone cold fight for 4qtrs....

Better yet, lets get up by so many points in 3 quarters (42 or so should do) that the 4th doesn't even matter!

Better yet, lets get up by so many points in 3 quarters (42 or so should do) that the 4th doesn't even matter!

Bingo

Bingo

... enough that Shakespeare quotes, “Bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible.”

All we need to do is play like we have. AJ is a good passer if he has time. If he doesn't he make a lot of stupid mistakes with the ball. Our DL will overpower uat's line. Kujo will not be 100% by then. TJ is only good when he gets a block and gets to the second level. He actually goes down a lot behind the line. Our backs on the other hand have very few negative plays running the ball. We have played all the teams that uat have and have put up more than double the yardage rushing that they have, and we played more of those on the road against the SEC teams that were tough on the road. As far as TO we have done a lot better the last few games. Gus will have a plan. The team will have the heart. And most of all the fans will make JHS a living hell with noise for the "tahd". Make no doubt this team ain't listening to the talking heads or the message boards, they know in their heart, they can and will win this game. WDE

My key question is how we'll stop the short passing game and whether Bammer will try to do the whole game what GA did to us in the 4th quarter. GA had 3 scores and 230 yards just in the 4th doing that.

Archived