AU Basketball is now...

AURules

Just got smoked no defense and no rebounding and weak shooting other than that we were a good team. We need a new coach, no improvement this year and already another player off the team this year same old same old. Wonder if players would be better with one of our assistants leading the team as Tony can't.

Is there some way to keep us off the TV?

Who do I need to contact to make this request?

I'm officially humiliated.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacobs needs to take care of this after this embarrassing season is over.

We need to bring in a basketball coach. Put Sir Charles in charge of the search committee.

You can bring in Coach K and we will still be bad. Until the reigns are taken off and we are allowed to exploit AAU resources, nothing will change.

You can bring in Coach K and we will still be bad. Until the reigns are taken off and we are allowed to exploit AAU resources, nothing will change.

We can fully exploit AAU resources and have been for years. The lone exception is working through Komara in Huntsville, and even then we can contact any of his players through their high schools. There is no other AAU restraint.

We need to bring in a basketball coach. Put Sir Charles in charge of the search committee.

I like Charles Barkley, but he's been to either a basketball scrimmage or game and declared that Tony Barbee will turn AU's basketball program around. I don't know if he's the one who should be heading any kind of committee to search for a new coach. I do think as I've read on another post from someone that getting Chuck Person and John Mengelt on a committee would be great.

I like Charles Barkley, but he's been to either a basketball scrimmage or game and declared that Tony Barbee will turn AU's basketball program around. I don't know if he's the one who should be heading any kind of committee to search for a new coach. I do think as I've read on another post from someone that getting Chuck Person and John Mengelt on a committee would be great.

I think this may be just his way of supporting Auburn. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I frankly don't see the losses because of talent. I could take that. This is a pitiful uncoached blob out there. Barkley said at halftime the other day that we need an identity. So true. I cannot tell what we run as an offense. I don't care if its the Princeton weave. Run an offense. If then we can't do anything you can talk about talent. I'll lose with honor to a team that beats us on talent. But I need to see a team that has been coached first.

I frankly don't see the losses because of talent. I could take that. This is a pitiful uncoached blob out there. Barkley said at halftime the other day that we need an identity. So true. I cannot tell what we run as an offense. I don't care if its the Princeton weave. Run an offense. If then we can't do anything you can talk about talent. I'll lose with honor to a team that beats us on talent. But I need to see a team that has been coached first.

It would be nice to see a strategy of some sort on offense, and bodies flying around on defense. I don't see it here.

Apparently all Barbee learned from Calipari is to recruit a bunch of 5* guys and hand them the ball. But Barbee has never recruited a 5* player, so we've got the wrong guy.

Apparently all Barbee learned from Calipari is to recruit a bunch of 5* guys and hand them the ball. But Barbee has never recruited a 5* player, so we've got the wrong guy.

Shaq Johnson and Jordan Price could have been special, but Barbee messed that up too.

I would be fine with a committee made up of those three guys hiring our next coach. They are more qualified than Jacobs to hire a BB coach for us.

What about giving Chuck Person a shot at the job himself? I know there are plenty of negatives when choosing an alum for the job, but what have we got to lose at this point? He was hired by Phil Jackson and learned under him, and I have seen Kobe quoted as loving him as a coach. Perhaps his years in the NBA as a coach and a player can help us with recruiting.

I would be fine with a committee made up of those three guys hiring our next coach. They are more qualified than Jacobs to hire a BB coach for us.

What about giving Chuck Person a shot at the job himself? I know there are plenty of negatives when choosing an alum for the job, but what have we got to lose at this point? He was hired by Phil Jackson and learned under him, and I have seen Kobe quoted as loving him as a coach. Perhaps his years in the NBA as a coach and a player can help us with recruiting.

I agree we have tried the proven Mid-Major coaching route no success we can't seem to get a big name coach so I think somebody who Bleeds Orange and Blue with a College and Pro playing background and a Pro coaching background would make a great choice.

Blue Chippers might give us a try thinking that he can get them to the next level.

If it means anything, I've seen pickup games in the old student act. where ordinary students outshot barbees men. I love to watch Auburn sports. But knowing we aren't even contenders takes all the fun out of it.

Archived