Southern Mississippi

auskull

Southern Miss wants off the 2005 schedule with Auburn. Who will be available and also beneficial to our schedule? Who would you like to see?

If we've learned anything, it should be this.....

SCREW SoMiss!!!

Why should we be on the chopping block for the sake of a Mid-major's schedule conflict. Move your game against Houston. Don't back out on a whuppin' at Jordan-Hare.

I agree. We don't owe Southern Miss any favors.

If USC, San Jose State, BYU, and Stanford can all adjust their schedules at the last minute so Notre Dame can play (and lose) to BYU before facing Michigan, I don't know why Southern Miss and Houston can't play on another weekend.

If we can't play Southern Miss, then I say play UAB.

It would be interesting if we could schedule somebody from the Big 12 North. I believe their avg record is 5-5 at best. Somebody like Kansas, Iowa, Colorado, or Missouri. We probably would be on TV and get more national attention with less risk.

Maybe it would be good to schedule one of those "great" teams from the PAC10 or BIG12, that made USC and OKLAHOMA's schedule so tough.

Maybe Colorado St (6-5), or BYU (6-5), or Stanford (4-7), or Washington (1-10), or Arizona (2-8), or Missouri (4-6), or Kansas (4-7), or Kansas St. (4-7) or how about Baylor (3-8)? Or possibly Houston (3-8), or Oregon (5-6) or Bowling Green.(8-3)

Louisana community College? ;):D

Well, looking to next year. AU does play GT, a team who could go either way next year. I'd like to see an AU v. TAMU matchup. :D I kinda wonder how many people would yell Roll Tide @ Fran to piss him off. lol

Maybe also:

Cal

MSU

UTEP (why not?)

Utah

Purdue

etc...

Interesting that Southern Miss has on their midfield logo the words, "Anytime, anywhere, any team" meaning they'll usually be happy to play anybody ... except AU next year.

I know of another team who's coach has stated they will go anywhere to play anybody, anytime: Fresno State. Not a creampuff, that's for sure. If we can't get them then let's try to schedule locally: UAB or Troy.

Maybe also:

Cal

MSU

UTEP

Utah

Purdue

126279[/snapback]

My wish list

Oklahoma

U.S.C

Texas

Fla. St.

Michigan

Others I would like to see:

Va Tech

Texas A&M

Oklahoma State

Boston College

Louisville

They ended their contract with us too...next year is the last year we play em... Thier fans say that the only reason we beat them every year is that the SEC refs wont let So Miss win.

Even this year when we beat them by 3 tds...oh well.

Southern Miss has fans??? :huh:

Who knew?

Seriously, I'd love to see us play a couple of reasonably tough OOC games and put either Troy or UAB on there. No reason not to and it would certainly create more interest AND REVENUE than La. Monroe or The Citadel.

Southern Miss has fans??? :huh:

Who knew?

Seriously, I'd love to see us play a couple of reasonably tough OOC games and put either Troy or UAB on there.  No reason not to and it would certainly create more interest AND REVENUE than La. Monroe or The Citadel.

126403[/snapback]

Playing either Troy or UAB would marginally improve AUBURN's strength of schedule. :D

58 Troy

62 UAB

88 Louisiana Tech

115 Louisiana-Monroe

168 Citadel

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt04.htm

Well, Texas A&M is out of the deal. They play Clemson next season. I wished we had kept them (Clemson) on the schedule for 05-06. It would have been nice to beat them in my back yard.

Archived