Coach Golloway's Open Letter

Brad_ATX

Pretty cool and a great idea to honor the baseball history at Auburn.

Dear Auburn Baseball Alumni,

War Eagle! I have quickly learned that it truly is "Great to be an Auburn Tiger"! What a great time to join the Auburn Family! I knew Auburn was a special place when I met Jay Jacobs, Joe Beckwith, and Tim Hudson in the interview process and decided to move my family here, but this fall has been an incredible, eye-opening experience as to what Auburn is really all about. I have met so many passionate fans and alumni that have welcomed my family and me with open arms. Watching Coach Malzahn and the football team's success and seeing the atmosphere in Jordan-Hare Stadium has been an unbelievable experience. I am very excited to get our 2014 baseball season underway and to see our passionate fans fill up Plainsman Park this spring! We had a great fall practice and are focused every day on taking our team to Omaha.

This letter is intended to serve as an open letter to ALL Auburn baseball alumni. As an Auburn Baseball alum, you are an important part of our program. In an effort to reach as many former players, coaches, trainers, and managers as possible, I wanted to send out an open invitation to you all to join us in Auburn for an Auburn Baseball Alumni Reunion Weekend on February 28-March 2, 2014. We will be hosting Presbyterian College that weekend at Plainsman Park in a three-game series. This will give you the opportunity to reunite with your fellow alumni and former teammates as well as see the 2014 Tigers play. As a part of the Reunion Weekend events, there will be a golf tournament on Friday, an alumni baseball game on Saturday morning, and a Reunion Dinner on Saturday night at the Auburn Arena. The details and registration forms for these events are provided for you in an attachment to this letter.

In an effort to communicate effectively with all of our baseball alumni, it is important that we have your most up-to-date information. We have created an e-mail address specifically for communication with our alumni. Whether you can attend the upcoming reunion weekend or not, I would ask that you please take a minute to send an e-mail to aubaseballalumni@auburn.edu with the following information:

-Name

-Participation Years

-Position with the team (Player, coach, manager, trainer, etc.)

-Current address

-Phone number(s)

-E-mail Address

I hope many of you will be able to attend the Reunion Weekend February 28-March 2. Please see the attachments for more information and for your registration form. Please fill out the registration form for the events which you plan to attend and mail them in soon so we can stay on top of the planning process. I know I have already met many of you and look forward to meeting many more of you very soon. Your support is crucial to the success of our program and it is greatly appreciated!

War Eagle!

Sunny Golloway

Head Baseball Coach

Link here

Mods, please change thread title: Galloway = Golloway........ honest mistake, just like Gardner = Garner. Thanks for sharing this great letter, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived