Bowl Game Thread

Stripe

Why in the world is Moo State just not running straight ahead at a much smaller Rice D?? They keep throwing it or running speed options that aren't working. Stupid play calling

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MSU vs Rice.....is that the same as MSU playing someone like Fla Atlantic? ....in a bowl game?

MSU vs Rice.....is that the same as MSU playing someone like Fla Atlantic? ....in a bowl game?

pretty much, except Rice was Conference USA Champ

pretty much, except Rice was Conference USA Champ

And MSU was 6-6......sounds like a fair match I guess. Sounds like an MSU home game and state brought the cowbells ....man that's embarrassing to think you need "noise" in order to handle those intellectual kids from Houston.

Moo State continues to embarrass themselves and the SEC by ringing those stupid cowbells non stop. the refs have got to start called penalities on them durng the game.

Agree....I used to be "live and let live".....and since I haven't been to an AU-MSU in Mississippi since 1963 (where the noise actually cost us the game) I think it was, I haven't thought about it too much....but yep.....it's time for them to go.....keep raising the fines and price them out of the practice...maybe like double it for each subsequent violation....gonna be tough to pay in another couple years.

Meanwhile....is this Lefty's last game at VT ? That offense looks very dreadfully familiar...

UCLA is thumping VT, 28-10 with 11 minutes to go in 4th.

So, will this make the ACC 2-5 in bowl games??

UCLA is thumping VT, 28-10 with 11 minutes to go in 4th.

So, will this make the ACC 2-5 in bowl games??

yep...with a likely loss from duke later tonight ( just not a good matchup )

VA Tech got embarrassed, Duke is next.

Well, Duke had TAMU on the ropes up 38-17 at the half, but TAMU made adjustments on D and got more stops. A couple of picks helped one of which was a fantastic play by the CB. TAMU just went off on O in the 2nd half to win it!

Well, Duke had TAMU on the ropes up 38-17 at the half, but TAMU made adjustments on D and got more stops. A couple of picks helped one of which was a fantastic play by the CB. TAMU just went off on O in the 2nd half to win it!

Was an exciting game to watch, but not one that filled me with glee. I don't like watching an SEC school struggle against Duke.

Was an exciting game to watch, but not one that filled me with glee. I don't like watching an SEC school struggle against Duke.

Well, of course not, but had to know that Duke would score and get yards against TAMU's D.

Question is there a rule that prevents a team from sitting on a lead by just getting delay of games with the clock moving?

Do you honestly not know the answer to this? Of course there is. That would be making a travesty of the game and the white hat has the authority to alter the starting of the game clock should this idiocy happen...

Unfair Clock Tactics

ARTICLE 3. The referee shall order the game clock or play clock started or

stopped whenever either team conserves or consumes playing time by tactics

obviously unfair. This includes starting the game clock on the snap if the foul is

by the team ahead in the score. The game clock will start on the ready-for-play

signal after Team A throws an illegal forward or backward pass to conserve time

(Rule 3-3-2-e-14) (A.R. 3-4-3-I-V).

I don't Claim to know all the rules like you do.

WT doesn't claim to know the rules, he DOES know the rules b/c he is a football official.

Well he doesnt have to grill somebody that doesnt.

He's just trying to educate everyone. ;-)

Archived