Bowl Game Thread

Stripe

As bad as these ACC teams are and how bad they have played, I still won't attempt to draw any conclusions about FSU from them. If I have learned one thing through the years it's that bowl games have a tendency to be unpredictable in how they turn out. You just never know how a team will react to the layoff or how motivated they might be. These things are a crapshoot to put it mildly.

Maybe, but it is tough to not see a theme here!

I agree, and the theme is THE ACC SUCKS!

U said it! Jumbo says he has prepared for a team like us, AU is allot like Clemson.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As bad as these ACC teams are and how bad they have played, I still won't attempt to draw any conclusions about FSU from them. If I have learned one thing through the years it's that bowl games have a tendency to be unpredictable in how they turn out. You just never know how a team will react to the layoff or how motivated they might be. These things are a crapshoot to put it mildly.

Oh no doubt the ACC does suck but does that mean FSU is not as good as advertised? I don't know.

Oh no doubt the ACC does suck but does that mean FSU is not as good as advertised? I don't know.

But you do know, they haven't been tested, their schedule isn't as near as rough as AU, they have never had to come from behind etc... etc...

I hate ND but I (and probably we) will be happy if (longshot) bama gets blown out. Cant blame FSU there. If anything it could play to their favor if they are as good as they think they are. We have about 2 qtrs. per game of film on their actual team playing other teams we could schedule in place of Western Carolina. I seriously doubt they have opened the entire playbook. However - this is typically why the SEC has dominated.

I think your implying and asking 2 different questions.

Is FSU good? Sure they play sound football

Is FSU as good as advertised? I somehow doubt it. Seeing that their conference has the quality of C USA. I somehow highly doubt that FSU is as good as they have been touted to be. but because the entire ACC has played no one so far, we will not know until we see how clemson plays OSU and truly until Auburn plays FSU to really know if FSU is as good as advertised. My guess is no.

MI's run game is horrible. not sure why they even bother to try to run the ball.

KSU's Tyler Lockett single-handedly beating Meeeechigan. 21-6 with 4 minutes or so left in the first half.

This game kind of makes me wonder how good is Ohio State? They struggled mightily against Mich, only to win by a botched 2 point conversion, then they lose by two scores to Mich St.

So if Clemson handles Ohio State, does that really mean Clemson is that good?

But you do know, they haven't been tested, their schedule isn't as near as rough as AU, they have never had to come from behind etc... etc...

I think that was what I just said essentially. Some here want to just dismiss them and think Auburn is going to pound them. Anything is possible but I would not bet on it.

I think UM has 118 total yards, 115 passing, 3 rushing. One RB has 34 yards, another 28, and the QB has -59 yards on 5 carries. Pretty sure all sacks. UL is NOT known for a good D.

Well, statistically they are 3rd in the country in points against at 12.4 per game.

And statistically they have played a SOS around 105

I think that was what I just said essentially. Some here want to just dismiss them and think Auburn is going to pound them. Anything is possible but I would not bet on it.

Because of the SOS it is very hard to get a read on them. I believe they are very good but don't believe they are what the media and their fans think they are.

Because of the SOS it is very hard to get a read on them. I believe they are very good but don't believe they are what the media and their fans think they are.

precisely I really wish I knew what they were. My gut instinct tells me that this is will be an Auburn victory, a hard fought victory, but a victory just the same.

KSU's Tyler Lockett single-handedly beating Meeeechigan. 21-6 with 4 minutes or so left in the first half.

This game kind of makes me wonder how good is Ohio State? They struggled mightily against Mich, only to win by a botched 2 point conversion, then they lose by two scores to Mich St.

Very hard to say. The Clemson - Ohio State game is one of the most interesting to me, just because I don't believe either team is really that good. I do think Clemson is better. But we'll see.

Very hard to say. The Clemson - Ohio State game is one of the most interesting to me, just because I don't believe either team is really that good. I do think Clemson is better. But we'll see.

Hard to say which is better between these two. I'm with you though, I don't think either are as good as their ranking.

anybody else notice that this is the first year in, well, i can't remember last, when it wasn't like the #5 SEC vs #2 big 10 and the like? finally, it is about evenly matched as to what the teams were ranked in their conference, with exception to A&M vs Duke. how does this always happen? ACC #2 vs SEC #5 or whatever.

anybody else notice that this is the first year in, well, i can't remember last, when it wasn't like the #5 SEC vs #2 big 10 and the like? finally, it is about evenly matched as to what the teams were ranked in their conference, with exception to A&M vs Duke. how does this always happen? ACC #2 vs SEC #5 or whatever.

Despite TAMU's horrible D, I still think TAMU will beat them. Duke has ZERO athletes on D and they won't be able to stop Manziel and Davis. I think TAMU has enough athletes on D to stop Duke more than Duke can stop them.

FSU opponents are 1-3 in bowl games so far with all three loses being blow outs (assuming ASU keeps it up against BC). The lone win was Pitt getting late FG to beat Bowling Green.

Like others I think that points to FSU playing against inferior competition so how good FSU is still in question but I think the comments of over confidence b/c of dominance of bad teams.

Anybody just see the run by Logan from VT, followed by him getting blasted?

oh yea! He got ROCKED!! Probably should have been targeting as helmet to him of face mask, but helluva hit!

Actually, that hit looked pretty clean. He didn't launch, went with his shoulder right into the guy's chest. It just looked bad because Logan Thomas had jumped up to lob the pass and hadn't made it all the way back down yet.

No, he didn't launch but it was helmet to face mask. It was close and not called, so no foul.

Archived