Bama got Yeldoned.

ellitor

This is a couple days late but Zach Whitley flipped from Bama to UCLA in a fashion similar to Yeldon did us a couple years ago. Like TJ, Whitley is an EE and was telling the Bama staff all the way up to almost the minute before he flipped that he was 100% Bama. If Whitley did not sign financial aid papers with Bama, and I don't think he did, then Bama gets 1 call per week to try to flip Whitley back just like we had with TJ. I wish it was Auburn being the other team in the Bama Yeldoning but the fact it happened is glorious none the less.

Seems AU getting Yeldoned was a blessing in disguise....kid seems to cough the ball up at the most inopportune times. But still funny to see the shoe on the other foot, just means they will turn it up full blast on Evans.

Seems AU getting Yeldoned was a blessing in disguise....kid seems to cough the ball up at the most inopportune times. But still funny to see the shoe on the other foot, just means they will turn it up full blast on Evans.

Whitley is strictly an ILB. Evans is an OLB or DE for Bama. The 2 are not related for them. Their heat is up on Evans regardless. At this point though it will take a lot for Bama to pull Evans away from choosing Auburn.

Whitley is strictly an ILB. Evans is an OLB or DE for Bama. The 2 are not related for them. Their heat is up on Evans regardless. At this point though it will take a lot for Bama to pull Evans away from choosing Auburn.

A new dodge charger or GMC Yukon, perhaps? :whistle:

I hope so, I want Evans in a bad, bad way :D

A new dodge charger or GMC Yukon, perhaps? :whistle:

Be pretty hard to pull that kind of trick when the kid lives in Auburn (and lives there not just because he moved there to be in the state of Alabama)....

E, not to get on a tangent but I keep wondering about Ronnie Clark. If his heart is/was with Auburn, why is he not flipping after seeing the type of coaching staff we have and the turnaround of our team? I understand he gave a verbal but recruits are allowed to change their minds. It seems to me that perhaps his heart really is not with Auburn, and I don't mean that in a negative way just to understand his decision.

E, not to get on a tangent but I keep wondering about Ronnie Clark. If his heart is/was with Auburn, why is he not flipping after seeing the type of coaching staff we have and the turnaround of our team? I understand he gave a verbal but recruits are allowed to change their minds. It seems to me that perhaps his heart really is not with Auburn, and I don't mean that in a negative way just to understand his decision.

From most accounts, he is not the type to change his mind once he makes a decision. Also his God-brother, Cam Robinson is committed to Bama.

From most accounts, he is not the type to change his mind once he makes a decision. Also his God-brother, Cam Robinson is committed to Bama.

I've been hanging on to Clark because he's one of my favorites, but as ellitor said, it's time to move on. Not only is C Rob committed to the gumps, but he's already enrolled as an EE, along with Cameron Sims, whose also a good friend of Clark's. We can't get'em all.

Archived