***BCS Championship - AU vs FSU - Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok everybody let's take stock of the situation. We're up 21-10 at the half. Not what I expected after going up 21-3 but things could be worse. Need our D to get a stop to start the 2nd half and get the mo back.

Agree

FSU D is sucking oxygen right now. Our boys aren't even breathing heavy yet. We are a 4th Qtr team due to superior conditioned athletes. The 4th qtr is ours. We just need to hold em a few times and they are toast.

Their D is selling out between the tackles. We've tried the toss, but haven't tried the jet sweep. I bet we see it early in the second half. We've hit some passes over the middle with that look to help set it up.

Their D is selling out between the tackles. We've tried the toss, but haven't tried the jet sweep. I bet we see it early in the second half. We've hit some passes over the middle with that look to help set it up.

I agree. I kept waiting for Grant or Louis to take it around that wide open edge.

Good first half. Wish we had called timeout prior to fake punt. Everybody from Montgomery to Pasadena could see the fake coming. We must keep our foot on the gas on O. If we can answer every score put up by FSU, we will be rolling Toomers tonight! WDE!

We sent Corey around the end one time for a loss, but I agree we need to test the edges more with the running game. I'd also like to see Marshall keep it more on the option and take it wide. Too clogged up in the middle. They've got a good run D and we need to soften it up some more.

I just hope we keep the intensity up the full 60 minutes no matter what the score. I don't want to go thru another Georgia game!!

I don't think AU will do that, this team learns from mistakes and gets better. I fully expect to see heavy dose of Mason running the ball and really kicking in the HUNH to wear out that FSU D. They were already looking a little winded in mid 2nd quarter. AU ran 43 plays in first half, keep that up and they'll be gassed by 4th quarter and AU will still be up by 2 TDs.

AU MUST protect the ball and keep the pressure on Winston and FSU. I think FSU will come out with a focus on the run game.

FSU D is sucking oxygen right now. Our boys aren't even breathing heavy yet. We are a 4th Qtr team due to superior conditioned athletes. The 4th qtr is ours. We just need to hold em a few times and they are toast.

Hoping we wear them out

Archived